Player Rating Increases and what affects it?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by The Rifleman, Jul 31, 2012.

1. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Walk On

Hello All,

My buddy and I are running a 1 star league with Texas State and UTSA. We would like to know what affects player rating increases and what we can expect from our schools. Should we expect mostly 1 to 2 point increases or should we expect larger increases?

Also, anyone know how many wins it takes to move up from a 1 star school to a 6 star? I thought I saw somewhere on the internet last year that said to go from 1 to 2 star it takes 4 wins, 2 to 3 it takes 6, etc. (those are just random guesses).

Thanks,

Rifledude

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1. You can only progress one star of prestige per season.
    2. The player progression formula is not known, but school prestige is a factor.

3. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Has anyone either tracked, or gained an impression, of whether a "gem" or a "bust" continue to progress more or less than would be expected?

If I am targeting a "bust" that still comes in at 70 (-6) OVR as a freshman, I will still want him, but maybe not so much if his progression is also halted.

4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

From the testing I have done, it seems like progression of lesser schools and bigger schools is fairly even. A bigger program may have a few more 4+ OVR improvements, but a 1-star can still expect about a 3 OVR improvement on average with the occassional 4-6 OVR improvement.

5. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I did not see any difference in a few years worth of offline dynasty I played through. I looked for that, but the progression seemed to be fairly consistent within a team and the gems and busts looked like they progressed the same.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

My impressions seem to be that Coach Prestige affects progession more than anything. So when you switch from coordinator to head coach, your next year progression dips a bit. At least that has been my experience.

7. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I heard that it was supposed to work that way but have not seen that in practice. All coaches, programs, prestige levels seem to have reasonably similar progression.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is 3-4 years old, but it's been accurate up through NCAA '12. I have no reason to believe it's different for '13 but have no confirmation.

1-Star: If your final rank is better than 80th, you have a chance to move up.

2-Star: If your team has a bowl bid or finishes with a final ranking better than 60th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish worse than 100th, you have a chance to move down.

3-Star:If you finish better than 40th, you have a chance to move up. If your team finishes worse than 75th, you have a chance to move down.

4-Star: If your team has won a BCS bowl or finishes better than 20th, you have a chance to move up. If you miss a bowl or finish worse than 50th, you have a chance to move down.

5-Star: If your team has won the national championship or finishes with a final ranking better than 5th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish with a final ranking worse than 25th, you have a chance to move down.

6-Star: If you finish with a final ranking worse than 15th or win less than 8 games you have a chance to move down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Thanks, this is what I was wondering, thanks for your feedback.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This leads me to believe that school prestige is a large factor in player progression.

[​IMG]

11. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

that is a very interesting find jello.

12. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Walk On

Thanks for all the feedback especially Jello that's exactly the information I wanted. Also, I knew that you can only increase one star per year. :)