Players Leaving

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I'll post the list when we advance.

Now, in the past, we didn't allow anyone to be swayed back. It was our way of punishing members for running up stats - run it up, and your guys go pro, and their backups transfer for lack of touches.

Now, last year, we allowed anyone under 90 to be swayed. I'd like to split the difference, but I can do what you guys want. I still want there to be a penalty for statting it up, but sometimes the CPU can cause a mass exodus that is not deserved. I've been thinking about it, and I thought I might try this:

6 star = may not sway
    5 star = may sway one going pro, and one transfer, both under 90.
    4 star = may sway any under 90.
    3 and below = may sway anyone.

*** no award winners may be swayed, ever ***
    *** BCS title winners may not sway ***

We could always start this next year, but I thought it might be a good plan going forward. Six stars have such an advantage in recruiting, that I thought removing the ability to sway might be more realistic, especially when we're about to go into a system that has no recruiting restrictions.

Overall, I think we've done well keeping the CPU relevant, but the top teams are starting to stack some ridiculous talent. I think, in real life, some of this talent would be moving around more than it currently is.

Anyway, I'd like to adjust, but I don't need to right now. We can follow the old plan tonight, if you guys want.

2. The Dude

As for the rest of the schedule, we advance once a day at 11pm. We'll move the rest of the schedule on Saturday, if there is anything left to do.

I can move every time we're 10/10, as long as we're in constant contact on the boards. I'm not leaving anyone out. But if att ten are green, I'll move.

Fair?

3. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

that works. Are you able to do the postseason via the website?

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

All recruiting can be done online... That's it though... I think...

And The Dude I'm down with the plan for recruiting... Like it... It may hurt me if I lose Royal, but I like it more than I don't like losing Royal.

5. The Dude

Typically, the best players leave. Typically, the best guys on the championship team cash in and leave also. Teams on the verge of a championship or on the edge of becoming a top tier team tend to exert more pressure for guys to stay put, I think.

Seems like this would represent that, to some extent. Plus, it (like the kickoff classic) makes it tougher for guys to repeat, which is probably good for everyone.

I just earned my sixth star, I think, so doing this in a year when I would actually be handicapping myself makes it a more credible change, since I'm included in those who would get the harsher treatment.

Maybe we should put it in place next year, and evaluate it once we get a year in with new recruiting rules. If we do better than 1-7-70, then I think we have to do something like this. If not, maybe we don't need any rules on swaying.

6. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

So what is the rule that we will be using for this offseason?

7. The Dude

You may sway anyone rated under 90, as long as they didn't win a major award.

8. The Dude

Advance might take a few more minutes. Easy and I have to get together on a team change. If we don't do it now, he won't be able to sway.

Bear with us please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.