Players Leaving and Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Players Leaving and Recruiting!

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 95 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    You are only allowed to recruit what you are losing. You cannot go over. So going into the season you will see how many seniors you are losing. So if I'm losing say 15 seniors, I already know I can sign 15 recruits. Here's the catch we will have juniors and rs sophomores leave from time to time. So you are allowed to recruit as many players as you want but never you should not offer scholarships over your Senior numbers unless you are sure they are going to leave.

However if they do not leave or you talk them into staying you lose that spot. Therefore after players leaving if my senior total was 15 and i had 2 leave early I can only sign 17 recruits.

If you go over 1 of your top 3 recruits will be kicked out of school. You will also lose 1 scholarship the next season. If it happens twice you will lose 2 of your top threer ecruits and you will lose 3 schollys. The third time you will be terminated.

You are only allowed to sign 5 5 star recruits. However if you win the National Championship you can add one more 5 star recruit to your current class or your upcoming class.

Penalties for going over 5 star allotment is the same as going over your recruiting space.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I want to put a cap on 5 star players signed but i will allow you guys to vote on that. The number would be 4. let em know what you think.

3. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Sounds about right. Whatever USC got average over the last 5 years should be the max I guess.

4. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

I like it.

5. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

How does this work? Sim the 'players leaving' part? I haven't done this before so I'd appreciate it if someone can guide me through the process.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

You have an option to press x on that player and use recruiting time to talk them into staying.

Last year it was broken on online dynasty so you could ask them and they would agree to stay and they would still leave. This year it is fixed so there are some house rules on who you can ask back and what not.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ok I researched the USC deal from 2004 class through 2009 they signed 28 5 stars according to rivals.

That averages out between 4 and 5 so we will go with 5 as the cap. This leaves 5 stars for the cpu teams.

8. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Yes, but I never played in an online dynasty in '09. When I played offline dynasty, I used to spend 5 minutes each on underclassman. I had three situations with my players: staying, not staying, undecided. I would then sim to week 1 after that. So my question is, what should I do, going forward, in the off season screen? Sim straight to week 1 recruiting? I'm looking for instructions on how not to spend any time convincing said players to stay. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post.

9. fsuprime

penalty for going over is 0 5*s the following year? :)

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

sounds good to me!!!

11. fsuprime

question, we cans still have a full recruiting board right? we just have to keep the roster at 70 when the dust settles before the cut player screen.

12. mz1290

mz1290 Guest

ok so just to be sure, we can only sign 5 five star recruits?

13. fsuprime

yep thats the rule

14. mz1290

mz1290 Guest

Alright sounds good, and I've been meaning to find a new recruiting strategy. Does anyone have any good tip/links to some forums on the topic?

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah tell your boys to go to Florida!

you can "court" as many as you want but don't go over the roster limit.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Ok, so I understand correctly...if I have 16 seniors on my team, and 3 juniors I believe may leave....I am allowed to recruit 19 total. However, if I get lucky enough to keep those juniors, I lose them anyway and get removed? Or if I don't want to chance it, and those 3 juniors all go to the pro draft, I can't sway them and lose them anyway, therefore I am 3 roster spots in the hole and could have recruited more. So basically....it's a crap shoot at the beginning of the season to coach or not next year?

Sim...

Has Urban Meyer ever had to risk his career by recruiting 18 instead of 15 prospects because he had 3 juniors decide, hey I'm done playing football?

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

No but he has an idea and recruits in case they do leave. You can have 35 people on your board but you cannot go over your 70 man limit how about that. You are allowed to talk juniors into staying based on the rules we have set on that. You get to recruit after the players leaving step anyways. Also EA only releases some recruits at this point so there will be new players to go after at this point in the off season, remember that?

18. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

I have 16 seniors leaving in all and possibly a few Juniors but I just played it safe and added 17 to the board for now.

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 95 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    You are only allowed to recruit what you are losing. You cannot go over. So going into the season you will see how many seniors you are losing. So if I'm losing say 15 seniors, I already know I can sign 15 recruits. Here's the catch we will have juniors and rs sophomores leave from time to time. So you are allowed to recruit 3 extra players + the amount of seniors during the regular season.

However if they do not leave or you talk them into staying you lose that spot. Therefore after players leaving if my senior total was 15 and i had 2 leave early I can only sign 17 recruits.

If you go over 1 of your top 3 returning players will be kicked out of school. You will also lose 1 scholarship the next season. If it happens twice you will lose 2 of your top three returning players and you will lose 3 schollys. The third time you will be terminated.

Ok Cheech...now....answer my question. Which is it? After reading your rules you first posted and reading what you just posted...which is it? We can recruit to only 70 or we can only recruit what we lose? What is it going to be about losing your top returning starters? You never answered that. So if I accidentally or intentionally recruit over, my top returning starter gets cut? That is realistic. You also, highlighted in green, say that I can only recruit 3 + Seniors leaving. Yet, if I have all my seniors and 5 juniors leave....I'm in the hole....

20. mz1290

mz1290 Guest

ahh, my head hurts from all this recruiting talk.

21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Exactly, it's too complex.....

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ok here it is screw all that other stuff. This is the rule. Recruiting and offering scholarships are two different things. You can have 35 recruits on your board. You can only offer the amount of seniors you have + any open roster spots.

If you lose juniors that you are not allowed to sway or that decide to transfer or go pro obviously at this point when we have the 5 weeks of offseason recruiting you can fill those spots then. Simple. Fill your board up with as many as you want but follow the numbers for offering scholarships. That's realistic right? Unless you are Nick Saban you aren't gonna offer over your scholly limit.

Ok the +3 junior thing makes it confusing I agree. If you have a junior that wins the Heisman or is just a stud and will win an award and you feel he won't stay go ahead and offer another recruitbut if he stays and you go over you will have to cut a top prospect.

23. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

OK I updated the original post. It's easier to understand i hope. You go over the 70 man roster and you will lose one of your top 3 recruits and you lose a scholly for following season. If you do it twice you will lose two top recruits and 3 schollys. Third time you get booted

24. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

you can sign away all your senior schollies, in season(if u can get that many to commit) then keep recruiting on your board just dont offer schollies, if guys leave early u can still get guys in the offseason part of recruiting. + i think there will be guys u havent seen in inseason recruiting that will just be there for offseason recruiting which will help fill your team when players leave early. i think even 5 star guys just in offseason.

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yes this is very much true sir!!!!!!!!!!