Players leaving....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 1, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Players leaving....

Who are the players leaving that you know you cant replace?

For Kansas State......

Free Safety Lemur, he is impossible to replace..... the QB of my defense seemed to be everywhere when we needed him....

ROLB Troy Butler, another player who is essentially impossible while undersized he seemed to make plenty of plays....

MLB Jay Wright, wanted to turn pro but he came back and had a seriously great season.....

lastly, the entire right side of my line..... not sure what i am gonna do there.... seriously screwed....

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm losing a lot as well.

HB Brandon Pendergrass - The knight of my rushing brigade carried the load for us. I won't miss his fumbles, but his consistency will be hard to duplicate with the underclassmen behind him and the :4stars: true frosh coming in for the spring.

TEs Parker and Ford - I really don't know what I'm going to do here as Parker was our go to 3rd down guy. Sure hands and a nice frame will bode well for him in the NFL. Wish I had another year to groom someone behind him.

OL - I'm losing a couple starters that will hurt. I have a lot of youth behind them so someone will just have to step up.

WR Kenny Brown - This guy wasn't a major factor due to our inability to pass, but he is a weapon nonetheless.

DEs Wilber and T-something - These guys were my play makers and the only 3rd down stoppers I had this year. Excellent pass rushers with lanky frames. I have some promising talent behind them, but these guys played on another level.

CB Travis Williams and FS Josh Bush - We are razor thin at the safety position and that is our biggest question mark heading into the spring. Hopefuly :4stars: ATH Joey Smith can step in back there and make some plays for us. If not, someone will likely move to S from the CB position, where we are a bit deeper. Travis Williams led our team in INT this year.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My WRs Jarrell Jackson and Wes Kemp. Washington will stay and I've got some young guys, but having Washington or Jackson as your 2nd and 3rd reads on plays was amazing. Not to mention, and JR will attest, that Wes Kemp at 6'4" 236 lbs was damn near always open and even if he was covered, he was still open.

LB's Tatum and Crane. These guys led my team in tackles and were amazing up the middle. We are really depleted at LB but I'm bringing in a big class. But starting young guys is never a good sign.

FS Kenji Jackson - Another spot we don't have much depth. Kenji wasn't great, but he was solid and reliable. The guy behind him probably won't meet that standard.

The Tigers may have to take the offense in a slightly different direction next season. Key word is "slightly".

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

For the Bulldogs, the only guy I'm definitely losing that is irreplaceable is TE Marcus Green. Green is a great receiving threat and essentially was like having an extra WR on the field. I lost out on any legit receiving TE recruits the past 2 years so expect to see a ton of 4-5 wide sets next year.

On defense, it will definitely hurt if DT and/or MLB Brandon Wilson leave early. Both are rated 90-91 OVR, so I think both will definitely test the NFL draft waters.

Regardless, I'm going to have a severe talent dropoff starting next year as I will have few players rated in the 80's prior to training results.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im pretty sure your entire WR' corps are juniors and sophmores, and I hope like hell they all leave, because they are beasts.

Ole Miss is losing its top two rushers in Bolden and Davis, and though neither are explosive, they both got extra yards.

Right now, Im worried about Joel Kight at OLB and maybe Bobby Massie a RT that is pretty damn good., but beyond that my team is really young, and I doubt I will lose anyone else in the draft.

Next year the running game will be focused on the Scott Brothers and the hopeful development of some of my young WR's. My OL should be pretty solid since I don't have a Senior on the OL.

Defensively, I have one senior. Hopefully my defense will the weights and the roids this summer.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

My top 4 WR's are 2 true juniors (rated 86 and 80 OVR) and 2 true sophomores who will be back. I'm really hoping that neither junior tests the draft and will do my damnest to keep them if they do.

Either way, I have 16 seniors this year and think that next year you (and the other big boys in the SEC) are gonna steamroll me with all the young guys who will be pressed to play for me.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i should add in my LE Harold and my LILB Hrebec......

lookin at least 8 new starters on defense..... needless to say we might be in alot of shootouts next season.....

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    For Duke:

1) WR Donavon Varner - This guy is a stud, but I never really used him well.
    2) K Will Snyderwine - I was spoiled by a really good kicker/punter for 2 years.
    3) FS Matt Daniels - Really the only good defender I have.

9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

For South Carolina ...

I'm guessing Jeffrey (Wide Receiver - Junior) is leaving. I'd love to talk him back into staying, and if he does try to leave, I'll spend 60+ minutes talking him back. He's a monster threat on deep balls.

My #2 WR may leave as well as he had 1,000 yards receiving.

Ace Sanders is only a freshman at WR, so he has to stay.

On defense, my SS may leave as he's had a good year and is a junior. If the rest of my defense left, I wouldn't be upset at all.

My QB Garcia is gone as he's a senior. I'm confident in the guy stepping in next year, he will be a r-junior.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Come on! You gotta keep with the Spurrier mantra at SC and NEVER have confidence in your new QB at the beginning of a season.