Players of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Aug 29, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Players of the Week

Welcome to this week's edition of Players of the week. We will be spotlighting several key players from this week's action. Player's that have helped their team to victories.

First off we have

Halfback Leonard Mason out of Colorado State. Mason gained 182 yards and scored 2 touchdowns in a game the Rams needed to win. With the way he controlled the clock, the Rams edged the UNLV Rebels 24-19.

Halfback Donald Buckram from Texas-El Paso. Buckram helped the Miners to a victory by rushing for 147 yards and scoring 2 touchdowns. Buckram allowed the Miners to have a balanced attack.

Wide Receiver Roddell Carter from UAB. Even though they lost out in a tough hard nosed game against the Miners, Carter caught 7 passes for 199 yards and a score. UAB coaches were thrilled with his performance this week.

Halfback Brynn Harvey out of UCF. This Knight gained 171 yards on the ground and scored 2 TDs. With Harvey's running, the Knights were able to pound the rock and tire out the Thundering Herd defense.

Quarterback Nick Fanuzzi from Rice University. The days of the Rice Owls simply being a running team are over. Fanuzzi was 21/36 for 355 yards and 3 TDs on the afternoon. This kind of leadership helped the Owls outlast the Houston Cougars.

The Wyoming Cowboy Defense. These guys were out for a vengeance this week against the Utah Utes. Timely hitting that forced 2 fumbles, and knocked out the Utah QB. What more could you ask for?

Ok guys..if you have a favorite let's hear it, or a nominee! This week's winner will be announced before next weeks' show!!

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Donald Buckram.. that dude is for real... he shredded my Owl D 2 weeks ago =/

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

My boys on defense. They have an attitude problem now and i like it.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Nothing wrong with a little attitude on defense. That is a big game shutting down the Utah offense.

Mike

5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Rice upset Houston in the Battle for the Bayou Bucket!?! - Nice one T2

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I am actually going to throw out one for my guy Leonard Mason. Starting halfback, John Mosure, both an impact player and our senior leader, went down last week with an injury. Mason stepped up huge in this game, filling in a spot that I was really unsure of. He had not run very well up until now in his relief role of Mosure.

Mike

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Brynn Harvey rolled over the Aztecs... alot of people do... but he did it with gusto!

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

From everything I have seen, Brynn Harvey is a beast.

Mike

9. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Nick Fanuzzi adds another 300 yard game for rice vs UCF!

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    While there were some great players in week 7, I am going to say that MY POTW goes to the Wyoming Defense. I love the attitude they showed in their game against UTAH..and to beat Utah is HUGE.

Coming soon...POTW Week 8 (once some more games are finished)..If you have a nominee post it up!

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    fanuzzi looks great..when did Rice become an aerial attack?!