Playbooks and Schemes for 2013

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Kapono, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I've been wondering what kind of offensive system I plan on using in my dynasties and as of now, I'm planning on running something similar to what I ran in NCAA 12 but with a lot more option plays. Having Manuel in year 1 will be nice to have as I get used to some of the option concepts. What kinds of offenses do you guys plan on using in year 1 or what kind of system do you hope to evolve into once you can recruit your own guys?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I usually tend to run somewhere between a pro-style and shotgun passing scheme. I've always been pretty good at balancing the run and pass, and with the QB/HB combo at Georgia I should be able to do that. How much I run vs pass is usually driven by where the talent is. On defense I'm sticking with the 3-4, especially since the Bulldogs are pretty set for that defensive style.

I can answer this for Cheez and recchem2000....

Cheez - "Me run ball! Run good! Pass sucks!"

Recchem - "I like to try and mix things u.......WTF?!?!? MY QB GOT SACKED AGAIN?!?!? DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

The Miami Hurricanes will run a Pro Style motion offense. Look for the playbook to consists of many Ace and “I” formation variations with a few Shotgun sets sprinkled in. The offensive scheme will be designed to keep the chains moving while cutting down on third-and-long situations. The offense will take its shots down the field, but will not rely on the big play for scoring. Though the offense is intended to be run/pass balanced, the game plan will change accordingly, to give the team the best chance to succeed. We do not foresee having to recruit specifically to the offense, but over time do hope that better athletes will make the offense more explosive while remaining ball control at its core.

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

How can I say "Pass Sucks" when I dont know what the Pass is?

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

With a backfield full of power backs, maybe I'll just become the next Cheez :)

Na, I like passing the ball too much to just abandon the passing game. I really want to spend a lot of time practicing when I first get the game and see what works best. I'll probably start off with a singleback offense. In night owls when I was Wisconsin I had great success with it. Maybe try to mix in some automotion to give similar looks for different plays. Eventually my goal would be to sign of those coveted ATH's and have a dual threat QB to run a spread option offense.

On defense I would like to run a 3-4. I didnt really have a good feel for it in last years game. Hopefully blitzing LB's wont just get stuck at the line. Also would like to have a DT come in at 320, but most seem like they come in around 280. Of course, weight isn't really a factor yet.

6. Cheez

I like being me. I would recommend becoming me to anyone else with the opportunity to do so :)

7. MexiRican35

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

In NCAA 12 I feel I had a much tougher time defending Boom29 then Cheez . Boom's 3rd down conversions always made my blood boil. As far as recruiting, I'll just load up on O-Line and WRs and find a speed QB every once in a while just to suit my style.

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I have a Freshman receiver who is 6'6" tall with blazing speed.... so for the first 3 seasons (until he goes pro) I'll just run "1-verts" a new offensive system of my design where I keep 9 players back to pass protect and send 1 guy deep. I will then lob a pass too late in the route and user catch jump balls up and down the field! In order to really make it go, I will need to have I-form Tight as my only formation and will have to position change O-lineman to HB, FB and TE. After that it's just a little hot-routing. In the redzone I'll mix up my playcalling by going with a fade route rather than a go route.... just to keep things balanced and all.
    :p

After that gets old I have no clue what I'll run. I want to get my hands on some of the new looks in the flex that should be in Army's "broken bone" playbook but the new spread option is tempting as well. I am also considering a full spread/air raid type of offense similar to what they run IRL. Bottom line, until the game is in hand, I have no idea what direction I'll end up going on offense. I will say that I won't make my decision based on current personnel, I'll come up with something and build towards it.

On defense I finished the season in the 3-4, but I'm thinking I might try and run a 3-3-5 stack as my base, I'll have to take a long look but especially if almost everyone else is running more conventional 3-4/4-3 looks it could be fun to be the oddball. To me, Mizzou is the oddball team in the conference anyways, they make less sense than almost every other team in terms of geography, offensive scheme, history etc.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2 TE, no Huddle (y)

Honestly I have no idea. Most likely a pro-style. Everything else I try turns to shit. I liked the Tulsa playbook the one time I used it so I may try to incorporate some of those plays into my system. And yes, im sure I will get sacked a shit ton as Dru50 was so nice to mention above.

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'm not sure yet I want to know how the game plays. I think I'm gonna have to play with some pb's and go from there. I've always liked the Tamu pb. So I'll start there and see how it's evolved.

12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Hopefully ill be using Idaho's playbook again lol.

I like to Pass... alot...
    I like to Pass to the opposing team alot...
    I will draft around passing...

I mix in running but i pass most of the times... if 8+ ppl dont have catches in a game my QB didnt do his job heh.

13. Cheez

I have found my nemesis.

If my QB passes 8 times a game, I'm in trouble

• Like Like x 1
  14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have a feeling Texas A&M PB will look different with a new coach who likes to pass. You may need to review Houston's playbook

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas with probably throw the ball a lot. Then get sacked a whole bunch when they play Georgia.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jayrah

good point!!!!! (y)

17. Cheez

I think I'm going to try and gear my team around the run moreso than last year...... :p

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats just gross Josh! Somehow I don't think you will have the same success you had at Stanford.

19. Cheez

unless Dru50 leaves Georgia.....

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You can't have them!

21. Cheez

Yes I can!

22. MexiRican35

[​IMG]

23. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm likely staying with Georgia....sorry cheez.

24. Cheez

:(

25. Jayrah

That's GREAT! Bring it on! I think I played the run pretty well against you last year IIRC...And I do RC. :D