Playbook and Recruiting Clarification Requested

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Qwigly, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Having just joined, just want to get clarification.

1) Are custom playbooks allowed as of next season? If so, what are rules/restrictions? If not, I have some work to do to create my offensive identity with my talent laden team :doodie:

2) Could we get recruiting guidelines posted? With the plethora (word for the day) of talent willing to brave the DC ghetto to attend Howard University, I want to be sure we have proper controls in place to avoid any NCAA sanctions.

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I can answer question #2.

The only recruiting guidelines are you are only allowed to recruit JUCOs your first season as Coach. Also, you are never allowed to have more than 70 players on your roster at any given time. There should never be any players you need to cut unless they are walkons.

We are past players leaving so all you need to do is see how many players are on your roster, and subtract that number from 70. Each commit counts as a player towards your roster as well.

Example: You have 59 players on your roster and currently 5 players committed. That's 59+5 = 64 players on your team. 70-64 = SIX ROSTER SPOTS LEFT.

When we begin next season, you will need to factor in the # of seniors you have. If you start next season with say 68 players on your roster and have 10 seniors, then you have 10 seniors spots to recruit for plus two open spots. 70-68+10 = 12 available scholarships.

3. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Current situation:

As of week 1 recruiting, there are 53 players on Howards roster (1 is a transfer that I understand should have been cut last offseason, if so, there are 52). Currently have 12 commits (11 CPU 68, 52, 60, 60, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52, 47, 45 and my only commit 62 Tackle). There are 11 Seniors that will be on the roster if worth having or position limits will not allow me to cut them.

Do I cut the transfer and live with the CPU signees, allowing me to sign ((70 roster limit -52 players discounting transfer))+12 current signees = 6 remaining slots for me to fill this off season?

Is there any allowance regarding taking a team over late in the season?

Not trying to be difficult, just want to abide by the rules...going to be a very long season for me regardless.

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

You can cut the transfer I believe, but it sounds like you have 6 spots and MAYBE 7.

It would be up to @DirtyCashDylan's discretion if he will let you cut guys you didn't sign or any other exceptions.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea I'd wait for DirtycashDylan to weigh in on whether you could cut some of those guys or have to cut the transfer etc.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  6. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

That is really who I am looking for a response from, appreciate all the other input though!!!!

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

It's season 4. Cut who you want and keep that transfer if you want. Same goes for the other new people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Works for me, thanks!

9. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

What about question #1, are custom playboods allowed or we sticking with stock team books?

10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

CPBs are allowed starting now.

11. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Ok, thanks for clarifying

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

and... i just got a bit of wood...