Players leaving.....

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jello1717, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Damn!!!!!!!!!!

In my offline dynasty, following season1, Michigan has 2 SOs and 8 fucking FR that want to transfer due to playing time! This includes 6 true FR that are REDSHIRTING!!! These are all guys on the default rosters so I certainly didn't break any promises to them.

Most of these guys are a bitch to get to return. If it's the norm for redshirting FR to want to transfer it'll be tough.

I had a FR MLB who'd be #2 on my depth chart next year that I had to promise would play in at least 9 games next year (which was easy as he'll be a starter) and that he'd get 40+ tackles (which I hope like hell isn't solo tackles).

I had a FR FS that RSed this year. He's a 72 OVR and I return a 78 and an 84. I promised that he'd play in at least 6 games (which was a stretch) and he immediately told me he's leaving. In past games this dude would have no problem biding his time until he can start in a few years.

I had a TE that will be #1 next year. I promised him that he'd play in 9+ games and that wasn't enough. My only other option was to promise that he'd catch 20+, 30+, or 50+ passes. I promised 20+ (since I don't throw to TEs much) and he's leaving me. So a blocking TE (not a receiving TE) that will start next year is transferring away because he won't catch enough balls for me.

I'm clearly gonna have to figure out what to do with transfers. When it was all said and done, I was only able to talk 1 of those 10 guys into staying! For the rest of them, I had to make promises that I absolutely couldn't keep and they still left. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

Has anyone had luck with talking guys into staying? I read somewhere that they're extremely easy to talk into staying but as you can see, I was only able to convince 10% of my extremely high number of guys wanting to leave (you'd think I just hired Jerry Sandusky as my DC or something).

For the stats promises, I was promising the lowest ones, which I still wouldn't be able to keep. What are the penalties for breaking these promises? Should I just promise the most and not worry about breaking the promise?

Has anyone else seen this many guys trying to transfer? Have you also seen redshirters trying to leave?

Does this only happen in season 1 (when every CPU team has 2 open spots) and it's gone in seasons 2+ (when most CPU teams are full)?

Thanx!

Drifterbub, Shaun Mason, Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wow, Jello. Can't say I have seen that before. I went through like 6-8 seasons in two different offline dynasties and never saw anything like that.

3. jello1717

Hopefully it's not the norm. I've never seen someone that redshirted ask to transfer before (let alone 6 guys in 1 year!). I did a test recruiting season a couple of times and I don't remember seeing an excessive amount of transfers, but I'm also not sure that I even checked.

Do you have any insight on if excessive promises will get them to come back and what will happen when (not if, but when) I break those promises?

4. jello1717

I guess it doesn't matter what I promise them. I backed out and redid this. This time I promised all of them the most I could (IE. will play in 9+ games, get 120 tackles, 8 INTs, etc) and 8 of the 10 still left anyway.

[​IMG]

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    They all have different levels of wanting to leave. Sometimes they have their mind set on going.

I saw redshirt guys leave in NCAA '12. Expect to see it this year a lot more due to promises and being homesick.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nobody wants to play for Michigan.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

^^ Easily the logical reason

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

My first season with Miami I also had a couple redshirt freshmen leave. If I had 8+ like you I might freak out...guess we can't just redshirt them all anymore huh?

9. Jordan Kleinedler

Jordan Kleinedler Walk On

Thats a tough situation, I had read this before I entered my first offseason. When I went to players leaving I had one guy want to leave for the draft with no transfer requests. (I am Clemson) But when I looked at Michigans transfer requests they had 9 players all wanting to transfer. And they were all Freshman, so maybe its a Michigan thing?

10. jello1717

It sounds like it. Someone else said they had the same thing happen in their Michigan dynasty.

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Just to follow up on this Drifterbub Shaun Mason , I think the players leaving logic is pretty messed up.

In PFP I had two projected starters (one who was redshirted, one who was not) leave because of playing time. One of whom, a TE, is 12 overall points higher than any returning TE I have and was NOT redshirted. So they transfer to an inferior program and sit a year instead of staying and starting this upcoming year for a major program?

Meanwhile USC, Oregon, FSU, and Miami lost no underclassmen to the draft. It seems underclassmen don't get mocked as high, and are way too easy to bring back. Understandable that this isn't quite right, seeing as it's really the first year of the mock stuff, but it definitely needs work.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Also, a 52 overall LB left UTSA and transferred into LSU for playing time. :confused:

• Like Like x 2