Playbook Design 101

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Jul 13, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

[​IMG]

As we all work to discover our program's offensive identity, let's share (some of) our ideas here. How's everyone making out?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

To be honest, I have no idea were I am going with my playbook other than to say its going to be pro style.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I started with syracuse's book and ripped a bunch of shit out of it and went to the pistol formations. I am using the same philosophy and plays I use with my high school team....9 plays out of 20 different formations, with the zone at the heart of it all. I also included two shotgun formations for 3rd and long...after 5 games on aa I have made 3 formation changes, so this is defn a living document.

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

i am going pro style off.....used the florida pro scheme as a barometer....about to throw it all together but it will look something like this.....

1-2 formations of 5 wide

then all 2 wr sets like weak...strong...i formation etc

and finish it off with ace sets with 3 wr and 2 wr sets

and maybe a few 3wr 1 te or 4 wr sets in shotgun for 2 min drills

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If the downhill read option stays viable, I'll play some pistol, though after I cut Pryor, I won't have the QB to do it, so it'll be a small package thing designed for when Braxton Miller sees time.

Other than that, it'll be a lot like Sox - lots of two-back, two-wide, with variations (a little two TE, a little 3 WR, and a small number of shotgun sets. That's the idea so far, at least.

I've always wanted to try the Run n' Shoot, but the books were always terrible. Maybe I'll toy with one of those books in my spare time, and implement it down the line if I can make it work.

[​IMG]

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I've played with a spread but it will resemble Arkansas's "mutant" pro style....meaning it will have alot of shotgun and alot of pro formations as well

7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

It was a sweet moment for me when I went to my base formation (single big twins) and added all of the plays for that formation. No more of the "playbook A has these 8 plays, but not these 3 while playbook B has those 3, but is missing 5 of the 8 from playbook A". Now I have every single possible play for the formation I like.

Definitely a work in progress, but progress nonetheless.

8. egofailure

Couldn't agree more, Brog'.

I just put together a one back PB that I dig a lot.

Can't wait to see how effective it is vs. users.

9. egofailure

Just bumpin' this up in hopes of hearing everyone else's PB-in-progress ...

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Just starting right now. I'm finding out that while I'm an All-World Madden passer, I am pretty much absolute shit in this version of NCAA. I've got really no choice but to go with a spread/pistol book here at Wazzu. This is gonna be rough. LOL.

11. egofailure

Are you practicing your passing game with Washington State? It could just be that your team sucks. ;-)

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

No I had Notre Dame for the first 4 days for the TSO tourney

13. egofailure

Oh, I see. In that case ...

[​IMG]