Playbooks Year 3

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Muttcope, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Playbooks Year 3

Nebraska

Offense: Northern Illinois
    Defense: Multiple

Is there a glitch if i remove a Redshirt off a guy this year? I just want to make sure if there is/is not one before i consider pulling the redshirt off my Freshman QB. Cody Green has went down in EVERY game i have played him. Two years ago he went down for a couple of weeks, last year it was 5 games, and last night he went down twice in the game. Just getting really frustrated with the injury crap. So just wondering if anybody has any info on pulling redshirts. KTHXBYE.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Missour:

Offense: Missouri
    Defense: 4-3

3. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Off: Baylor
    Def: 4-2-5

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Off: FSU
    Def: 4-2-5

5. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

USC Trojans

Offense: Cal

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Offense: Georgia Tech

7. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Offense: Balanced

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Virginia
    Offense: Utah State
    Defense: 3-4

looked really hard at Baylor.... then i saw Bogey has been using it, and i dont want to use the same playbook as someone else in the dynasty.... not sure why i am just weird like that...

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Copying this over from the scores thread.

----------

What does it take to get a playbook change? My attack was option based with a quick and big QB that could also kill you with his arm. Now, I have two guys who cannot run worth a lick that also can barely throw it. I am not positive I even want to change, but would losing EJ for the season (effectively) allow a playbook change?

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'll allow it this time, but in the future, consider your entire team when choosing a system.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas A&M:
    OFF: Boise State
    DEF: Multiple D

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fair enough, and like I said I'm not even sure I'll change it yet. Decision will be made before my next game (Texas Tech I believe).

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Okay, I originally forgot to add this, I'm going to ask that you not change your system so drastically that it no where resembles your previous offense. I'll allow a lateral movement to another playbook to account for an adjustment in personel. But going from an option to an open spread just isn't realistic.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah I agree, and that would not have been my intention. How would you feel about this type of move (again, hypothetical):

Our offense with EJ Manuel was Shotgun based, with lots of "QB choice" options and a few outside, but with good balance in the passing game. Reads were made at the LOS and audibles (within the same formation) were made accordingly. Now, with him out for 10 weeks, there are two YOUNG guys (RS-SO and RS-FR -- not sure who the starter will be yet) that won't be able to handle that kind of responsibility. Not to mention they aren't fast. Would moving to a playbook that has more under-center running options than just Ace and I sets be out of the question? There would still be Shotgun involved, both running and passing, but the option plays would be ALMOST completely nixed.

I'm definitely not looking to switch to the Pistol or the Triple Option from the previous offense, that would be silly.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think I would feel more comfortable with a move like that than just eliminating your running game completely by moving to a wide-open spread attack.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay cool -- with Fozzy Whitaker (transferred from Texas) and Jermaine Thomas in the backfield, I am going to have to find a way to get them both the ball and lean on them heavily. IF a move is made, it will be to add more running formations than going more pass heavy. I will keep whatever system I move to when EJ is able to return, also.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay, I'd like to switch to Tulane's offensive playbook. I'll stick with the 4-2-5 on D.

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Offensive - Ole Miss
    Defensive - 4-3

19. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

offense: virginia tech
    defense: 4-3

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

O:Georgia
    D:4-3