Players Leaving

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Players Leaving

Here's the list. Check out the italicized lines for some trash talk material. shaun's gonna dig this.

Army
    Lafusa – ROLB – SO – T-Ball

Colorado
    Major – MLB – FRrs – T-AF

Florida
    Rainey – HB – SOrs – Pro
    Pouncey – C – JR – Pro
    Dunlap – LE – JR – Pro
    Hines – Wr – FRrs – T-ULL
    Williams – WR – Sors – T-Duke

FSU
    McMahon – C – JRrs – Pro
    Fortson – WR – SO – T-ULM
    Commack – WR – SO – T-UCF
    Jones – HB – SO – T-GT

GT
    Burnett – SS – JR – Pro
    Morgan – LE – JR – Pro
    Dwyer – FB – JR – Pro
    Peterson – CB – SOrs – T-LTU
    Peeples – HB – SO – T-UK

LSU
    Levingston – LE – JRrs – Pro
    Joseph – TE – SOrs – T-Ark St
    Miami
    Cooper – HB – JR – Pro
    Horn – C – SOrs – T-ULM
    Chambers – HB – SOrs – T-Tul

Michigan
    Ezeh – MLB – JRrs – Pro
    Robinson – QB – FR – T-Army
    Anderson – CB – SOrs – T-ISU
    Leach – MLB – SOrs – T-WMU

Notre Dame
    Allen – HB – JR – Pro
    Posluszny – MLB – FRrs – T-SU
    Nwankwo – DT – SOrs – T-CMU

OSU
    Browning – RG – JRrs – Pro
    DiLillo – TE – FRrs – T-BC

OU
    Lewis – ROLB – SOrs – Pro
    Murray – HB – JRrs – Pro
    Beal – LE – JRrs – Pro

Wisconsin
    Clay – HB – SOrs – Pro
    Menga – ROLB – SOrs – T-Miz

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

GT loses 2 RB's but gains one back with the speedy FSU transfer...Denard Robinson to Army might be one of the all-time best/funniest/head scratching transfers I've ever seen, esp. since/because Shaun was telling Jello all along that Denard should transfer to Army. That's insane...

Oh yeah, Sam Bradford decided to stay for his senior season...Hooooo-Leeeeeee-Crap! Shocker! I had a little tiny thought in my little head that maybe, just maybe, that Sam would stay b/c of his injury.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I love it...I wish he didn't have to sit a year.

Next year he will be the clear starter. Can you imaging him running the fleXbox One? He is about 10 points faster than my current QB, who ran for 700 yards.

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

TY JONES...GOOD RIDDANCE. Don't worry, I have plenty of horses in the stable. BTW FSU IS NOW NOT DONE IN RECRUITING.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Damn lost my top 3 running backs.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I got pretty hosed. Lost my #2 QB (even though he started 1/3 of the games) and lost 2 MLBs, including my 108 tackle guy.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Ouch. Didn't think losing Clay was a big possibility. Big shoes to fill.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Wow. That's awesome for Shaun.

Hate to see Allen go, but I have some young guys who should slide in nicely.

Now, what to do with these new slots?

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Everyone recruit!!!!!11

Semi-joking... it would be nice to get through this quicker than every other season, but life exists outside of the game (so they tell me).

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I was rushing around last night and didn't really get a chance to look at this list closely. Some thoughts...

First, while a few got hurt a little bit, no one got absolutely killed. I'm glad we're not talking people back.

The loss of Dwyer really hurts G Tech, but it wasn't conpletely unexpected. Despite his stats being lower due to injury, he's an absolute beast. Picking up the FSU xfer (Jones) helps. That makes for quite a storyline 2 years from now.

I don't know what he was rated in the game, but Jon Major was a big time LB recruit for Colorado. I'm guessing the loss of him stings. Seems like he might have been a starter for CU next year (just a guess).

Michigan losing Ezeh isn't a surprise. Robinson to Army is one of the best things I've ever seen in an OD.

ND losing Allen hurts, but Robert Hughes is back for his Sr year and was getting half the carries anyway. We have 2 speedy freshmen who redshirted last year. Between them and Jonas Gray (who will be a RS soph), we should have decent RB's. Posluszny may have never played, and Nwankwo would have only provided depth this year, so no major losses there. I was VERY happy to see Clausen and Tate come back. I would have been ok without them, but I'd love to see Clausen make a Heisman run (or at least O'Brien).

Ohio St seemed to make out as well as anyone. Can't ever be surprised when a rsJR leaves, and I've never heard of DiLillo. Although if he's a receiving TE, he may be a significant loss given the complete lack of them on the recruiting board. I'll make him pay at BC.

OU gets Bradford back. Wow.

