Playbook Change

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Playbook Change

Hey guys,

I plan on changing my offense next season...is it OK if I use a new playbook for the bowl game to try the change out, or do I need to wait?

Shaun

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This has come up before and I said no, so I guess out of fairness I will have to say it again.

Sorry bud.

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I understand they need for consistency, but what is the reason behind not allowing the change?

The reason we adhere to one playbook is to avoid changing it up when we play User vs User games, right? I don't understand how changing for one game at the end of the season (when coaches will often try out new wrinkles) impacts anything if it is against the computer.

I don't expect your answer to change, I just would like to understand the reason.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Although coaches do add wrinkles and new plays/formations for bowl games, they don't change their offense completely. Since playbooks in this game dictate your offensive scheme, it's best to just keep it fair and consistent and use one playbook the entire season.

This is the same reason I strongly support you have the personnel and depth to move to a new system (like Texas A&M's move from a pro-style to a run based option attack). Because if you move to a spread and your only good throwing QB goes down, you are stuck with it.

Yes, the original intention of keeping your playbook for the entire season is to limit switching playbooks to tailor your team to an opponents weaknesses. It's also for consistency and statistical purposes. Just so you can't go from a spread attack and throw for 400 yards, then switch to the fleXbox One and run for 400 yards the next week.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Understood, I will just have to try it out some other way.:)

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Practice.

With all that being said though, if we can get a 3/4 vote here I'll institute a rule that you can try a new playbook in your bowl if you meet a few different stipulations. I don't want everyone to think it's kosher to just change their playbook for the bowl just because they are tired of the one they have.

Up to you guys.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I appreciate the chance, but it really isn't that big of a deal to me...I can practice outside the bowl game.

I need to tailor my team more to the talent I have, otherwise I would run the fleXbox One since I know I am good at that.:)

But, I want to practice throwing the ball alot before I commit a whole season to it.:)

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I vote yes.

OHHHHHH WAIT!

Hey Deuce ;)