Play Him or Trade Him- 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Mar 15, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Time to the annual trip around the minor leagues and find guys who are either languishing in the minors, blocked behind someone in the big leagues, or their GM has no clue who the heck they are. None of these are big name players, but all of them need to either be played, or traded.

[​IMG]

OF Matthew Marquis (AAA Durham Bulls)

The 29 year old Marquis has been purely dominant the last 3 seasons in AAA, putting up OPS+ of 121, 124 and now this year 144. He had a cup of coffee in 2017, but since then does not seem to be fitting into the Rays plans. Outside of John Givens, no one has really set the world on fire in the Rays OF. He has excellent defense, and is just killing the ball. What's the deal PepperNY ?

Verdict: Play Him!

[​IMG]

CF Jack Barnum (AAA Buffalo Bisons)

24 Year old Jack Barnum has paid his dues in the minor leagues. He has averaged about 200+ ABs the last 3 years in AAA and this year he has a .925 OPS. The left handed hitter will work excellent in a platoon, and his defense is outstanding with great range. The Mets are very deep in the Outfield, so a guy like Barnum probably won't help them too much. Drifterbub

Verdict: Trade Him!

[​IMG]

1B Gabriel Fernandez (AAA Durham Bulls)

The 26 year old is ready to rock and roll in the big leagues and is just clobbering the ball in AAA. He has an OPS of nearly 1.000 this year and has had success all the way through the minors. Even last year in a late season call-up he hit very well. He is blocked currently in Tampa behind Dietrich and Guerra.

[​IMG]

OF Valdemar Mehlinger (AAA Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees)

25 year old "Voldemort" is just hanging around in Scranton and is fully developed. The Yankees are in a penant race and can use some help. I am sure briosu99 is watching this kid, but he needs to do more than watch him. Charles Furneaux is doing a horrible job hitting and would be better served playing defense or pinch running off the bench.

[​IMG]

C Jair Bogaerts (AAA Iowa Cubs)

The 27 year old Right Handed batter is having an excellent AAA season with a .579 Slugging % and .926 OPS. He has explosive power and someone needs to see what sort of numbers this kid can put up in the minors. Currently Shaun Mason has J.P. Arencibia as his starting Catcher, but at this point in time, JP is better served being traded to rebuild the team. He is 33 years old, and I am not sure how much he will help them moving forward. The payroll savings alone will help.

[​IMG]

1B Brian Johnson (AAA Reno Aces)

Johnson was on this list last year and he is playing even better. Probably the best player on this list and I am shocked he hasn't been moved yet. Surely someone needs a 1B or DH right Colemanchu

• Like Like x 16
  2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Love this

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah, I guess he's not good enough? Oh well, guess I have an emergency injury replacement if needed.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Love this!!! Also glad to not have anyone on this list for once.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Meaning no top picks or top prospects on any lists.