Player Spotlight '13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jul 16, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Saturday Heroes
    NCAA '13

This thread will be dedicated to players who go above and beyond on the gridiron and for those who aren't playing to their potential.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. controllerabuser

RAY GRAHAM
    PITTSBURGH HB #1
    [​IMG]
    Ray, many considered you a Heisman hopeful before the season started. In 3 games you haven't broken over 100 yards. How are you dealing with this and what do you need to do in order to improve?
    We know you are probably busy but what have you gathered about the Tennessee defense from watching tapes?
    Give us a prediction on how the rest of the season finishes up and where you will be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. controllerabuser

LATROY PITTMAN
    FLORIDA WR #13
    [​IMG]
    Through 3 games you have put up 327 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns as a true freshman! Holy hell sir, what has gotten into you?
    Some are calling you the next Percy Harvin, what do you think of that?
    Usually it takes a quarterback and receiver some time before they can develop chemistry. With Jacoby Brisset being a sophomore and you a year younger, what and how has made your relationship on the field so good?

Do you think you can keep up this kind of pace against hard hitting and fast SEC defenses?

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LATROY PITTMAN
    FLORIDA WR #13
    [​IMG]
    Through 3 games you have put up 327 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns as a true freshman! Holy hell sir, what has gotten into you?
    I just came in with the mentality that I gotta eat. I 'm hungry. When Urban Meyer recruited and offered me a scholarship to Florida he said its not a marathon its a sprint. He's gone now, but I will always remember that. So I knew I had to come in day one and get the job done.
    Some are calling you the next Percy Harvin, what do you think of that?
    Man, that's not me. I'm just trying to be the best TP that I can be.​
    Usually it takes a quarterback and receiver some time before they can develop chemistry. With Jacoby Brisset being a sophomore and you a year younger, what and how has made your relationship on the field so good?
    Like I have always said Jacoby gets tired of me probably asking him to watch film with me and go out and throw. I enrolled early so I have a Spring Practice under my belt. Jacoby trusts me because I showed everyone from the day I got here that I won't back down and I will make plays.

Do you think you can keep up this kind of pace against hard hitting and fast SEC defenses?
    Time will tell but I fear no man, run tell that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

RAY GRAHAM
    PITTSBURGH HB #1
    [​IMG]
    Ray, many considered you a Heisman hopeful before the season started. In 3 games you haven't broken over 100 yards. How are you dealing with this and what do you need to do in order to improve?
    To be honest I would put the blame on our O-line there really is not many holes for me. We are not really dealing with this well because the run game is the KEY to our whole offense.
    We know you are probably busy but what have you gathered about the Tennessee defense from watching tapes?
    I am always watching tape on our oppositions we are just hoping the O-line and I can find it and if we do who knows what can happen.
    Give us a prediction on how the rest of the season finishes up and where you will be.
    With our poor start to the season we look to turn it around on both sides of the ball and get to some type of a bowl game so we can be showcased to all our recruits.

• Like Like x 3
  6. controllerabuser

Jonathan Willard
    Clemson ROLB #46
    BG
    [​IMG]
    Jonathan, you have been given the honors of being captain on defense. How did you feel when you found out?
    20 tackles through 4 games, you are the leading tackler and probably the most feared hitter on the team. What did you do in the offseason to prepare for this year?
    How did you feel about traveling all the way across the country to the desert and losing to Arizona in OT? That must have devastated the team. What were some of the things you said to pick them up being the defensive leader?
    We all know Maryland isn't going to harm you any, so facing off with Florida State next week, this could be for the Atlantic division. What is your gameplan?

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Jonathan Willard
    Clemson ROLB #46
    BG
    [​IMG]
    Jonathan, you have been given the honors of being captain on defense. How did you feel when you found out?
    It is an honor to be selected as captain of such a talented group of guys. I just want to live up to the responsibility that has been awarded to me on and off the field!
    20 tackles through 4 games, you are the leading tackler and probably the most feared hitter on the team. What did you do in the offseason to prepare for this year?
    I think that's a typo because we've only played three games thus far, but to answer your question, our defense as a unit felt like we were the weakest aspect of our ACC Championship campaign a year ago. We took it as a personal challenge to be one of the top defenses in the league in all categories.
    How did you feel about traveling all the way across the country to the desert and losing to Arizona in OT? That must have devastated the team. What were some of the things you said to pick them up being the defensive leader?
    I have to admit it, I think we were a little overconfident from a season ago. Not to take anything away from them, but we came out flat and they made us pay for it. If you saw the game, we still had an opportunity to win it in the end, but they made the plays when it counted.
    We all know Maryland isn't going to harm you any, so facing off with Florida State next week, this could be for the Atlantic division. What is your gameplan?
    We can't afford to overlook anyone in our league. As we did against Arizona, anyone can show up and beat you if your not prepared, However, that being said, to have a chance at beating FSU, we must stop the run! We feel if we can contain the "Big Plays" on defense, then we have an excellent opportunity to win the game

• Like Like x 3
  8. controllerabuser

TYLER BRAY
    TENNESSEE QB #8
    [​IMG]

Tyler, being the leader of this Tennessee team, what did you say to your squad following the tough loss against Florida?
    You've thrown 7 touchdowns so far on the season, 4 against Pittsburgh and 0 interceptions being the key stat. Tell us, how have you been able to stay so mistake free?
    You carried your team in the 4th quarter by throwing touchdown passes with 1:12 and :12 seconds left. What was going through your head during those moments?
    Such a hot start to be proud of going 3-1 with 7 touchdowns but your team might have the hardest schedule coming up in the next 4 games. A gauntlet to run through starting off with a visit Between the Hedges against #5 Georgia and then at home against HackGolfer's Mississippi State Bulldogs. That's not it, then you host the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide and again on the road at #6 South Carolina. Phew, how do you think you will do, individually and as a team? And what does your situation look like at the end of the season?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Honestly...I apologized first off. We have Senior warriors like Herman Lathers and Prestiss Wagner that have never beat Florida, and they played their hearts out that game. It hurts knowing we, as an offense, didn't hold up our end of the bargain after our D held that offense to 14 points. Afterwards I told them to get the sulking out of their system cause we were going back to work Sunday morning.
    Uhhhh....Justin HUnter, Da'Rick Roger, Austin Rogers, Mychael Rivera, Marlon Lane....we have weapons. Seriously though, Coach Chaney has just been constantly preaching about making good decisions, checking the ball down to Mychael or Marlon, throwing it away, you know, just being a smart leader of this offense.
    I just wanted to put air under it and let Justin run it down. I know if I make an accurate pass, he's almost uncoverable one-on-one down the field. So that's really all I was focusing on.
    It's not like they made this schedule yesterday, we've known for a long time the obstacles we had ahead. That didn't stop us from making the SEC Championship our #1 goal and it won't stop us from expecting great things. We know to reach those goals, somewhere along the way it's gonna take someone stepping up and making plays. I'm working everyday to make sure I'm one of those guys and we will see where the chips fall.
    On paper, the latter part of our season does seem to level off competition wise. However, one of those teams kept us from a bowl game last year (Kentucky), one is an in-state and rising rival (vandy) and one is owed a rude welcoming to Tennessee Football (Mizzou).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  11. controllerabuser

JORDAN CANZERI
    IOWA HB #33
    [​IMG]
    Jordan, with all the success of running backs from the University of Iowa, can we call Iowa, Runningback U?
    Your team is undefeated with a big win over Penn State and you have rushed for over 865 yards so far. What has been your key to doing so good, both you and the team?
    With a huge game coming up in a few weeks, what do you have to do in order to get past Michigan?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. controllerabuser

PAUL JONES
    PENN STATE QB #7
    [​IMG]
    With a 5-2 record and only 1 conference loss, the Nittany Lions are still in the hunt for an invitation to the B1G Ten title game. Are you surprised?
    You have some pretty good numbers that have kept your team in games. 1,618 yards passing and 15 TD with only 3 INT. What can you attribute your success to?
    You're a young guy hosting the #14 Ohio State Buckeyes who come in rolling after their only loss at Clemson. We know you can't lay out a game plan but what will give you guys the win?

• Like Like x 1
  13. controllerabuser

BRAXTON MILLER
    OHIO STATE QB #5

[​IMG]
    Braxton, it must be pretty tough having to try to fill the shoes of Terrelle Pryor. What have you done to deal with this early on in your young career? What differentiates you from TP?
    What have you guys changed since dropping that heart breaker to Clemson? Was there anything that the coach said after the game or did you have to light a fire under their asses?
    Very good numbers you have so far sir, 1,955 yards passing with 21 touchdowns and just 5 interceptions. Can you continue this kind of play against Penn State this week?
    How do these few weeks play out? At Penn State and then "The Game" against your hated rivals in Michigan?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

PAUL JONES
    PENN STATE QB #7
    [​IMG]
    With a 5-2 record and only 1 conference loss, the Nittany Lions are still in the hunt for an invitation to the B1G Ten title game. Are you surprised?
    No, not at all. We knew that as long as we had good QB play, we'd be successful.
    You have some pretty good numbers that have kept your team in games. 1,618 yards passing and 15 TD with only 3 INT. What can you attribute your success to?
    The big guys in front of me. I have been sacked quite a bit, but they have given me time with well run routes to let me do what I want.
    You're a young guy hosting the #14 Ohio State Buckeyes who come in rolling after their only loss at Clemson. We know you can't lay out a game plan but what will give you guys the win?
    It's like an old family recipe, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

• Like Like x 2
  15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

JORDAN CANZERI
    IOWA HB #33
    [​IMG]
    I don't know about Runningback U. I am just glad to be part of a program that embraces the running game as much as Iowa does. I have to pay it forward to my offensive line. Without them, I wouldn't be finding daylight like I am. Last year I was a backup to Marcus Coker and Mikail McCall. Over the winter, both guys left the program for personal reasons, and I worked my tail off to get that #1 spot. I got some touches in the Insight Bowl against Oklahoma, and that experience was invaluable. I am hoping to turn around the stigma at Iowa as of late. I like Iowa. I want to be the next Shonn Greene. ​
    The team is young. We have new faces all over the place, even some of the coaches. The schedule has worked in our favor, giving us room for growth and a learning curve as the weeks went on. A lot of early home games, and time for the offense to meld as the weeks passed. A big game against PSU, coming off a tumultuous off-season. James is looking good in the pocket. The WR's and TE's are keeping the defenses honest, which is in turn giving me room. The defense is young. The D line is probably the most inexperienced group out of all of us. They have made great progress this season, and are really coming into their own. The defense is making their way back to the true Iowa form, a bend but don't break, be the best at your position, kind of defense.​
    I really think we need to pull Norm Parker back to the booth for this one against Michigan. He was the great mind when it came to gameplanning against Shoelace and Tate. Whenever we needed a way to stop those guys, he had the plan already there. Tate is now gone, and Shoelace is a senior. If Iowa can win, this will be the first time in school history that Iowa has won 4 straight against Michigan. That is a huge "IF". There are so many weapons in that locker room, you have to prepare for them all. But the tip of the spear would have to be Denard. Slow him down and you have a chance.​

• Like Like x 1