Player Position Change Rule - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Player Position Change Rule - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Ok here it is.This is EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE POST ANY CHANGE REQUESTS ASAP!!!!

This is a condensed version of the idea Scikotic proposed in the main forum a couple of days ago. I will head up the Position Change Approval team and Scikotic will back me up. Scikotic will be in charge of doing the research & approving or denying requests. I will be there to oversee and report back to the board on any issues.

Offensive Dept Chart Changes:

QB can only be played by a QB
    HB can only be played by a HB
    FB can only be played by a FB & TE
    TE can only be played by a TE & FB
    WR can only be played by a WR & TE
    T can only be played by a T
    G can only be played by a G & C
    C can only be played by a C & G

**This changes can be made freely and do not require approval, as long as they meet the criteria.**

Requirements for Defensive Position Changes:

**Any players in Madden already slated into these positions that do not meet the minimums are exempt. If you aren't sure what scheme your team originally runs, I will post at the bottom for all to see. **

3-4 DE(via DT only) - At least 280 LBS, Max Speed = 70, Max Accel = 87, Minimum Strength at least 87

4-3 DE(via OLB only) - At least 255 LBS but at most 280 LBS, Max Speed = 85, Strength at least 76

3-4 OLB(via DE only) - At least 255 LBS but at most 280 LBS, Max Speed = 86, Strength at least 76

4-3 OLB(via MLB/ILB or DE) - At least 225 LBS but at most 255 LBS, Max Speed = 89, Max Accel = 93, Strength at least 70

4-3 MLB(via OLB) - Between 230-255 Lbs, Maximum speed = 88

3-4 MLB(via OLB) - Between 240-260 lbs, Maximum speed = 86

3-4 DT (via DE only) - At least 300 LBS, Max Speed = 64, No Max Accel, Strength at least 91

4-3 DT (via DE only) - At least 280 LBS, Max Speed = 71, No Max Accel, Strength at least 88

SS(via FS) - Maximum Speed = 88; (via CB) Maximum speed = 88, Minimum age = 30

FS(via SS) - Maximum Speed = 93; (via CB) Maximum speed = 93, Minimum age = 30

CB(via SS/FS) - Minimum Speed = 87, AVERAGE Man Cover + Zone Cover at least = 70

** In game FORMATION SUBS using R2 at play selection screen is still ALLOWED. Please use this in correct situations only.**
    EXCEPTION: HB at FB is BANNED in any situation.

**Pertaining to ONLY the Secondary, you may play your #2 FS or #2 SS as your #4 or lower CB in the depth chart WITHOUT board approval.**

1) Once a player switches positions, he may not switch back unless he is traded.

2) Once a player switches positions, he assumes the #1 depth modifier of the new postion. The player that had the #1 depth modifier of that position before the position change keeps the #1 depth modifier. The player that assumes the role of the vacated position of the player changing positions will also assume the #1 depth modifier in his new role. So basically, if you move an OLB to RDE you will be playing two players a #1 modifier at RDE.

3) If a players overall increases at new position, his salary will INCREASE to match his new overall per our salary cap. The new overall will be verified by the position change team. If his overall decreases in the new position his salary remains the SAME as the old position. A players salary will NEVER decrease in a Position Change.

4)All position changes must be declared before the start of the season, or in the instance of a mid-season acquisition, before the newly acquired player sees the field on his new team. A position change is declared, by posting in the newly formed Position Change Thread. PLEASE DO THIS ASAP as you have only two days to do this for Year 1.

5) You CANNOT play a player in new position until position change teams has given approval and you have posted change in your Team Front Office thread and the cap team has signed off.

**Once a players position is changed and he becomes permanently changed in cap book his is eligible to play his new position PLUS his default position.
    Ex.
    I swap my OLB to DE and it gets approved, he can now play DE and OLB but his salary still remains the higher of the two plus he will still carry the #1 modifier at his new position.**

**Use this as a reference to what positions your players are currently slated to play. If you play on a 3-4 team, all your players at their slated positions are solely for that of a 3-4 defense and must seek position changes if you wish to go to a 4-3, and vice versa. Teams can announce a scheme change from 4-3 to 3-4 and the necessary changes will be made.**

4-3 Teams:
    Chicago Bears
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Indianapolis Colts
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Atlanta Falcons
    New York Giants
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions
    Carolina Panthers
    OakLand Raiders
    St. Louis Rams
    New Orleans Saints
    Seattle Seahawks
    Houston Texans
    Tennessee Titans
    Minnesota Vikings

3-4 Teams:
    Buffalo Bills
    Denver Broncos
    Cleveland Browns
    Arizona Cardinals
    San Diego Chargers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Dallas Cowboys
    Miami Dolphins
    San Francisco 49ers
    New York Jets
    Green Bay Packers
    New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens
    Washington Redskins
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Example: NY Jets have requested a position change for OLB Jason Taylor to be allowed to play DE. Taylor fits all required prerequisites for Speed & Strength, so the request is approved. Below is the effect on the Jets cap book.

