Player of the Year - by Conference

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Player of the Year - by Conference

What do you guys think of running a poll at the end of every year to select conference POTY? I don't think the game does this now, does it? Anyway, it might give us something to do during the off-seasons. Commish picks a few names, puts a poll up in the forums, and announces the winner, which we will then track. I have a place for it.

What do you guys think?

AG

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

It sounds like a good idea. We could even make offensive and defensive players of the year. We could even throw in freshman of the year. It will really add to people being more involved since the offseason can be a drag. I'm hoping though that in this league we will be able to get everyone together and smash the offseason in one night.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I like the idea, as long as we're voting for the true PotY and not the "user" PotY".

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Everyone votes how they like, but I think the E-League guys will stay sim about it.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I like the idea, and you know I like this stuff since I tried to start a weekly OFFL Coaches Poll that no one latched onto. Chances are that the PotY will be a user every year, but because the player deserves it not JUST because.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

You can almost guarantee the computer won't put up numbers to keep up with the user controlled players.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

But our goal will be to see that they do. We'll keep tweaking until the CPU is right there with us.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I can understand that. But then again, according to EA, the comp makes changes to challenge your playing style. Maybe we won't have to do to much tweaking...such a cool word TWEAKING.:D

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Another good idea here, I'll start with my preseason top 10
    1. Miami
    2.Georgia Tech (Jmill)
    3.Virginia Tech
    4.Colorado (Hitman)
    5.UCF
    6.Clemson
    7.Wake Forest
    8.Virginia
    9.North Carolina
    10.South Florida

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

What kind of TOP 10 is this? Coaches, top 10 before the season, what am I looking at?

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You are looking at the ten best teams in the country, in my opinion. I know there is a couple sleepers in there but no doubt these are the ten toughest teams in the country.

12. jello1717

I really hope this won't be the case. In my offline dynasties, without taking advantage of the CPU, I'm able to keep realistic stats (where I can). In the 11 years of my offline dynasty I have won:
    • Almost every single Thorpe award. Nothing I can do here. I never user pick, have my swats turned all the way up and my INTs turned all the way down and my DBs drop about 5 passes for every one they catch, but, even on Heisman, the CPU QB throws way too many picks.
    • 2 Heismans (1 with a RB, and 1 with a WR). This is still kind of high, but 2 in 11 years certainly isn't over the top.
    • 2 defensive PotY, and it was with 2 ridiculous corners what picked off everything.
    • 0 lineman awards, but this is due to the huge over correction that EA did to fix NCAA '08 where users would win every lineman award.
    • 1 QB of the year.
    • 1 WR of the year (my Heisman winner)
    • 2 RB of the year.
    • Most kicker/punter of the years.
    • 2 returner of the year. This is only because I don't allow myself to control the returners or I'd end up with 4+ KR/PR for TD per year.

I think that as long as we don't abuse the game, then the PotY have just as much of a chance to come from the CPU as they do from users.

13. jello1717

What kind of screwy top 10 list wouldn't start with Florida as #1, let alone wouldn't even have Florida in there at all?!?

14. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Glad to see I wasn't the only one missing a fact such as this. Not to mention my Noles.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! It's every team one my schedule except Duke, I guess we all have a little Steve Spurrier in us after all.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Haha I thought you were joking, I just couldn't be sure. Well played.