Losing Clay really stinks for Wisconsin. He's a stud, and only a rsSO.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That FR TE I lost was a good one. 82 OVR, decent speed and acceleration - a nice receiver. He would have been my second guy, but I run alot of two TE sets, so he would have seen the field a good bit.

Browning is decent, but has really slow feet and had trouble getting outside on the counter. Not real disappointed there.

I really thought my backup QB would leave, leaving Kenny Guiton (74 OVR) as my alternative to Pryor. But he stayed, so now I'll still be able to throw the ball if Pryor gets dinged.

I'm pretty happy about the results overall.

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Losing the TE does hurt then.

I use 2 TE's probably 60-70% of the time, and I'm concerned about what happens after next season if Rudolph goes pro. I'll be down to a rsSO and a rsFR (who looks to be very slow). I really hope some good pass catching TE's show up in recruiting next year.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I had a FRrs on my roster, too, who should be OK this year, but I really wanted two stud TE's. Now, though, I think Jake Stoneburner might give Rudolph a run, since I'll be looking his way at least five times a game.

I've been looking at the TE's with decent speed. Even if they're blocking guys (which they all are) I think they can develop if they have the natural abilities. I think I'm going to take a 3-star from Hawaii to replace DiLillo. If he's mid-70's, he'll be able to play in a couple years.

14. jello1717

For me, losing Robinson was big. With Forcier losing over half the season last year due to injury and the fact that in my offline dynasty I just lost him for at least 7 weeks in year 2, I'm scared about what'll happen when (not if) he gets hurt next year. Losing Robinson means that the :3stars: QB I stole from Miami this year can't redshirt and will also probably see some playing time.

Losing Ezeh isn't a surprise and was something I actually prepared for. My #2 guy, Kenny Demens, will be just as good as Ezeh. Losing my #3 MLB sucks though. He sucks ass and, ideally, would never see the field, but now with him gone, I'm left with 2 true FR as backups to Demens.

Losing my corner doesn't hurt too badly either. It's just losing the other 3 guys that really, really sucks.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I don't know what he's rated, but I'm guessing Stoneburner will be solid. Is he getting time at tight end for the real buckeyes this year?

I wish I would have taken more time last night to take videos. Rudolph had an incredible catch for a first down when he went high, got nailed, landed on his head, and held on. Both teams seemed to be getting a ton of high throws with amazing catches.

16. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

So your #2 & 3 MLBs will be true freshmen? Works if you're running a 4-3 or 3-3-5. I forget what you run. You really need Forcier and Demens to stay healthy.

17. jello1717

I play(ed) a multiple D with probably about 60% 4-3 and 40% 3-4 when I'm not in the nickle. Your memory is fuzzy because I started with a 3-3-5 until your team absolutely shredded my D on the ground so you made me switch defenses.

With the loss of Ezeh and Leach, I'm going to be full on 4-3 this year (probably with a lot more 5-2 than I ran last year with all of my stud DTs).

Keeping Demens healthy will be the same as keeping anyone else healthy. Keeping Forcier healthy will be a problem though. I'm not going to change my offense just so I can protect him so he's going to be running all over the place (last year, my #1 HB had 154 carries while my QBs combined for 148 carries) and he's going to get hurt. I'll just have to hope it'll never be anything serious since I've just become nearly paper thin at QB.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I don't think I got a video of that one, but I did get a couple pro-ND vids. Going to get to work on uploading that stuff now!

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That QB Heffner is going to be perfect for your system. Hes a real diamond in the rough, luckily for you I was on hiatus for a while because I had that guy locked up.

20. jello1717

Let me be the first to thank your for your hiatus. It turns out that you likely helped me out of a real bind. :D

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I had that kid slated as my next starter after Harris leaves.

22. jello1717

I really didn't want to go with a :3stars: QB, but this guy was the only one out there. There was a studly scrambler that was a :4stars: but he was a JUCO. With 2 current true FR QBs I didn't want a JUCO so I passed on him for Hefner. Now with Robinson gone, I wish I would've taken the JUCO instead.

23. jello1717

I'm soooooo bummed out! In my offline dynasty, Forcier is out for 7 weeks during year 2. Denard Robinson just rushed for 107 yards against Utah (including a 66 yard TD). He also threw for 190.

Denard, you will be missed!

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am just sad he has to sit a year.

25. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Damn it!! Dwyer leaving shocked alittle bit. I think it was because he had around 16 touchdowns on the year which hurt. I was shocked he left because of his injury issues.

Peeples leaving hurt was well. very good speedster out of the backfield.

Jones coming over is great. I could see it now.

JONES RUNS FOR 200 AND 3 TD's AS GT CLOBBERS FSU 31-14 .

That is unless he gets hurt like Dwyer did