Playbooks *EVERYONE POST*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Playbooks *EVERYONE POST*

I will need everyone to post the playbooks they will be using this season. I should have done this along time ago but had forgotten.

For offensive playbook anything team one should be good, as of now nobody is running a triple option. If you wish to now or in the future please PM me about it. As for defense you should be running close to what your team does. Nobody runs the 4-2-5 except TCU so it will not be used by the teams in this league as a base defense. If i allow it everyone will use it because it clearly has advantages with personal groupings and that will take away from the realism in our teams. The only defensive playbooks that should be used are 4-3,3-4, or multiple D. And as posted in the rules thread to day you should not be using 3-2-6. 3-3-5, or 1-5-5 in RUNNING situations. These are pass-defense playbooks and should be used that way.
    Everyone needs to post their offensive and defensive playbooks here that they will be using all season.

Thanks guys

2. Hova

USC

Offense: Miami
    Defense: 4-3

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State

Offense: Texas A&M

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State

O: Ohio St
    D: 4-3

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I do not agree with this at all. Telling people what playbooks to run or defenses. I know this is a sim league but come on. It takes away some personality from the users. I use the 4-2-5 in several leagues and I have had success and failure equally. Who's to say what team can run what style of offense. It should be up to the coach at the time. GT didn't start running the option until 2 years ago with PJ. Florida didn't run the spread until Meyer 4 years ago. I could go on and on. Under your reasoning we should have to use the default playbooks of each team. You can't limit the playbooks, I say it should be all or none. And with such a big decision, I think it should be democratic and let the league decide.

Offense- Okl St
    Defense- 4-2-5

6. swens26

swens26 Walk On

I think since you are basically the new coach of that team you should run how you want to run...every coach will change things when they go to a new school but anyways...

Oklahoma
    4-3

7. Hova

The offensive playbooks are basically your choice, If you are truly interested in running a triple option talk to me and we will go over the things you have to watch by running it.

The 4-2-5 is more the SIM aspect point of view. Nobody in the NCAA runs this base defense except TCU. Penn St especially would not run this formation when they are the "LINEBACKER U". It put's 5 DB's on the field that run right through retarded AI blocking. If i allow this it will turn into something everybody wants to run when they see its success against the AI of the computer. I want this to be top of the line simulation league and that is not sim when every team is running a defense that NOBODY runs. If it is that big of a deal that you cannot use a defense that nobody uses then maybe this isn't the leauge for you. In every league I am in I see nobody using this defense. Games change when you are playing against a formation rather than a strategy of zone or man or blitzing. The league would become very redundant with everyone using the 4-2-5 and would pull away from the meaning of simulation.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

4-2-5 is also banned in my league. Long before you became a member, I hope you aren't using it.

9. Hova

I am seeing too much of the same looks on defense and hearing about it from other members as well. This along with the rules of the other uncommon formations will help to combat this. You should be mixing up play calling on both sides of the ball.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have to agree w/ Hokie about the offensive playbook selections. We have to have the ability adjust based on the rosters and recruiting.

Balanced
    Multiple D

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I do agree with using whatever offensive playbook you want. But defense should be limited.

12. Hova

The offensive playbook is fine, no where In my post did I say you cannot mix up your playbook on offense. As you can see mine is miami not USC. If you are making a BIG change though like to the triple option yodu should let me know first as their are things you have to watch when running it (late pitches, etc...)

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Offense: Miami

I might try out multiple D next season but for this season I'm going to stick with the defense I am most familiar with. I'd say 95% of games I have placed have used 4-3 playbook.

14. Hova

I will edit the original post as to not confuse anyone about offense, but the 4-2-5 is not something I am wanting as a base defense and should not be an issue

15. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I agree with the offensive side of wanting to run your offense your way but defensively running with 5 dbs on the field constantly is just cheese. I can see running it when needed but it just creates too many problems for ncaa's shitty oline blocking schemes. Gaps arent filled correctly, blocks that normally would be made in real life simply are not. I could dominate every cpu game with a 4-2-5 defense and user in all reality but no team except tcu runs it as stated earlier. Call it what you will but its an unfair advantage to have that much speed on the field wgen the offensive package doesnt call for it. Run a normal based defense thats what dimes are for. Just my 2 cents

16. Hova

If you are worried about not being able to play good defense WITHOUT the 4-2-5, with a team that wasn't build to run it, that should prove my point right there

17. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va tech runs

va tech offense
    4-3 defense

18. Hokie Effect

Looks like I won't be running the 4-2-5 after all.

Duke
    4-3

19. Hova

Thanks hokie, I appreciate that

20. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Offense: Texas Tech
    Defense: Multiple-D

Two questions. Is the 4-2-5 different from the "nickel"? Are we supposed to keep these playbooks for the whole season?

The problem I am having, is trying to run a somewhat realistic, Texas Tech style offense, but it's tough to do. Like running out of a shotgun. I try every game, and it seems hopeless, but that's what they do, so I keep trying. Mixing up the plays with them is sometimes tricky. All those shotgun formations, and the plays are pretty much the same from one to the other. What I have been trying to do is keep with the "spirit" of the rules, and keep it as close to real life as possible.

My D generally fails in every way possible, every game. In the course of a game I will run some 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, 46, Nickel, 1-5-5, 3-3-5, Dime, Quarter; all of them. I use them when appropriate, but should I be doing this at all, or should I be using just 4-3, or just 3-4? I have been using Multiple-D in what has so far been a futile attempt to find a formation that I can have some success with. I'm sure no real life teams do this. It doesn't matter to me, but the conversation going on made me wonder. By the way, if anyone has found a good defensive playbook, let me know!

21. Hokie Effect

I did....4-2-5.

I think the rules are that 4-3, 3-4, multiple D are your base playbooks. You can match up DB's with WR at anytime. So if you see that your opponent picks:

1. 3 WR set you can pick base D or Nickle.
    2. 4 WR you can pick base D or Nickle or Dime.
    3. 5 WR base D or nickle or dime or quarter.

And if it is an obvious pass situation like 3rd and long or 2nd and very long I think you can get away with #2 regardless of offensive WR sets.

Other than that pick your base D.

22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I too will be changing defenses from my 4-2-5...(tear)

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA

Offense : Non existent...Michigan State
    Defense : 4-3

24. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon

Offense - Oregon
    Defense - 4-3

25. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy