Player Spotlight

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Sep 24, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Player Spotlight

Who uses this feature on defense? Do you feel that it works correctly?

2. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

didn't even know it existed this year... it has never worked in any madden before and even double teams don't work right this year. ps2/xbox double teams you actually had two guys manhandling the one guy and he wouldn't be able to get free. now it seems like the safety who is doubling just sort of floats around and if he does try and double just gets dusted by the WR.

i would have loved for them to bring back the shading. it was the one thing i felt worked when you knew a guy was running a slant to shade inside, it actually seemed to do what you wanted but if the guy did an out route in the opposite direction of the shade, made you pay for your shading

3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Didnt know it existed either....
    But as far as double team, I actually think it works better than other years, me myself I havent used the double teams but when I played one of my games they doubled WR Fitzgerald and they actually shut him down. Specially if you have a fast SS/FS it works great. I had to stop throwing to Fitz way in that game becuz even on slants he would catch the pass only to have it knocked out by the safety. The corner would press him and then the safety will follow him over the top, so even on a post, fade, or curl he was covered. I think the only plays that I completed to him were drag routes over the middle. But that gave a chance to my other WR and TE to step up and make plays.

4. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Haven't used it either but thanks for pointing it out. Gonna have to play with it some and see if it can be of use in certain situations.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Didnt even know it existed

6. CHUNKNESS

R2 + the receiver icon is how you assign a defender to spotlight a receiver. I believe it is the next gen version of shading, but it doesn't seem to be working appropriately for me this year. So I wanted to toss the subject around to see if anyone has used it and if it has worked for them.

7. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

i've used it a couple teams, specifically when i played the Lions last game. Worked well for me as revis covered underneath and a safety was always over the top bracketing him.

8. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

It works this year? There is no pre-play adjustment display for it.

9. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

i think it may have come back when they did the previous update and reverted back to the original pre snap buttons.

10. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

How do you enable this. I tried R2 plus WR button... I saw nothing.

11. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

yea I don't think its there this year...chunkness is blowing smoke up ur butt

12. CHUNKNESS

no joke. hold R2 and you will see the receiver's icons appear above them along with their names below them.

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I tried this but noone would cover bush in my game against saints is it broke lol

14. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

you're right they do show their letters and names...but there is no spotlight feature this year...when they had it they had a orange circle on them AFTER you then hit their letter...that doesn't happen this year and I thought I read somewhere about how it wasn't in the game this year...

15. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Exactly, what I thought.