Players Leaving & Transfers Accepted: Season 4

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Players Leaving & Transfers Accepted: Season 4

PLAYERS LEAVING EARLY
    Army
    None

Florida
    MLB Ross - Transfer to Miami
    LT Smith - Transfer to Miss St

Florida State
    HB Baker - Pros
    WR Smith - Pros
    QB Secord - Pros

Miami
    MLB McDaniel - Transfer to Miss St

Michigan
    None

Michigan State

HB Caper - Pros
    WR Spencer - Pros

Mississippi State
    QB Russell - Pros
    WR Smith - Pros

Nebraska
    WR Tillman - Pros
    LE Ankrah - Pros
    WR Bell - Pros

Notre Dame
    SS Crosby - Pros
    TE Holmes - Transfer to Miss St
    TE Adams - Transfer to Mich St
    C Dorsey - Transfer to Army

Oklahoma
    WR Reynolds - Pros
    SS Harris - Pros
    RT Wood - Transfer to FSU
    TE Mills - Transfer to FSU

Penn State
    FS Hodges - Pros
    HB Dukes - Pros

TRANSFERS ADMITTED

Army
    C Dorsey - 83 ovr - SO(RS)
    FS Lloyd - 79 ovr - SO(RS)
    LOLB Boyd - 82 ovr - FR(RS)

Florida State
    TE Mills - 82 ovr - SO
    RT Wood - 80 ovr - FR(RS)

Miami
    MLB Ross - 88 ovr - SO(RS)

Michigan State

TE Adams - 85 ovr - SO(RS)
    K Davis - 76 ovr - SO(RS)

Mississippi State

TE Holmes - 80 ovr - FR(RS)
    MLB McDaniel - 84 ovr - SO(RS)
    LT Smith - 81 ovr - SO(RS)

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

As it pertains to cuts, the only players allowed to be cut are transfers that you don't want and walk-ons.

Post your intentions here, if you don't want to have any of the transfers. One that comes to mind is the Kicker that transferred to Michigan State, I just don't see him wanting to keep him.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You gotta be kidding me...I lose my RB early AGAIN! And my #1 WR...jesus.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Both my WRs, noooo

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Actually I do want to keep that kicker haha, my current kicker is like a 55 overall.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If it makes you feel any better, the other school from Michigan didn't lose anyone early (including my 93 and 92 JR HBs, 94 DT, and my 97 DE).

But of course, the truly important thing isn't who left early, but simply who left. In that category, I lost WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than you did. I think I lost 16 90+ rated guys (including 7 96+ guys). (n)

7. jello1717

It's interesting to see that ND lost 2 TEs (since we all know how much Dat LOVES his TEs). I wonder how many he has. I would guess for most schools, losing 2 TEs early would create a "need" for TE, but maybe ND just had an overload of them.

It looks like MSU got a good one too (85 SO).

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm kind of stunned that my 88 ovr MLB decided to jump ship to the Hurricanes. Luckily enough for me, the #1 overall off-season recruit is a MLB that I just happen to lead everyone for. I'll have to do my best to sign him!

9. jello1717

Damnit!

That new #1 recruit really makes things tough for me!

I only have 2 schollies left. 1 will go to a QB (since this injury prone game requires me to carry 4 QBs instead of only 3). I had planned on giving my other scholly to a nice looking 3* FS (even though I still have 3 4* slots left) with 93 speed. I've already signed a nice 4* FS, but it's rare to find safeties with that kind of speed (I signed a SS with 92 speed that would go nicely with a 93 speed guy).

That #1 MLB looks good and even though I don't need him, I want him. But, I'm going up against Fla (#1), ND (#2), and PSU(#4) and I doubt that I can outrecruit them. The 3* FS is already maxed on Michigan, MSU, Army, and a CPU school. If I sign him now, I can't pursue the #1 MLB. If I pursue the MLB, then I need to withdraw my offer to the FS and then hope that he sticks around long enough to see if the MLB signs with me.

I guess it comes down to whether or not I think I can outrecruit freakin' Florida and ND and PSU for the #1 guy.

Decisions, decisions!

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lost Reynolds and my Safety. Damn. I think they were Seniors anyway. As for the transfers to FSU. WTF

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Jesus, EVERY single one of those 4 losses hurts.

-Starting SS Crosby to pros after his rsSO season seems bizarre. His rating at year end was 85
    -rsFR C Dorsey was in line to be a 2 year starter, and will be a stud
    -Losing 2 TE's in Holmes and Adams might end up being the biggest impact transfers have had in our league outside of Denard Robinson. I'm left with 2 on the roster, senior Eifert and RS soph Gardner. As I pointed out in another thread my biggest recruiting problem this year was that I couldn't sign a TE. Unless there's a stud TE out there in recruiting, next season I may be forced out of my 2 TE sets, which would mean running a totally different offense. An injury to either of those guys, even in-game, would mean the same thing.

Icing on the cake is that all 3 transfers went to other users.

Thanks for the kick in the balls after my most disappointing loss ever EA.

12. jello1717

Just adding some info to Basis' list about the guys leaving since I'm sure we're not that familiar with the players from other teams.

After looking at their ratings, some of these guys are real head scratchers.

