Play Him or Trade Him (2014 Edition)

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 4, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

It's time to take a look at guys who are either stuck in the minor leagues behind better talent at the big league level, or guys who even their managers don't know who they are.

[​IMG]

LF Adam Milligan (AAA Gwinnett Braves)

Milligan is crushing International League pitching and sports a robust 1.010 OPS in AAA. He has Plus power and Plus, Plus defense. Coco Crisp currently holds down LF for the Braves so his progress seems blocked at the moment. He adds better defense though, so it's possible he may see some time. Only Timpegoose can answer what his status is...

Verdict? Trade Him

[​IMG]

SP Kyle McPherson (AAA Norfolk Tides)

McPherson was traded to the Orioles from the Pirates in one of the first Dugout Trades. ryalaman is getting very good production currently out of his rotation, even the 5th spot. At 26 years old all of McPherson's ratings are maxed. He needs to be playing in the show.

Verdict? Trade Him

[​IMG]

1B Matt Adams (AAA Memphis Redbirds)

I'm not even sure Darkwing is even playing the game. His depth in the big leagues is strange, especially considering his starting Catcher is injured and there is no backup on the Active Roster. The good news for the Cardinals is that he has a solid (although underperforming) 1B in Matt Canha. Adams has nearly 1000 AAA at bats and continues to get better.

Verdict? Trade him

[​IMG]

SP Eli Echarry (AAA Durham Bulls)

Eli is a big arm and has dominated AAA the last two seasons. He is only 21, but he needs to play now. He throws 97-99, all his pitches are nearly maxed as is his control. OzoneAz needs to make a decision here.

Verdict? Play him!

• Like Like x 5
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Something tells me Zunino would have been on this list had he not gotten a recent call up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

whew. no Tigers made the list!

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Howard Strickland would have been on the list, that is if I didn't announce he would be up this next sim

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah, he was but I remember you saying that. So good call there.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Only if my minor league guys were pitching to their talent level and would be on the list... :(

7. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Is 1b dykstra still sitting on the bench with Mets?

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Milligan kinda came out of nowhere this year. As long as Marte continues to produce, Milligan will probably be the 4th outfielder next year, and Marte will probably start in LF.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

well i tried trading for atleast one of these guys in the last couple sims....

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

McPherson may come up this sim. Dan Klein has been horrible in the pen, and either he or Jacob Pettit will get the call. The big positive or McPherson is that he's already on the 40 man. Of course, if someone else thinks they could use a solid innings eater who's been damn good in AAA this year...