Player Engineering/Squad Formation

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by RadarRider, Feb 19, 2013.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Jon MK
    MoonBBad
    Kasper
    Leander Francisco
    Danthraxxx
    Gravity
    Shaun Mason
    Drifterbub
    Timpegoose
    JFace907
    fuzzyl0gic
    MartyWebb
    niuhuskie224
    Roggie
    sawemoff
    abolishthefed
    Colemanchu
    hammerhead1010
    RadarRider
    nellycuz
    Cheez
    eheskey11
    Selvy9
    shootah66
    RynoAid
    The Richuation
    DaMeffodMan
    Nvschultz1325
    ConiglioSG

FC Tradition-

Roughly four-five weeks ago we put in place 3 elected managers to help improve our club and increases our wins. I understand that there are several others happenings/commitments on the site, let alone what goes on in our every-day lives. With said, little-to-nothing has happen.

The Following are question/concerns/food-for-thought for managers and club member to conisider:

Formation: What formation(s) is that we want to run? Personally, I believe our current formation is not working. We have asked our strikers to play 6ft-6ft 3, in order to setup the header from the cross. Issue: we do not penetrate the sidelines or it seems that guys are hesitant to send the cross, because it may not work (you miss 100% of the shots you do not take)

Putting the ball in the box, is about more than just trying to strike for goal. A cross in the box can resort in other opportunities to score: Card, Free Kick, Penalty kick, volly, etc. Our current formation 4-2-3-1, has our mids playing too far back and the CAM never wants to swing out to setup the cross. by the time our Mids get the sidelines or up field, the other team has already put 6-7 guys back.

I have said it before, I'll say it again, we should try 4-2-1-3. It allows for the D-mid(s) to push the ball forward, and by having the L/RWers and the CAM we can setup the cross for the headers and create a swing to help get the defense out of position.

Player Engineering: We have a great opportunity to edit our players to fit our system. In REAL life I am 5ft8 127 lbs, I am playing 6ft 3 181. We all know that height and weight have an effect on players and have a huge impact in what position a player should play. I believe that once we figure out what formation(s) we want to run, the next move is to figure out the tangible qualities needed at each position, to create the most effective team.

Club or Clubs?: Are we splitting the team in two? Will it be Team A Team B? Major and Minor?

Overall: I think it would be nice to get updates from our managers as to what is happening. Again, I know people are busy and have other commitments and it would be nice to have a successful club; we have the talent and intelligence to get it done, so lets do it.

ONE LAST THOUGHT: At one point we were at Division 5-4 Futball Club...where are we now?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    huh.gif

This will be the reaction of the managers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Yeah that won't be my reaction. My reaction is I'm glad there are players out there concerned enough with what's going on in the club to want to start a thread like this as opposed to being players who just show up and play.

Jon MK and I have been talking a lot behind the scenes about this stuff and to be honest, we're still trying to work out out. Thanks for the kick in the pants that we probably have needed and I will make sure, per Jon's ability, we address all your points ASAP and get something hammered out.

• Like Like x 4
  4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I would agree with looking at formation. We may need to have 2 strikers up there to create more chances. There are times we labor to get shots off. Having two strikers up top to spread the defense may help create more chances.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I don't know shit about formations but I think we should give something else a try for a few weeks, maybe it can help us expand our vision & make more unique runs or something

6. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

This.

It's hard to say where we want to go when we have some with a lot of knowledge, some with none, and some who exclusively only play clubs. But this is why I made my previous thread a few weeks back for guys to focus on, thanks for asking all the questions to the guys.

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

We whooped ass with that new formation.

8. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

From the very few matches that i've played, i'm not entirely sure that formation is the issue. In saying that, I do like the idea of a the 4-2-1-3 formation. If you really want to get crosses in, you could probably try the 4-3-3 formation that is pretty much the same, only difference being instead of an RF/LF and ST, you have an RW/LW and ST.

Personally i just think that cohesion needs to be sorted. More talking. I'm not the chatty type but when i'm playing, i dont even have a clue who's who. Can GT's be displayed about the heads of our players like in H2H?

Also, there could probably be more movement so that players are open for the pass; and better passing. I'd love to see a manual club in the works.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Honestly, if we're playing with 10 or 11 people, the formation doesn't mean a damn thing other than where we start at kickoff. In clubs with 10 people there's really no difference between any of the variations of 4-5-1, 4-4-2, and 4-3-3, so I think we just need to pick from one of those basic 3 formations, and adjust based on situation. 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-1-3 are both variations of a 4-5-1, and we can switch between the two on our own as long as well have everything but the defense under user control. Down 2-0 in the 2nd half? Have the wingers play more attacking and higher up the pitch, boom 4-2-1-3. Up 2-0 late in the game? Have the wingers play more defensively and help out the fullbacks. There's your 4-2-3-1. Just my 2 cents. I think we put too much emphasis on what variation of a 4-5-1 we want to run, and not enough emphasis on where we need players to be in certain situations.

10. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

I agree. We just need to go out and play soccer, I think everyone is waiting for a secret formula. We just need to play and play well together.

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Lets play tonight. I will be home in 15. Want to round up the troops?

12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Ill be on

13. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Here here!!!