PLAYERS LEAVING EARLY
    Army
    None

Florida
    MLB Ross - Transfer to Miami - SO(RS), 88 OVR
    LT Smith - Transfer to Miss St - SO(RS), 81 OVR

Florida State
    HB Baker - Pros - SO(RS), 90 OVR
    WR Smith - Pros - JR(RS), 95 OVR
    QB Secord - Pros - JR(RS), 89 OVR

Miami
    MLB McDaniel - Transfer to Miss St - SO(RS), 84 OVR

Michigan
    None

Michigan State

HB Caper - Pros - JR(RS), 89 OVR
    WR Spencer - Pros - JR(RS), 87 OVR

Mississippi State
    QB Russell - Pros - JR(RS), 85 OVR (but put up huge numbers)
    WR Smith - Pros - JR(RS), 84 OVR (wow!)

Nebraska
    WR Tillman - Pros - JR, 87
    LE Ankrah - Pros - JR(RS), 99 OVR
    WR Bell - Pros - JR(RS), 93

Notre Dame
    SS Crosby - Pros - SO(RS), 85 OVR (wow!)
    TE Holmes - Transfer to Miss St - FR(RS), 80 OVR
    TE Adams - Transfer to Mich St - SO(RS), 85 OVR
    C Dorsey - Transfer to Army - SO(RS), 83 OVR

Oklahoma
    WR Reynolds - Pros - JR(RS), 91 OVR
    SS Harris - Pros - JR(RS), 96 OVR
    RT Wood - Transfer to FSU - FR(RS), 80 OVR
    TE Mills - Transfer to FSU - SO, 82 OVR

Penn State
    FS Hodges - Pros - JR(RS), 92 OVR
    HB Dukes - Pros - JR(RS), 92 OVR

TRANSFERS ADMITTED

Army
    C Dorsey - 83 ovr - SO(RS)
    FS Lloyd - 79 ovr - SO(RS)
    LOLB Boyd - 82 ovr - FR(RS)

Florida State
    TE Mills - 82 ovr - SO
    RT Wood - 80 ovr - FR(RS)

Miami
    MLB Ross - 88 ovr - SO(RS)

Michigan State

TE Adams - 85 ovr - SO(RS)
    K Davis - 76 ovr - SO(RS)

Mississippi State

TE Holmes - 80 ovr - FR(RS)
    MLB McDaniel - 84 ovr - SO(RS)
    LT Smith - 81 ovr - SO(RS)

13. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Thank you everybody who donated to Mississippi State!!!! I didn't really need the TE, but I defintely can use the LT and MLB.

I guess my QB leaving was expected, since he put up big numbers, and I haven't really checked my WR's numbers, but that's very bad. (Quick Fact - they're from the same class at the same high school!) WR - I guess we're okay. But my QB situation is NOT GOOD, and I don't think the guy I recruited will be good enough to start year one. I think I'm now in the same kind of situation as JC where I'll be playing some horrible CPU-recruited QB. My backup the past two year's has been pretty good, but he's a senior and graduated.

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Only thing I can think with Crosby is that he did have a good season. Quite a few int's and tackles, even with being out 3 games due to injury (although the game wouldn't factor the 3 missed games in). He was #7 or 8 on the Thorpe list.

15. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Hodge leaving early is not what I wanted but he's awesome and for him to stay in college instead of jumping to the pros would have been a huge stretch... Mr Fumbles on the other hand, well that just saves me the awkward "It's not you it's me" talk.

Dukes had 5 fumbles in 4 user games, I only lost 2 of those so didn't hurt that much, but I seriously considered benching him but didn't because I have loyalty towards senority and previous year's starters (except QB, I'll bench those jackasses quicker then Spurrier would).

So bye bye Dukes, make sure you save most of that rookie contract you're going to get, because after they watch you put it on the ground time after time... you won't be getting another contract.

16. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Last season for some reason they gave me a walk on FB, despite the fact I had the already required 2 on my roster... part of me thinks I still may keep him. Why would I keep a low 50 overall, high 70 speed FB? I'm starting to feel like he's the little retarded boy we've put on the roster and was the motivation that carried the team to a National Championship.

I almost could see in OT with Notre Dame 4th and 3 on my 5, Notre Dame calls a timeout to think about what they're going to do, Penn State's defense comes to the sidelines to discuss the play assignments, checks and formation keys. Then Tariq Pace (Q-bert), comes flying out of no where jumping up and down like a monkey with a crab clamped on to his testicles, screaming incoherent babble, and slobbering all over the starting defense. When the defense takes the field, instead of checks, reads and thinking, all they have is this instinctual need to abandon all football knowledge, jump on the ball carrier and drown him in their slobber. Notre Dame gets under center, snaps the ball, hands off on a stretch play, and 7 slobbering fools jump all over the poor ball carrier 2 yards in the backfield.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am scared as crap because I have 26 seniors coming up!!!

So, after this year I will be back to square one.

18. jello1717

Are you serious? I have had one wicked case of HB envy over Dukes. I would kill to have a guy with his ratings. All I can get are the little (my starter is 5'6, 166) pseudo-speed guys (they have 93 speed) with poor BTK, and TRK. After playing with Ryan Houston on my UNC team, I'd trade all of my speed guys for just a couple big bruisers.
    Why in the hell wasn't this guy with us from the very beginning of this OD?!? It would've made it soooooo much more entertaining!

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I will trade you all of my recruits for Tariq. hahaha

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That was fantastic. Slightly painful, but pretty damn funny.

I'm never recruiting another FB again.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

That race for the MLB is going to be a close one.

22. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Be careful what you wish for, the against user hit stick/user strip, the guy was borderline on making just as many plays as he gave away plays. He fumbled twice in the NC, which had ND recovered either one or both, it may have cost me the NC, in which the guy would have been as worthless to me as a 70 spd HB.