Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Oct 20, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Playbooks

I have a suggestion for next season. I wsould like to have a couple of playbooks to use, or maybe even 3. I am bore out of my mind with the one I am using. I know it keeps people from changing up their style when they play user games but I just don,t want it to get boring. What do you guys think.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I guess I don't really care. I'll stick with my 1 playbook regardless as it's pretty freakin' badass.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Honestly, I feel this has more to do with the current settings than playbooks. Since this season started, the gameplay has been non entertaining. All the plays are the same. Hand it off and speed burst. There's no running behind your blockers or making reads. It's simply point and shoot.

Plays don't work like they should. Mainly because our line doesn't block like it should and allow plays to develop. I'm really starting to think that speed burst ruins this game. However, you have to use it because the D runs around like they've all got rockets up their asses.

I think I'd like to see us go to heisman difficulty and leave the sliders at default for next season. Just my opinion.

As for playbooks, I think having multiple ones leaves too much gray area for manipulation. I guess it's doable though.

4. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I understand changing playbooks after a season because you have new recruits and have to play to their abilities. But I like know what my opponent runs and looking at their stats to know what they like to do. (no that I've had much luck in h2h games!)

My fear is this...someone runs a wishbone against cpu then plays with Texas Tech playbook h2h. You might jump out 14-0 on someone because the D thought they were a running team.

Gator might be right about Heisman...we still haven't had many cpu upsets.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would enjoy playbook freedom

Which playbook I use is usually determined by my personel. I have 5 or so playbooks I like and they all have different strengths. I would enjoy being able to change playbooks during the year, I am always looking for something new to try.

How much I run or pass changes from game to game, especially against users. I just take what the defense gives me. It usually depends on the DB to WR ratio. I doubt my game stats against the computer will be very telling as to what I do in a user game. Additionally, if the computer is not competitive I would run more than I would if the game was close.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Based on what killajo wrote I think I should clarify my position. I had assumed that if you were allowed more than 1 playbook that they'd at least be similar (Miss. St and Auburn, ND and UNC) and nothing extreme like GT and TTU. If there are no restrictions and someone can really choose 2 an AF playbook with a Hawaii playbook, then I think I would also prefer to have just the 1 playbook per season like we've done in the past.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Jello, that's how it is now. We have our team specific playbook and the same type of generic playbook in case you want to go with something slightly different for a game. I think you may have been confused about that before.

I agree with Jello, we shouldn't be able to go from wishbone to spread in one week.

Maybe it could work where we just announced what our primary type of offense was. For instance, UF would be spread, UNC would be balanced/pro style, you could have one back, or triple option/flex bone. Then you could use whatever playbook you wanted so long as it fit that style offense and that's how you utilized it.

8. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

I'm all for providing some freedom here too as long as there is some control or guidlines. I mean, college coaches adjust their schemes on a week to week basis, so why shouldn't we be able to? But like others have mentioned, we need to keep it under control somehow. I thinking allowing multiple playbooks that adhere to an overall "style" might work. Perhaps if we all committed to a "style" and selected 3-4 playbooks at the start of the year may be a good compromise.

As for the switch to Heisman, I must say I'm not a fan of that. Not because I cannot beat the CPU on Heisman, I just feel that the play on All-American is more realistic. The super-zoom CBs and ridiculous comeback AI turns me off to Heisman. If we need more of a challenge against the CPU, let's hit the lab and adjust our current sliders to make AA tougher. But I gotta say, these are some of the better sliders I've played. Don't forget guys, not only do we all have pretty damn good teams, but we're all playa's too. :)