Playbooks for '11

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Hokie Effect, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Playbooks for '11

I noticed that the playbooks seemed to be different. Oklahoma St playbook was my staple offense for '10, but that playbook is way different now. I did stumble on Wake's playbook. Has mutliple I and shotgun formations as well as the Wishbone. Several option plays from all sets. So 2 questions:

1. What other playbooks are worth checking out in '11?

2. Last year there was a program you could download to your computer that would search playbooks. Has anyone came across that for '11? I think it was posted on OS last year.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I know I got a program from Ncaastrategies.com
    Im sure someone will put it together, just be patient lol

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i love NC State's playbook...it's very versatile and has alot of pre-snap movement. Check it out if you get the chance.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Colorado has been good me so far. I have had alot of success with 3 WR sets under center since WR's arent left uncovered pre-snap as much and LB's have trouble covering the WR's. 3 WR sets show matchups real well or force your opponent to go Nickel, which opens up the run.

I have yet to find a playbook that works as well as Colorado's if you share this strategy.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Don't hold your breathe on that. The guy that did it last year isn't going to do it this year.

And EA hasn't released anything so I doubt there will be anything at all available, unless someone takes it upon themselves to do it.

6. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

If you like the power run game from oneback sets, give Boston College and Eastern Michigan a look, still haven't decided which one I plan on using full time.

7. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

FSU's pb finally looks like a fun pb. alot of spread/pro type offensive plays. Tons of bubble screens.

8. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Penn State's isn't too bad but still looking at different books.

9. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i kind of like TCU's playbook. haha, it's the only onw i have used, but it served me well. a lot of shotgun runs, which i think can be really helpful in a spread offense.

10. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

I am using Air Force just for the diversity. Can run the triple option, pro style/singleback, and spread all from one play book. With the right personnel (esp at QB) it can be deadly.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As was already stated, VG isn't doing his playbook search tool this year.

The guys over at thegamingtailgate.com made this spreadsheet which is pretty handy.

12. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i just looked at it, and that spreadsheet is very, very useful. thank you for sharing it!!

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll have to look at the spreadsheet when I get home. My work browser does not support Google docs and I'm not really supposed to download stuff onto HD.

14. birdman05

birdman05 Walk On

On NCAA 10 I was a huge fan of the Penn St. book but this year it is a little different so I've done a lot of searching and finally found a book with all of the plays from the PSU book with some other great formations.

I'm currently using the Florida Atlantic book. It has around 5 Ace formations including Ace Bunch, which I love. It also has several I Form formations. I love I Form Twins and this one has several option plays which I use a lot. It also has I Form Tackle Over which is a solid power running formation. It has several good shotgun sets including 5 wide if that fits your play style. Lastly it has Far Pro which is a split backs set with the QB under center.

Anyway, I'm loving this book so far and I would like to get someone else's thoughts on it.

15. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

In 10 I used ND's but with it now being spread I had to find a new book which I finally did.

Going with Miami's book with a nice balance of Ace, I and Shotgun.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I like the sound of that I may have to check it out.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Over on ncaastrategies.com slayer has started his playbook analysis He gave Miami a thumbs up. I am gonna have to try out that FAU playbook.

18. SC_Trojans121

SC_Trojans121 Walk On

Hey Maize you should check out Akrons book its just like ND from last year.I used it last year as well . This year I've been stuck between SC,Syracuse and Akron's books so hard to decide lol hope that helps

19. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I love playing with Ohio State's playbook.

Versatile from the gun.
    Versatile from under.

20. SDMDTSU

SDMDTSU Walk On

Syracuse and Stanford...very similar to my preferred playbook in Madden. I'll probably stick with them all season.