Player progression problem

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 1, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Player progression problem

I'm sure you've probably all heard about how players progress too much in this game. I just simmed a couple of seasons so I could see how much I need to limit my recruiting classes for my offline dynasty.

After only 2 seasons, there were 19 A+ teams in the game. I think that most of the people complaining about this over on OS are complaining because it makes too many good teams for their offline dynasties. I'm worried about the progression in our ODs however. This was only after 2 seasons, so these A+ teams weren't that way because of how they recruit, but because of how the people on the starting rosters progressed. Of our 12 teams, Army was a C overall. Every single one of our other 12 teams, from Florida down to Wisconsin, were A+ overall.

This means that there were "only" 8 A+ teams outside of our league while we all had an A+ team so this will be the same problem that we're all afraid of if we recruit too well. Maybe if we have poor recruiting classes, 5 years down the road things will work themselves out, but that means that we'll likely have 3 or 4 seasons where we all have an A+ team.

I'm not sure how to fix this. The only thing I can think of would be to not allow us to talk anyone into staying, but even that may not matter much.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

After reading about this on OS, I'm not sure there's much we can do, really.

Silver lining? Should be some good CPU competition if we can get the sliders right. :D

3. jello1717

I would agree with this is if we all had some B+ -> A teams going against A+ CPU teams, but instead it'll mostly be our A+ teams going up against less than A+ CPU teams.

4. Razcalking1978

From what I've read, it's every team, not just user teams. If every 4-star team is going to be A+, there's dozens of those. So everyone relevant will be A+, I would think.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I read something about this and hoped it was overblown / not true because it seems unbelievable to me that EA could have screwed something like that up.

Hopefully it's something that's being worked on for the 2nd patch. Anyone read anything about potential for a fix?

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I actually am not "mad" about this at all! Think about it -- last year, there was NO (ZERO [0]) CPU competition down the road. This is a complete 180 from that, and as a true sim guy, this is something I really welcome: a challenge from the CPU!

7. jello1717

You're the second one to say that, but that's not how I see it at all. I think there'll be much less of a challenge since all of our teams will be completely stacked.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

My guess is that there will be more CPU competition, but it would really dilute the importance of recruiting if an 85 Freshman and a 78 Freshman are both going to end up 99's in 4 years.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    The problem is just with the current players...new players (recruits) are not as bad.

Haha, everyone else is an A+ and I am excited to be a freakin C.

10. Razcalking1978

How would our teams be more stacked than all the 4-6 star CPU teams?

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The thing is that we won't be getting 5 years of recruiting in.

12. jello1717

This is going on the assumption that the progression will be fairly even which I think would be a decent assumption in the best case scenario. Progression is supposed to be better for higher prestige teams so it's very likely that our players will progress even more so than the 4 and 5* prestige teams.

I think what you're missing is the fact that all 99 OVR teams are not created equally. I don't know how they come up with their ratings, but I'm sure we can all agree that to have a 99 OVR team you don't need to have all of your individual players to be rated 99. I'll just use an example of starters averaging 90 OVR for a team to be rated 99 OVR.

In this example, let's say we have Florida starting now with everyone rated 90 OVR average so that their team's rating is 99 OVR. :4stars: prestige Baylor has a player average of 80 OVR which equates to a team rating of 90 OVR. In 2 years, all players increase by 10 points. Thus Bayor's players are now an average of 90 which means their team is now a 99 OVR. Florida, which started at 99 OVR has had all of their players increase by 10 points so now the average of their starters is 99 OVR.

Florida's team 2 years from now is rated at 99 OVR and Baylor's team is rated as 99 OVR. These two teams, however, are not even close to equal as the average starter for Baylor is rated a 90 while the average Florida player is a 99 OVR.

That took me a while to get to the point, but hopefully you see what I mean. Just because a :4stars: team is rated 99 OVR in 2 years does not mean that they are as good as a Florida team that is rated the same 99 OVR.