Play Your TDL2 Games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Play Your TDL2 Games

Guys,

I'm going drastic. I am going to adjust the sliders in a big way, but a reasonable one. I'm stealing a set.

Now, if we manage to beat better teams all week, it's gonna change again, but for now, I'd like to see what I can do about the silliness you guys are creating out there.

You guys oughta be ashamed of yourselves, ya no-defense-playin' buncha sissy-marys. (y)

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll be advancing shortly. Then the new set will be in place.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I see we had plenty of time to take shots at each other, but no time to do anything useful. Play your TDL2 games and post your thoughts. Let's forget about the rest of this nonsense until this is done.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Just got in. I'll be playing shortly and will post soon after ...

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If I'm right, the games will be similar, but toned down a bit. One thing I think we'll really notice is that the passing game has loosened up for users, as has running from the spread. However, our QBs are not nearly as accurate, especially if we really chuck one, or throw while moving. Sometimes, you'll just miss (especially is your QB isn't that good), but that's better than having a defender right there on every play.

One thing I noticed in the offline games I played last night, is that good players tend to make plays, especially on the D-Line. I actually had to find ways to run away from guys, because they made quite a few plays.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I think I might have made a mistake and bumped the CPU QB 5 points too high, and us 5 points too low, so that may change next week, if we keep the set.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Here's how the game "felt":

The Good:

~ I felt like I could make stops if I called a good game. I got burned when I fucked up. Never felt "Robo QB'd". The CPU QB had some hard-thrown misses.

~ Took a really bad angle at safety and got burned for a 77 yard run. CPU RB broke some tackles, but it wasn't crazy. Realistic in this department, IMO.

~ The D' felt "sneaky good". Good play calling on their behalf + the ocasional shitty throw to a wide-open WR made moving the ball a challenge, but not overwhelming.

~ Got picked off twice. Both tough, but very realistic. Thinking of it now, I wish I had used a video slot for both of e'm. With the one I didn't show, my best WR got locked up in man-to-man press coverage on a designed slant route. Once he released, I thought he had the edge, so I "forced it in", only to have the CB make the play. Shit happens.

The Bad:

~ I was shocked by this, but the CPU QB had a very low completion percentage. It definitely felt higher!

~ Two dumb-ass CPU punt fakes ruined this game for me. Both were unnecessary, unsuccessful, and gave me great field position. This can't be fixed, but I just wanted to mention it.

~ The dirty laundry! WAY troo many flags for my taste. I got called for 5 penalties and KU receiving a whopping 8 (3 face masks, 1 holding, 1 clipping, and a few others).

Other things (neutral):

~ One or two wide open dropped picks on both sides. (This often helps keeps sim #'s.)

~ What's our speed threshold with this set? I have some slow-ass fucks, but they seemed a bit slower in this one. I def' wasn't breaking a long run, but I could still use my burst in open space and gain yardage on the ground.

Side Note:

I never had too much trouble moving the ball against the old sliders (it wasn't cake, but it felt real to me), but as you mention AG, the CPU accuracy plummet helps negates whatever CPU skills you've decreased. My biggest problem with the old sliders was the CPU passing game and RB broken tackles.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Speed threshold has been reset to 10. It's still pretty low, but if you noticed a difference, it's because there is one. Also, I turned up penalties for some things, but I can set them back at 50, and clean up some of the flags. I think CPU completion percentage will vary by QB. Good QBs have been well over 50% in the games I've played so far.

So far, I like the line play a lot better, and I like the more open passing game. Whiel the D still takes some things away, and can shut us down at times, most of the time we make mistakes by throwing ugly stuff into the secondary. If your QB has no arm, it's up to you not to trust him to go deep. I like it better that way.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll be advancing in a few. I'll also be extending an invite to a 12th coach (who may feel free to introduce himself and his team whenever he likes).

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And since no one (save one person) did what I asked, I will make the changes I think we need. I don't want to catch a bunch of crap about it, since no one gave me any input.

10. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Sorry- I did not notice this post until now (had been following the "all things TDL2" thread only)- I liked the sliders- more later when I get some time to type.....

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Totally OK. I was leaning on the guys doing the complaining. You were not one of these. Don't sweat it.