Playbook Suggestions

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GoGators, Nov 16, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Playbook Suggestions

For the life of me, I can't figure out which playbook to use this season. I'd like to hear your suggestions. Typically I run UF's playbook.

Here's my scouting report:

I'm in season 3 with UF.

I have John Brantley at QB 96 overall 70 spd 93 tp 92 ta (kid can sling it)

Demps 99, Rainey 98, and Moody 95 are all back for their Sr years.
    (I've noticed it's tough to run w/Demps & Rainey because they are too fast. They outrun the lineman so they don't setup blocks properly and the CPU plays like it's on speed burst whenever those guys get the ball.)

All my WR's are 90+ overall and fast. Deonte Thompson is a 97 spd.

My O-line is solid.

My defense is somewhat rebuilding.

Right now I'm torn between a couple playbooks. But rather than create bias, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Fire away!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Use Mississippi State.

It has everything UF's playbook has except for the WR counter/QB power play out of Normal Flex Wing. Yes, it has gator heavy (bulldog heavy), and it also has Wildcat Spread. Which is better IMO because you can audible out of it unlike in the regular Wilcat formation.

I'm in a similar situation as you are right now. I am Central Michigan (Dan LeFevour = poor man's Tebow). My back up is pretty much just like Brantley, more of a pocket passer, decent speed. I have two very good backs.

These playbooks have a lot of good passing plays, and the QB Choice play out of Slot F Wing, Normal Flex Wing, and Wing Offset are all great plays when handing it off to the HB instead (hold 'A').

Also, like UF's playbook you have the option to sub in your HB at QB in Empty Wing Trio and either run power or QB Slot Option (or throw if you can I guess).

It also has Trio HB Wk which can be used from time to time to outnumber the defense on one side of the field.

The only thing majorly different is that it doesn't have wishbone and maryland I in goalline formation (which I think is stupid anyway).

Formations UF has that Miss St doesn't that I can think of:
    Slot F Trips
    Goal Line (Wishbone & Maryland I)

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Try Miami(FL).

It is a good balanced playbook. Not a lot of option plays though if thats what you are looking for.

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I like Tulsa's pb. It has a lot of the spread stuff, and some Ace big variations. Oregon's is nice too. I also like Auburn's and Ms. States. Texas Tech might be a way to go if you are looking to pass more. June Jones brought Hawai'i's playbook to SMU if you want to sling it with Brantley.