Player Evaluations

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Xbox One Clubs
    RynoAid
    Drifterbub
    Danthraxxx

I think it is human nature to think you are better than you are at things. I'm not sure anyone can objectively evaluate their OWN performance at anything. Sometimes when we are confronted with opinion that we aren't as good as we "think" we are, there is potential for conflict and taking that opinion personally.

So, I think it will be useful for each member to grade each other's ABILITY on a scale of 1-10. Please be honest but fair while evaluating each member. I realize people are better at certain positions, but try to distill your opinion to their overall skill level.

This will help everyone understand the perception of their ability.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

my issue is not that I think I am better than anybody that was selected.. it's that there are open spots on the squad and the CPU is filling them when you have members.. owners even... that want to play.

I don't get as much time to play as most of the younger guys.. job, family, coaching and life in general pulls me to responsibility instead of entertainment. Then to be told, when i actually have time, that no, you can't play tonight..... that bothers me .

• Like Like x 4
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I appreciate the attempt here Shaun but guys will evaluate based on what ever criteria that suits there own wants. Maybe this will help you guys in the future but I don't you will need it. Long as EK shows up anyway :)

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Good to see people took this seriously handing out 1's etc.... yeesh

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's what happens when you let fuzzy in a thread. I deleted his response.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is that a fancy way to say you won't accept that the consensus has a different opinion on your ability?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Which I completely agree with Ryno- it is the very essence of TSO that you are addressing. My question is, and it is simply just a question as I am not sure of the answer, would you rather play RB with the "other team" than play CAM or RM or something on offense with the "main" squad (which was playing at the same time).

Now, from my understanding most people on that "main" squad got offline once we went to the "other" team, which is unfortunate but something I hope doesn't happen often so everyone can play on that night.

Also, for the record I don't know what to call it other than the "main" and "other" squad... but I don't like calling it that because they consist of the same people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Be careful , he may kick all of our asses !

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

No I would expect that , but from my perspective if the man making the lineups things I am the 7th best mid when a guy he trotted out there is probably one of our worst mid's then I'm fighting a brick wall. Hence why I didn't bother filling this out for anybody.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    In your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Stats don't lie

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You can't take lifetime stats as an indicator of talent.

If you could segment by games (1-20, 20-40, etc) you would see that you playing more with a good pro skews your averages higher.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Who do you think that is, honestly? Keller?

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Stats do lie. If you play with better players around you, you'll do better. You play with worse players, you'll do worse. You play more, you will have better stats.

PLUS there is much more to the game than box score stats.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

your question is confusing me.

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok I voted

17. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

To the stats lie point. Dan you've even said it yourself, EK has been finishing like a monster. So the more balls you get to him, the more assists you'll rack up. So if you're only playing with EK you might look like you have way more assists then saying I was a forward and you were serving the ball into me. I can't finish for a lick.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Would you rather play RB than CAM or some mid just to play on the "other" team?

Realistically, both "teams" should be running on those set nights.. its just a matter of who is with who.

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I've played the most games by far of anyone , some of them with no hope of winning. So stats only matter when they help prove the point you were looking to prove , makes sense.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Kenny got the finishing genes... you got every other skill (passing) :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
  21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i still don't get it.. are you asking me if I would rather play RB on the new squad or CAM on the main squad? If so, i don't care.. i want to play with people who like to play with me and vice versa... not people who are grading every touch i make and have this level of expectation that i can't fulfill because of my other obligations.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah you got it- I was just curious.

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I've played a low % of matches with EK than everybody else just BJ default with the massive amount of matches I've played.

However before I quit I still averaged an assist every 6.2 matches , Drifter was 6.27.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

There are a ton of variables to that stat.

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Perceptions of some are still way off from the truth of what this actually is.

Shaun - when you are done I would like to normalize the results and get a better feel for where everyone stands.