Player Suspensions (NON GAME PLAY RELATED)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coach KO, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Gents -

I know we have discussed at length what to do about getting people on track with scheduling their games, increasing communication as well as visibility on the forums and the XFN site with recaps. In an effort to force compliance, we suggested using player suspensions as a way to increase awareness of these required tasks of our brothers and sister......

1st offense (either no schedule in 48 hours or no recap by the end of the following week): Warning on the forums. We call them out in public.
    2nd offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive OR defensive player (owner's choice).
    3rd offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive OR defensive player (board vote, any board member playing the offending owner cannot vote in this suspension vote).
    4th offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive AND defensive player. Boot vote can be called for at this time.

Further offenses (if they occur in a single year) would go to top 2 offensive AND/OR defensive players and more boot votes. The offenses could reset at the end of a season.

The time has come where we need to let it out. We need to get approval from everyone (on the board) before we post on the forums what the penalties will be. If there is any part that im concerned about it is the quality of player. IMO, I think after the warning, we make it hurt. (Top quality player.) Im not sure who should hand the suspensions out. Do you want the suspensions coming from the Conference Heads? Should they be decided on in the board?

To be Candid, Im hoping we do not have any but by tightening the controls now, it wont open us to further scrutiny later.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

im in favor

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Looks like what I typed up earlier. So I am good with it.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I thought about it a little more and made minor tweaks. One last question to answer before I go public (in yellow). I wanted to make sure we were clear on the length of the suspension for each infraction.

2nd offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive OR defensive player (owner's choice). One game:

When you say owners choice? which owner? I still think that should be board vote as well. Also, I think Im going to say only offensive players. Not that defense isnt important. We all know it is. However, removing a top offensive weapon is a high penalty.

3rd offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive OR defensive player (board vote, any board member playing the offending owner cannot vote in this suspension vote).4 games.

4th offense: Suspension (forced cut) of highest offensive AND defensive player. Boot vote can be called for at this time. Remainder of the season.

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I think the owner that is getting their player suspended should never be able to choose which one it is

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

thats what I was thinking to. I think all suspensions need to be handed out by the board. Not necessarily need board approval as long as we have guidelines. (No conflicts of interest, etc)

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The original intent of the "owner's choice" was to allow the player playing the offending party to choose a player off the offending owner's team. In other words, if Coach KO didn't do a summary, and it was his second offense, and I am playing him the following week, I would get to choose to eliminate his offensive or defensive player.

The intent is also to get the owner away from the bad behavior before it gets to "our vote" for suspending a player.

If you want it to really hurt, have it be ANY two players of owner's choice on 2nd offense (board overseeing the process). This means that I (using the example above) could pick ANY two players off the team to get suspended, not just the highest overall (who may not be as important as a lower guy who is faster and valued more by the offending owner).

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I was only thinking one player... and I thought I was being hard!

im just worried about owners choice. I want this all "in house" if that makes sense.

If I forget to do it. Brady is suspended. Im fine with that. thats what I mean by making it hurt. But I can do two as well.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

...or we could do 1 player on each side of the ball for 2nd offense, then TWO players on each side of the ball for 3rd offense, and so on...

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Fine with me.

11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Im going with Offensive only. Sorry. I think its a bigger impact. Dunn is losing Palmer. Im seeing to it. LOL

12. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

One last change. Effective immediately.

1st Offense (either no schedule in 48 hours or no recap by the end of the following week): Warning on the forums. ONE GAME SUSPENSION

2nd offense: Suspension (forced cut). Player to be determined by the Board. 4 GAMES

3rd offense: Suspension (forced cut) Player to be determined by the Board. SEASON

4th offense: Suspension (forced cut) Additional Player to be determined by the Board. Potentially kicked from the league.

I have a spreadsheet that I am tracking this recaps and scheduling with.