Players in multiple "Dynasties"......

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Mar 29, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Players in multiple "Dynasties"......

Ryno,

With Tradition 1 being the the original why is it so many players find it more of a necessity to give their other league games priority over ours. We should have advanced tonight Sunday...... (n)

There were 2 games left to play all 3 players were on as 1 game was against the CPU.... It is the weekend! These game should have been completed. What irks me is two of the gentlemen our playing in other dynasties!

I want to be part of a league where the players understand the priority falls with this league solely.... If they can't... I move we find replacements there is no reason we should have more than a 72 hour turn-around and on the Weekends these games should be completed as I'm sure arrangements can be made.

I've been sitting here the last two nights with my thumb up my ass waiting for the advance. What bothers me is I am seeing the competitors on, and realizing it is not our dynasty game they are focusing on. It is another...............

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree with you on cpu games, there are other things that go into user vs user games.

CPU games should be done the day we adv if at all possible. Too many issues and schedule things with user vs user to mandate those games.

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

When you see 2 users on and 1 having posted in here to play....... Then to realize one person is actually playing in another Dynasty while the other person is on is frustrating.....

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

you probably should read the whole thread before accusing folk

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I checked earlier and there was 2 games left besides mine(a cpu and UvU) so i decided instead of playing 2 straight games i would play later in the night...
    1.its a video game with 12 people that all have different things going on so expecting 72 hr turn arounds everyweek is opptomistic.
    2.We advanced saturday at the time of your post it was still sunday.
    3.maybe you should think about joining TT IV to give you something to do so you don't have to keep putting your thumb up ur ass while you wait for the rest of us...(y)

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i'm gonna take the brunt of the blame on this one...not fair to rhude. not to go into to many details, but there was a family issue i had starting on sunday late afternoon. cops were called, few arrests made, i had to go down to the precint, etc. i posted updates a few times during the day...as of i think 8:30 i posted i wasn't going to be able to make it. but things moved faster than expected with the cops and i was able to get back and online about 15 mins after the scheduled time of the game. i posted in the thread but by that point, rhude already saw i wasn;t going to make it and scheduled a game in another league. obviously, if none of this occured, the game would have went off on time...so it's my fault on that one, sorry guys.

as for the multiple leagues things...with all due respect ramirez, i don't think you're being very fair here. not to throw anyone under the bus, and please don't get pissed, but on a few occasions the league has been held up for a day or 2 for ryno vs. the cpu because he had church obligations. and the league waited 4 extra days for you to get back from disneyland to do the off-season even though 11 other guys could have made it earlier. and i believe the both of you are only in 1 league.

like bbj said...it's a league with 12 guys. everyone has different lifes and obligations and commitments, etc. there are going to be times the league is held up. it sucks for the other guys when it happens because they are waiting to play. but i think everyone should be entitled to it happening once in awhile, and as long as it's relayed on the boards to everyone in the league, should have some understanding about it.

end rant.

game will be done tonite by like 11-11:30 est since we're starting it at 10. so guys on the left coast will be able to play tonite. and again, i apologize for the delay

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ramirez now that your here, read the PAC 10 preview I slaves over ;)

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks for taking up for me Juggs, but it's hardly necessary to apologize to this guy about what went on.....the two most important people involved which is myself and you, already had dialogue about our game and we made arrangements

Nobody other than the commish should be worrying about the other members in this league

9. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

This isn't the first time I have seen this.........

BBJ your playing the CPU that game should have been completed....

I guess I don't understand your sentiment...

Some of us have given Hundreds of dollars to the cause....I know I feel I have a responsibility to the league to get things in.......There are 11 other owners and I don't want the flow of the league to be off-set....

All I'm saying is that it would be nice if The Tradition took prioirty over the rest of the leagues!

DjRhude I don't appreciate the "this guy" remark... You don't know me! I hit you up last night on Xbox and you did not even respond back.... Maybe you should have educated me then...

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That should've spoke volumes then......maybe I don't appreciate people stalking me about a game when they aren't even involved...especially when I am one of the ones who always finishes early before anyone else

I follow a simple rule...I don't worry about anyone else's business but mine (y)

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

This message is directed toward Ramirez, as well as Ryno, Helli and anyone else who might be in power with the league. I really don't want to go back and forth on this and drag it out anymore than need be or cause more fights/problems than already are so I'll post this and let it be.

