Playbook for a Mobile QB

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 8, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have been playing with more and more quick and mobile quarterbacks, I was wondering what are some good play books to use with them. I have been using the Auburn playbook while playing with Denard Robinson, I am just curious what other people use.

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

You stealing my team over in another league.
    Michigan book is solid. I'm starting to like the Nevada book with running qbs. Wvu book is Michigan book. If you are comfortable with all shotgun miss st book is the shit. You may have to use touissant as feature back for it to work tho. Need quick back but you are loaded with the wrs to run that book.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Mississippi State's playbook has some nice formations. It is nearly 100% shotgun so you have to be comfortable running out of that formation. One other fun thing about Miss State, there goal line is wishbone formation. I also like Auburn's playbook.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Check out Utah State playbook

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Yea Utah st is nice. Pretty look for "multiple" style books. Might also wanna check out LSU book

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If you want a spread playbook that can function entirely by passing, take a look at the Utah playbook. Some of the best all around passing sets in that one.

For spread option running, I would highly recommend the WVU playbook, which has a ton of 'load option' plays where you have a FB or HB running as a lead blocker for the QB in case you don't pitch the ball. Plus it has a few under center formations for when you need to run the ball in short yardage or end of game situations.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Baylor has the best Playbook for a mobile qb with the spread.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

It's not "spread", it's more power, but the Nebraska one is really good. I'm using it with Martinez. It's about 1/3 Ace, 1/3 Iforms, 1/3 shotgun. But in every form, there is atleast 1 option play, and often 2 (1 with HB, 1 with WR) and also a rollout pass, which is good for the run/pass option as it's designed to be that way, can easily take off if you see an opening

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It doesn't matter what you use Cougs...someone is going to eat your quarterback for lunch.:)

10. gowazzucougs

I will study the Michigan/WVU playbooks, as well as Baylor, and Utah State. I have tried running the Florida/MSU playbooks before and I have had trouble with them. I like using Auburn's playbook, but those Wildcat formation plays cause me some consternation when I play a human.

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Mississippi State is a good one like a few people said, but one that is really pretty good that isn't very popular and is worth a look is Louisiana Monroe. They have one pistol and three ace formations, and the rest is shotgun. One thing I really like in this book is there are a lot of shotgun formations that have the HB offset from the QB so the zone read plays really hits downhill and there are other good plays like HB Dive out of shotgun.

12. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah Baylor has probably 40 plays u can run with qb including 5 wide qb draws and qb blast. Plus read options along with alot of other option runs

13. gowazzucougs

Will this meal occur in my opponent's end zone after my qb scores a touchdown?

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I dunno...

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Only if you are playing the sclsu muddogs

16. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'd say compare your QB to a real life mobile QB and try out their playbook. I compared my QB to Russell Wilson of NC State, which helped me narrow down my options to a few multiple playbooks. I've used FSU and Utah St and liked both based on the personell

17. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I run Oregon with Robert Bolden. I'm enjoying it so far.

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Looked at ul Monroe book. King is right. It's a nice book. Another one no one has mentioned is the Air Force book. Lots of different qb runs

19. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Oregon, Auburn, Miss St, or even Vandy. I'm a big fan of the read options where the RB runs a dive instead of going off-tackle. These play books all have 4-5 formations with plays like this. Lots of slot options that work pretty well too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Just wondering, anybody know of books that have a lot of load option plays? Pretty sure wvu and af have most and I know Michigan has some.

21. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

V Tech has a few

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Agreed, plays where the HB dives from shotgun are the way to go, assuming you do not want to run 100% with your qb.

23. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Kentucky has a pretty good formations with ace and strong I and weak I and Shotgun with the wildcat and a good gut right up the middle which i have scored on long runs on.

24. plex

plex Walk On

I'm using Vandy's Playbook @ the moment. It has the dive out of Shotgun. And also the ever important QB power. Which ever playbook you choose make sure it has these QB power plays. Strong side blocks ahead while weak side guard pulls to kick out.

25. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll have to try to run this play more as I've had limited success in limited use. I've got a QB with 95 SPD 91 ACC and 91 AGI who I'm always trying to get more involved and out in space.