Play Him or Trade Him- 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Time to take a look around the league at players who are either blocked at their positions, or their GM's are not noticing their performance. These are NOT the big name prospects, but easily players who can play a role wherever they go. Trade them or Play them!

[​IMG]

C Jim Stark (AAA Norfolk Tides)

Stark is hitting very well at AAA and his potentials are nearly maxed. He is one of the top hitters in the International League and should be in the bigs. The Orioles are currently going with the Weiters/Colantino platoon, and with Stark being a lefty, I am not sure he adds much to this roster. That is a question for ryalaman

Verdict: Trade Him!

[​IMG]

RF Jordan Smith (Columbus Clippers)

Smith has had a couple of cups of coffee at the big league level and both times he has played well. The current Right Fielders for Cleveland are Martin Camacho and Carlos Moncrief. Smith has nothing left to prove and is hitting very well at AAA. You can't do worse JFace907

Verdict: Play Him!

[​IMG]

1B Brian Johnson (Reno Aces)

The Diamondbacks are currently destroying the NL West. Eduardo Lozano is getting most of the at bats, and this is a no-brainer. He is currently platooned with some other guy, who is stinking up the joint. Unfortunately both Johnson and Lozano are lefties, so playing both makes no sense. Right Colemanchu ? Johnson has put up 2 very good seasons in Reno, and he is ready for the next step. Just not with Arizona.

Verdict: Trade him!

[​IMG]

1B Willard Evans (Sacramento River Cats)

Evans played a little bit last season with disappointing results. Unfortunately, he has had nearly 2,000 At bats in the minors. This season he is doing well at AAA Sacramento. The A's can use another hitter, and Evans has to be the guy. Song Ju has limited minor league at bats, and hasn't done anything in the big leagues. This kid needs a shot Confucius Rex

[​IMG]

P Zachary Neal (Las Vegas 51's)

Come on sonn ! Everyone needs pitching, including your own team. This guy is filthy in AAA this year, and can either start, pitch long relief or pitch late innings. Right now at AAA he has 42 K to just 5 BB.

[​IMG]

P Daniel Camarena (Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees)

briosu99 is having a good season this year (finally!) and good pitching is hard to find. Camarena has nearly 500 innings in the minors and has pitched very well the majority of them. A nice left handed arm and just 25, now is the time.

Verdict: Play him!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Brian Johnson is already on my trade block. Unfortunately people don't like guys who can smash righty's. Guess that's how I ended up with the best record in baseball.

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I don't see him on the block

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Roger that.

It seems (at least coming from a new Coach this year so don't take this the wrong way as it's purely observational) that there are three Trading Blocks. The last I read was the emphasis was being placed on the Statslab site and to use that location for the primary trade block. I realize there's the Trading block in the actual game, Statslab as well as a forum thread here?

So.... is it necessary to have all 3? What's the rule of thumb here?

Thanks

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

What? I have someone good in the minors?!

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I check both statslab and the forums. Most guys are accustomed to the forums. Id prefer to migrate to statslab, because everything is right there. But its your call.

Never, ever use the in game trade block mechanic. Guys know they are on the block and their morale crashes!