Playing NCAA with a headset

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by ItsAllAboutTheU, May 16, 2012.

1. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

So I know for a lot of us football fans that capturing the unique atmosphere of a college football stadium on game day is a very important issue for the NCAA series. I have a tip that might help you feel more immersed during your gaming experience and that is to play with a headset. Now I'm not talking the standard Xbox headset; i'm referring to a serious, surround sound headset. I personally have a set of Tritton AX720s and they really do enhance the atmosphere for me. Everything is a little louder, it feels like it's coming from all around me and the band music is better imo.

I know not everyone wants to go out and spend $180 on a headset just for an improvement in game day atmosphere but if you are, trust me it does work. Just though I'd share my experience with you guys.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    ItsAllAboutTheU

Good advice. I've heard this from other people as well. Should be even better with NCAA 13.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I would agree, with the audio enhancements in Madden 13, it is a real treat to wear a headset.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

By far my turtle beach was best gaming item I have gotten in last few years. For me its nice as I am deaf in one ear , so it gives me closest thing to surround sound a normal hearing person would have. I bought it for shooters but the sports games kick ass with them. FIFA is outstanding, the stadium crowd noise is epic, on 2K I can hear shit talking on the court & sneakers cutting when guys cut. Did not try it with NCAA but its half decent with madden.

Also, it gives you good quality as well if you stream netflix (y)

Only downside ......... it really makes you feel extra bad about yourself when Drifterbub yells at you for being out of form during FIFA clubs lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I'd love to get a sweet pair of headphones. I used to always use them when playing PC games like counterstrike and COD.

I may even wear them when not gaming just to tune out the wife. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've got a nice pair of Turtles I use for talking, when I don't need a microphone I use my Bose QC15's.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Hm I've never tried using a decent headset with the xbox. Might be the way to go.

8. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

So.... was thinking of getting one of these..... How do they work? I just plug it into the controller and I have game audio + chat audio? Or do I have to set it up in some other way?

Basically, I virtually always play when the family is in bed so I play most games with no sound, a Turtle Beach for $60 seems like it would work wonders for me since I could hear the game as loud as I want and not disturb the fam.

10. Wyrmreaver

Reading a few reviews online it sounds like they are nice but that I will have a bunch of cables all over the place..... my TV is 8-10 feet from where I sit, is that gonna be a problem?

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

No. As long as you keep the cord you're not using wound up a bit, it's not too bad.

The cheaper ones (like $50) work as well for this.

12. Wyrmreaver

Thanks Killer :) , i'm pretty sure I'll get them, it sounds like they will be perfect for me

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

spring for the cordless if you ask me .... it has USB that plugs into xbox, then the headset picks it up from infrared , plug headset into xbox like the standard and you are done. Now I would assume if you get one that is not wireless it sould likely have even better sound, but cannot confirm such (y)

14. Wyrmreaver

How much is the cordless? I have a relatively limited game budget at the moment and the $60 one sounds like a deal, but I'd prefer the cordless if it isn't too much more.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I got mine used at my local gamestop style store for I wanna say 45$ ? it's been a while. Could always look on amazon or whatnot, sure somebody has one for sale

16. Wyrmreaver

That sounds doable.... thanks dan (y)

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

man I can even hear woodpeckers (no homo) fucking tree's up on TW lol , its pretty bad ass

18. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Everyone keep in mind that if you don't need a mike there are far better headphones for much less money out there.

20. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I agree I use these as well for all my gaming on 360 since I use a monitor that doesn't even have speakers. They work great and are a great addition (any good headset would be) though mine were $130.

21. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Such as? This is what I'm interested in. I usually don't car to talk to anyone unless it's a team thing and even then, only with people I know.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  23. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  25. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

For people asking how the headset works, and I'm speaking from my experience, basically you'll have a base that plus into an outlet and your gaming console. The actual headset is linked to the base and has a mix amp which controls game volume, chat volume and your mic on/off. That is of course if you don't get a wireless headset.

Tritton Headsets for Xbox: http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/xbox.asp
    Tritton Headsets for PS3: http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/ps3.asp