Long story short, the advance didn't happen last night cause our game didn't get in. It was completely my fault for the conflicting posts on the boards. I apologized. Not to toot my own horn, but I think in 7+ years of this league, I am one of a handful of guys who the league has never been held up for until last night.

I didn't give hundreds of dollars for the league or site. Not that I don't appreciate it and enjoy it, because trust me I do. But when I first signed up for the Tradition I didn't realize it was going to come with a fee. And months later my measley $25 contribution (that Ryno still hasn't cashed the check) was going to seem petty and unimportant in comparison to what others have given.

Ramirez, if you, Ryno, whoever would like to find a replacement for me and feel I'm not a right fit for Tradition football/brand, that's your right and choice and so be it. I apologized, I said the game will be done tonite, nothing more I can do. If the situation happened 100 times again, 100 times out of 100 I'll choose family before playing a game in an online football league. That's my choice and right...so be it.

Let me know if I should bother playing Rhude tonite or if you want to find another owner for OSU.

Mike

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ill Take OSU!

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I am not the decision maker in the league and I have no say in running it.....

I thought this was an "open forum" where we talked about the state of the league. It's obvious to me there is some malcontent towards me but I don't care. I noticed last night three owners were all on...... The last 3 with games that needed to be played....

I guess I did not understand why the focus was on the other leagues and not this one......

DJRhude you had yet to read this forum and chose not to respond...tough guy!

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

It is not my decision but I want you in the league I think you are a fantastic owner....

I think my posts were misunderstood....

I look forward to relaxing at night and enjoying all aspects of the league....

I guess I just felt we should have advanced...

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My 2 cents:

Juggs, relax, everybody knows you play your games. And it was a simple miscommunication. End of story (hopefully?... .jeez, we can hope)

As for BBJ, bro, I do not mean to harp on you (I did message you last night, sorry) but let's take your example, ok?

You log in and see that there's another vs.-the-cpu game that has not been played. So you don't play.

Let's say that other dude is doing the same thing as you. He's logging in and saying Oh there's another CPU game I'll just wait till I'm the last CPU game. That just doesn't work man. Always keep in mind that Ryno has stated in the league rules/whatever that this is a "fast as we can go" league....

Not that this has been a particularly long week, and thanks for playing after I messaged you (because we both know I'm not the commish and I appreciate you responding to another fellow league member/peer)... But hopefully you can see where I'm coming from and how that could hold up the league.

16. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

How does messaging you once and asking "Are you playing Ohio St. tonight" constitute stalking?

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Mike can you play on tuesday night then????

10 pm is pretty much the latest i like to start.....and I dont think the OSU OSU game will be done till like 11 pm est.

And by the way those ASU chicks are skinny.......damn!

18. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

You said

"Why didn't you play OSU tonight, you we're both on"

You're not the commish, so I didn't feel inclined to reply while I was in the middle of playing.....me and Juggs worked it out....on XBL and the forums......had you took a minute to look in the scheduling thread entitled "Ohio State @ Oklahoma" you would've known the deal

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL same situation for me, my game got simmed...

20. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

You know what, sim the shit or let Juggs play the cpu...I stopped caring

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

let's not have an e-fight over this.. you guys are letting Ramirez push your buttons.. just ignore him, he's just bored and this is his way to pass the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNQRqAoT-2c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNQRqAoT-2c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

............uhhh no.....your playing!!

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ramirez...the only thing I had a problem with re: anything you said was the very 1st post which you said something to the extent of "I vote we find replacements". ryno is right, that did push my button. I spent a good portion of my Sunday breaking up a brawl and at 102nd street precinent in Queens. I did my best to keep Rhude (and everyone) up to date on the status of our game. I posted I didn't think I was going to be able to make it. Rhude saw that, said he understood, and only at that point did he schedule another game. He was all set to play me. So I didn't want him catching shrapnel from my grenade. When I posted I will be able to make it, it was already too late.

No harm, no foul, no hard feelings on my end. Just didn't want anyone to be pissed that we didn't advance because of me, especially when it was a valid reason. And I didn't want to be the guy that was on the verge of getting the axe.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL at Mo, still bitter. That was a cpu game dude. And look how fast u get your games in. :D

Juggy and rhude, ignore the sideshow is my advice, it don't matter.

25. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Sidenote: I just moved to Queens, Springfield Gardens....is that my precint too Juggs? lol