Player leaving

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by charter04, Dec 21, 2012.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I look for the thread and couldn't find it. Are we able to talk any guys into staying or did we decide to limit it?
    bravejaf

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't remember if a decision was ever made. I know we discussed a couple options.

1. Limit based on projected draft spot

2. Limit based on player's overall rating

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I would rather it be overall. I've seen 5'8 195lb RB's that are 95 overall not even be projected to be drafted. Then some 90+ players will be projected too low. Like 2 or third round. I say do like 90-99 overall. Some where in there. If they are going pro they have to leave. 95 maybe. I would be fine with 90+. That's more real life

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think 90+ is a good cap. Does anyone see a problem with instituting this rule, effective this offseason?

Mogriffjr
    Cgreen214
    GMONEY 15
    Twister18
    larrylance
    Hokie Effect

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm guessing that excludes kickers and punters? We can always talk them into staying right?

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good point, kickers and punters can be swayed back no matter their ranking. I think the restriction also needs to include players winning major awards. Those players should not be swayed back, no matter the players overall ranking.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am all for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Im down for whatever, but just to clear things up its only 90 and above going pro right? players transfering or leaving for other reasons can be talked back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

If you have players winning any awards that are underclassmen that want to go pro and you have to let them because you havent counted on them going wouldnt that change your team if you just recruit what the team needs instead of like most do on here and just recruit the most that we can get? just asking
    I dont care how we do it I just like playing the games

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's why you have the extra three players. You just have to keep an eye on those guys. They have to be a JR or RS(SO) to go pro anyway.

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I think this will also stop us from RSing guys as true freshman if they're star players. I think this will make everything closer to real life as far as this goes

• Like Like x 1
  12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I always recruit a few extra players above my limit in case there are any early departures. You can recruit beyond your limits just don't offer scholarships and remove all players in week 1 offseason if no extra scholarships.

The first offseason I lost 7 unexpected freshmen transfers so couldn't fill all my scholarships that year.

13. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

Im just want to know why we all recruit so many players above 3 stars when we cant use them al unless we cut some that we already have myself i just get what s needed and maybe three more from what i see on my roster to be safe. I believe by recruiting all these players were hindering the cpu and the other players by taking them off the board if we are just getting them for the hell of it and cutting them at start of preseason

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012