Playbook Declarations

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Baron, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

(@I Peench, figured I'd get this out now, gives you enough time to look it over. And, I mean, it's done, really, with your approval of course. Another reason to get it out asap, so I can make any changes you think necessary, plus gives us a thread for people to post in about their PBs)

Defense: Default 3-4 playbook

Offense: Base playbook (not that that matters this year, apparently) was Arkansas State, Guz Malzahan.

Non-Shotgun Formations: (this is my, oh-shit package basically, where if I'm stuck with a shitty, non-mobile QB, or if my offense is just getting absolutely murdered because you guys lock my system down).

ACE:
    Deuce Wing

I FORM:
    Twin TE

STRONG I:
    Twins

Shotgun, Pistol and Wildcat Formations (The meat of my system. I'll be running the spread option if you guys couldn't tell by now. But it has more in common with Malzahan's system back at Auburn than Urban Meyer or Rich Rod. Mostly based off power running inside read options to play-action and then spreading things out with the outside zone read, bubbles, etc. once D comes up.)

PISTOL:
    Wing Trio

WILDCAT:
    Spread Flex

SHOTGUN:
    4 WR Trio
    Empty Trips
    Empty Trio TE
    Normal
    Normal Flex Wing
    Normal HB Wk
    Slot F Wing
    Spread Flex
    Trio HB Wk
    Trips Open
    Wing Offset
    Wing Offset Wk
    Y-Trips HB Wk

Goalline (This might be the most contentious of my selections but the fact is that I absolutely HATE the standard goalline formation. At least with this formation there are some option plays that work. I'd like to point out in its defense / argument for including it here as my goalline, that both last year and this year Mississippi State had this as their goalline, as well some other teams)

GOALLINE:
    Wishbone Tight

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Baron I need to know where these formations are coming from
    I'm passing out and going to look at this tomorrow.

3. Baron

It really doesn't tell you where they come from when you select them. I mean, if I suddenly tossed out a Wingbone formation in there but could point to another playbook that said "spread" on it that had that, would that make the oddity any better?

4. I Peench

I worded this wrong, I was exhausted. I meant to ask which of these came from the base. It's ok, I'll manually look through everything and let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I Peench

Baron

If you insist on your hatred for the base Goalline, and your justification is that other teams run it which they do, then I think the random Ace/I/Strong should be out. You can add 1 formation to the Pistol, Wildcat and Wishbone to make up for it. A shitty immobile quarterback will still be able to work that system if it has that much shotgun/pistol in it. No need to have the other three pro formations. If you're going to be a Spread SIM player, then the playbook should reflect that.

Otherwise, the playbook is perfectly acceptable. If you want to take the wishbone out, the Ace/I/Strong are perfectly acceptable.

6. Baron

Can I keep the Ace Deuces? Because even the default, full on spread option attacks have a goalline and then some under center. Hell Oregon has Ace F Twins IIRC.

Let me know, and I'll get rid of the other two regardless.

7. I Peench

Is power option as unstoppable out of the wishbone as it was last year? Just curious. I'm personally not a fan of this, but I'm curious to see what others think. Like I said, the rest of your playbook is more than reasonable.

JFace907 Mike E MartyWebb

8. Baron

I've run it once in the two games I've played and it got stuffed for a loss. Though that might have been because I was using the left trigger instead of LB to pitch.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Never saw malzahn line up under center

10. Baron

More in common with =/= perfectly adopting everything of. If that were the case, I'd just grab Auburn or Arkansas State's PB.

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Well you said you play like malzahn....then you referenced Oregon as a reason to keep under center formations. Not that I really care, but it's my opinion

12. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I thought we were only allowed to add plays and drop formations. not add formations. If thats what you did or if im wrong then my bad.

13. I Peench

We amended it. I really would only like formations added from playbooks similar to your base.

14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

+1

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I may just stick with Oregon State, Miami(OH), or USC's PB and get a feel for one before I go all crazy with a custom playbook.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Im with this. Sorry ive been out of pocket. Lots of family travel.

17. Bucs

what are the rules for defensive playbooks? im going use the 4-3 but will be tweaking it a bit to add the normal Nickel formation and removing the 1-5-5

18. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

same here

19. Bucs

meant 3-4

20. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

im doing some tweaking to the 4-3 i am curious to see what I Peench has to say about adding/removing formations for defense.

21. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Yeah that 2-4-5 Nickel is horrible to generate a pass rush with.

22. I Peench

Ya mon, it blows

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Man it is looking like I will need to abandon my dream of running the spread. So far I have not scored more than 1 TD per game vs. TSO guys :eek:

Looking to go to maybe a pass heavy one-back style playbook, or a pro style playbook , open to suggestion.

Also, Grandmaster I Peench , what say ye as to when we need to have these playbooks delared ?

24. Baron

I scored 38 on bbj using my CPB and Ohio State. I think I just need a fuck ton of practice.

You need them declared before your first user game. Ideally before your first CPU game, but it's required before first user game.

25. I Peench

I'd like these in ideally before the season begins. How about Friday? We're going to have to wait for JFace907 to get the game before we begin, so it's tough to declare an official start date. Hopefully he gets a tracking # tomorrow