Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wyrmreaver, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I heard some rumbling that we may be forced to use certain playbooks. Regardless, a TSO member in another league put together this spreadsheet

https://traditionsportsonline.com/attachments/m16-playbook-eval-xlsx.38697/

It breaks down playbooks so you can easily see which ones have more short passes or zone runs or option plays etc.

We could also get some discussion going on here about playbooks in general, what guys want to use, what restrictions if any they would like to see on playbook selection etc.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wyrmreaver

I'd like to see little to no restrictions on PB selection to start the file. I think each user should have to announce their PB on offense and defense for the season before week 1 and then can only make changes in the off seasons thereafter.

3. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

The way it worked last year was you use your teams pb for season 1. Then, afterwards you can change in the off season, no custom playbooks.

I'm fine with doing it that way again, or I could get behind pick a playbook in s1. I'll probably use my teams book for s1 either way, so doesn't really matter to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wyrmreaver

I won't use JAX's playbooks, no option plays, relies too much on the deep ball, 4-3...... I'll literally just go on AP for the first season, I'm here to have fun, being forced to use a certain PB is not fun

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Meh, you need to persuade everyone else, not me. I just said I could live either way lol.

6. Wyrmreaver

I see why people are opposed to custom PBs, we used them in NCAA and it was cool..... If we were to allow them I think there would have to be rules in place about posting your playbook and not combining certain concepts...... If like to be able to take a playbook and just delete the shit I'll never use though

7. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I vote pick a Pb

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I vote if we do owner mode you must always keep the current coach playbook, don't like it, fire your coach...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I dislike this idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Just to elaborate more:

I don't think it's a good idea to limit a PB based on Coach I can hite/fire. I'm not that coach, I want to play the style I feel comfortable with or like the most.

This is still all about USER experience.

11. Wyrmreaver

For once I agree with Brian. :)

Forcing people to use certain playbooks damages the experience. The goal is not to make it as close to real life as possible it's to have a fun shared experience that is realistic

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I think we both agreed before. Especially about how awesome The Immaculate Reception Part Deux was.