Players of the Week: Week 9

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Sep 25, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well, I lost but Le'Veon Bell had a great game.

HB Le'Veon Bell
    29 Carries 178 Yards 2TDs

And thats with a shitastic offensive line.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

HB Adonis "Slasher" Smith

22 carries 188 yds 2 TDs (and we won :))

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Denard Robinson 200 total yards and 2 TDs

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

HB Anthony Wilkerson - 33 Att, 317 yards, 3 TD

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Haha....wasn't there a discussion about carries earlier this season??

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I guess it depends on who the user is

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well when my QB can't throw worth a damn, what do you expect me to do?

BUT I did make mistake. When I subbed in all of my backups I forgot Wilkerson was indeed my backup, thus giving him more carries. I think Randiesel75 can vouch that my passing game is not even close to what it was last season.

And this was against Washington State, they couldn't stop a thing once I got going. If I had 33 carries and only 100-150 yards against a quality team, you wouldn't have said anything.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

WR Dan Buckner went crazy! 4 receptions for over 160 yards, 3 TDs and also had a rushing TD on a Jet Sweep. I saved the highlight of an AMAZING Fade Route catch with :00 (i think) on the clock for the half. It was disgusting.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

No, I'd say something like, Haha....wasn't there a discussion about carries earlier this season?

I think GoGators had a few stats to back it up.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The discussion earlier was about having 30+ carries every game. Yes, Maslers guy had a statistical anomaly of a game, but that happens every once in a while especially against bad teams. End discussion.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Probably, wouldnt expect this weekly anyway. Its a crime if you handoff too much these days i guess

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Gators brought it up to me because I had over 30 carries to the same guy and took it out a step further for guys who have over 300 in a season. Its not really a big deal, imo.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Me neither. It's a style of play factor more than anything else. The only criticism in this case is that he wasnt pulled from the game in a blowout, but masler admitted as much.

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

This is my problem too because Wingo is essentially gone for the season so my Backup gets 90% of the carries even if I sub in 2nd string. My 3rd HB has little to no stamina and after 2 carries is out for a while.

15. GoGators

Stat Whore!!!

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

IMO if you want to run the ball 40 times a game and pass only a few time, more power to you. That IMO is better than someone throwing 40 times and running it less than 10.

Its kind of funny because I had a hard time last season, and up until last week running the ball and all of a sudden after Wingo goes down I end up tearing it up on the ground. Hopefully this trend sticks.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My ideal offense =[ haha

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I agree, the backups always seem to play better at times. Taylor is expected back next week and will be splitting handoffs with Wilkerson.I wonder If both get 15-20 carries, which is what I am planning, is that going to be an issue. I like to pass as well but dont have success this year, Nunes isnt half of what Luck was. Then if you do that plus 30 attempts from your QB in, lets say a 7 point win over a solid team, is that also bad? The fact that your offense was balanced and in sync to beat a good team.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

and that is why you lose all of your user games, except against Randi.....lol

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't think it would be, since your spreading the ball around.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I beat Suge too. And from what Jello is saying, his team is way down and I feel like i'll be competitive with him again. And I'll probably play Masler in the Championship game so we'll see how it works out.

22. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I disagree with this and find the trend in this league pretty funny. I always have been and always will be a run first guy and will always run it whether it's effective or not. But, when you run from under center in this game (which I don't) I unquestionably consider that "easy mode." Now that passing is more difficult, a lot of users are now switching to easy mode under center rushing (even GoGators who LOVES to pass, but when he was unable to, not only did he switch to running, but he even switched to under center rushing). Another example is UofCWildcat who is a self-admitted "pass master" who is now running the ball all the time since that's the easy thing to do.

When I read this:
    I think I died a little bit inside.

23. GoGators

Doesn't your playbook have the maryland I and other I-formations in it???

I don't understand how you're calling me out and saying "a lot of users are now switching to easy mode under center rushing" and then accused me of switching to under center rushing when you don't see my games and only see the stat lines. Yes, I like to run the spread offense and toss it around. However, that was infinitely easier to do at UF where I had stud QBs and WRs that created mismatches all over the field. At NU however, that's not the case. My QB blows! And my OL can't pass block! I try to keep things balanced but after he threw 4 INTs in my game before MSU, I haven't been as comfortable going to him. Also, playing MSU and jumping out to a huge lead and then playing Houston with a broken no huddle play calling system provided incentive to keep things on the ground and chew up clock.

Additionally, w/o my custom playbooks, I've been using the BYU playbook. It's an air raid book w/ a couple I-formations that I do use to run the ball. However, I still have probably a third of my runs coming from the shotgun.

Lastly, Trumpy is by far the best player on my offense, so he's definitely going to be the focal point. So in my eyes, it's not so much "switching to easy mode" as you've claimed, but switching up my system to better accommodate my roster. Next year I'll finally have a QB on my roster capable of running the offense I want to run so over the next couple seasons I'll definitely be migrating back to my all spread style thank you very much. I just don't have the horses to do it with right now. (playing from under center is the most mundane thing I've ever done in this game....how you guys do it every season is beyond me haha)

And to your point, yeah, I think it's probably a bit too easy to run from under center and would fully support a slight uptick in the sliders to increase the difficulty there. It's clearly a crutch that people are moving to since the difficulty of running vs passing isn't balanced like it should be.

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'll respond. In Night Owls, I am Tulane. We all started with 1 star teams. I run Duke's playbook as a pass-first balanced attack. I'm out of the pistol or shotgun about 75-80% of the time. I'm playing to my personnel at Wisconsin, which is a run first balanced pro style attack. Its easier to run at Wisconsin because that's what my team is built for.

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You kids and your useless arguments :p

I have already bumped the CPU sliders up across the board and decreased the threshold to 40. This will take affect with tonight's advance. I've noticed the "running crutch" since the beginning of season 1 and am still attempting to curb it.