Player File Issue: Kevin Geer

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Jul 29, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    It has been brought to my attention that there has been some concern over the validity of the development of SP Kevin Geer. After reviewing an old league file it was determined that some of Geer’s intangibles had been corrupted. It was confirmed from an OOTP Developer that these changes can only be caused by a corrupt player file or through the player editor.

To be transparent as possible, the following are the findings of the scan of the league file:

Out of 23,000 players in the players database (including retired players) only 3 have ever had any change to personality traits:
    • Dyer improved greed by +10 and loyalty by +85.
    • Marcos Fontanez improved leadership by +10.
    • Geer improved in 4 categories while the other was already maxed out (+84 (intelligence), +11 (loyalty), +156 (play for winner) and +66 (work Ethic)).
    Additionally, out of 9,000 active players only one has had any improvement on overall proneness and based on research from forums and a conversation with the game developers it is impossible for it to get better (only worse).
    • Geer improved all proneness factors and overall by +69 points.

I want to assure you, I have not nor will I ever use the player editor. My concern is and always has been for the well being and success of the league. I would never do anything to jeopardize what we’ve built together for my own gain.

However, I have no interest in having a player that is corrupted and has been developed unfairly in the game. That being said, I’m retiring Kevin Geer, effectively immediately. We will also be doing biannual checks of the file to ensure its integrity and removing any other players that may become corrupted.

I hope this incident does not smear my reputation as a commissioner. Again, my first priority always has been and will be the well being and success of the league. I’ve dedicated and sacrificed a large majority of my time to ensure its success and I thoroughly enjoy each and every one of you in this league. I would never do anything that would potentially ruin what we’ve built.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please direct them towards Drifterbub.

The Dugout

• Like Like x 5
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Well if you EVER decide to use the player editor, the Dodgers would greatly appreciate it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Peace out Richard Gere. We all know NT wouldn't waste a move like this on a ho bag wannabe. Proof of the corrupt file:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Kudos NT. Thanks for looking out

• Like Like x 1