Playbook Selection

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChildPlease9, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Should we allow custom playbooks?

1. Yes -- Allow custom playbooks as approved by the league as a whole.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No -- Ban custom playbooks altogether.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Had a little discussion in AIM blast earlier... thoughts?

Either way, I think we should have to establish an identity and stick with it.

2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I'm cool with it either way.

I know we were fine in Z2H with custom playbooks as approved by the league. I think banning them also makes sense because it decreases likelihood of using money plays on top of requiring a team identity, especially on offense.

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I voted to allow them but I don't really care. Especially with the group we have here, I don't anticipate anyone taking advantage of this capability. If anything, I would say limit the the amount of sets and formations so that they can't just have everything they want. Has to be a give and take.

4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I voted to disallow them. I understand the pros to using them, I just like the purity of using a set playbook.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I was a big fan of custom books last year. And yes i trust all of you guys the reps here for all of you are top notch and will make this league ahead of them all. I think for the builder format using a set book would overly force guys to build to a identity even more then they might normally do. Would be cool to watch guys develop there ideas of a system threw recruiting and then using that philosophy in the playbook.

• Like Like x 1
  6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I voted to allow. I'm seeing it as a way to remove plays that are never used and changing formations and plays that stay within the frame work of the base playbook. My case from west Virginia book I'm taking out the trips formations from the gun and replacing with 4wr trio & str. That gives me the same plays but I can now have the downhill running instead of the sweeping style.

I'm even good with saying you can't add any new formations but you can change the plays within the existing pb formations. That way I can dump those plays that dont work and just clutter up things.

Then again I have no problem running the default wv book. Just make me learn to use the plays I don't like.

So I guess I vote yes but I'm good either way.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I voted No, Cause of the issues from the last release. Plenty of other Playbooks to establish yr identity

8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I'm glad we really have a nice majority here.

9. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I ran two leagues last year and we lost countless game (or at least wasted countless hours) from games freezing. We finally started deleting custom playbooks towards the end of season 6 to thwart the issue. I like having all my plays but the headaches outweighed the benefit to me. Just my two cents

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Always up to me to make important decisions...

Yall have convinced me.

11. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

im open to anything, i'll be sticking with one that is already in the game though

12. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Official Ruling: Custom Playbooks are Banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.