Depth Chart Before position change:

LOLB
    Jason Taylor-82ovr- #1 Modifier of 3
    Bryan Thomas-77ovr- #2 Modifier of 1

LE
    Shaun Ellis-86ovr- #1 Modifier of 3
    Vernon Gholston-75ovr- #2 Modifier of 1

RE
    Mike DeVito-69ovr- #1 Modifier of 3

After Position Change:

LOLB
    Bryan Thomas-77ovr-now moves up to take Taylors vacated spot. He gets a raise as his modifier goes from 1 to 3.

LE
    Shaun Ellis-86ovr- #1 Modifier of 3
    Vernon Gholston-75ovr- #2 Modifier of 1

RE
    Jason Taylor-96ovr- In his new position Taylor's overall went up to 96 so his salary will increase. He will also carry the #1 DE modifier which is 3.
    Mike DeVito-69ovr-Devito is now bumped to #2 on depth chart but his salary and modifier DO NOT decrease. He is paid the same.

So bascially, this move is costing the Jets roughly 6 million dollars. Big price to pay. Taylor is now a DE for the remainder of his time with the Jets. His position cannot be changed back to OLB to save money. He can only be cut.Taylor IS ALLOWED to play OLB in his teams base defense as that is his default position. He is NOT ALLOWED to play OLB in a base 4-3 defense..

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

So If I want to play in my depth chart my back up or 3rd string Fs as a SS or a CB then they have to meet those requirements? Or is that only for if I want to make that his position full time? What I am asking is only full time position players can play those positions? So if there is 5 cb slots, we are required to carry 5 cbs? 3 fs spots, 3 ss spots and so on?

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Since we don't allow position changes unless you acquire a player via trade or FA, all schemes must be declared before the season. If you don't declare one, you must run the scheme your team originally is prepared to play.

Here is where it gets tricky. Pay Attention. If you must run a multiple front D (3-4, 46, 4-4, etc) you MUST declare what your base is for cap purposes. If you run a 3-4 and want to run some out of the 46, you must have the personnel to do so. You would need to clear with us the ability to run certain players at the positions (all based on the attributes listed in the original post)

For example:

If you have a 3-4 DE that also fits the attibutes for a DT in the 46(all 4 man front requirements are the same), he may be used in that position only for 4 man fronts. However, the declared base defense is a 3-4, so he will be payed as a 3-4 DE. To sum up, granted this 3-4 DE fits the 46(or 4-3) DT requirements, he can only play 3-4 DE, and 4 man front DT.

Every team must have a base Defense, regardless if they run 3-4, 4-3, 4-4, or any combination of 2 or more.

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If you have to play a backup at a different position due to something like injury, they must meet the requirements. If you have no one to use, then you must find someone via FA or trade.

These are position requirements for full time players, or players meant to start and play the majority of a game at that position. This has nothing to do with package subs. I would suggest package subs be used sparingly(10-15% of snaps), because any more than that, owners can use a player out of position and pretty much get around the system that is established.

Does this answer your concerns?

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Furthermore, I will be PMing all owners of the league to notify you of your default base Defense. If you wish to change it, you need to do so before Friday and we will address all changes.

Jeremy and I promise a quick turnaround for position swaps. It's your job to get them in.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Rule Updated.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

sorry, but this is way over my head and too confusing. can i just play?

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Heck yea. If you don't change your scheme to 3-4 you have nothing to worry about.

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

read and signed

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Es bueno

12. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

can u move a outside LB to MLB?

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am talking to Jeremy, but the Jags default playbook is not 4-3 this year. It is multiple. We need to fit this rule to my multiple playbook.

14. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

makes sense. Good Job.

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Multiple Scheme Defenses.

You may play players in a different position for two different schemes, if you want to run more than just one for a base defense. Say you have a OLB in the 3-4, but when you switch to the 4-3 or the 46, you want him at DE. Now you can do this, but you have to pay a price for it. Make sure to check to see if his measurables and attributes match up to the position you are trying to fit him in. You take whichever position is higher OVR for him, and apply that OVR to your capbook. That way the league isn't getting skimped and now you have the freedom to move him between the two positions depending on what scheme you will run because you will be paying the top end price for him. The #1 depth modifier is automatically applied and effects the vacated position as well.

Move your players around carefully, I already sacrificed a few players just to save money.

Win, get at me or Jeremy so we can help you with this and get the cap books corrected as Dual Position requests come in.

I am the first one to do this, so please check this link to see my capbook and how it was impacted. For those of you wishing to run multiple positions with a player, by allowing Jason Taylor to run both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE, it just cost me $6,650,000. My cap is tight now.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=293948&postcount=6

16. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

So whats going on with this? I think the chart has changed per Nates post about cap/FA/rules/position changes. Do I still need to make submissions to you guys?