Playing on Both 360 & PS3

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BadaBing319, Sep 21, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Playing on Both 360 & PS3

Question for those that have both a 360 and a PS3 - how big of a challenge is it to go between systems when playing Madden or NCAA? I'm considering picking up a PS3 for MLB the Show and there's a Madden bundle right now at Best Buy for the PS3 250GB + Madden 11 for $350. Is it tough going back and forth between the 360 controller and the Sony controller?

2. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I had both systems for a long time. I ended up selling my 360. I prefer the PS3 controller, Live is much better than PSN though.

Its is worth paying for the system, if your a bIg Basball guy..

MLB the Show is by far the best baseball game Although I thought last years game was a little better than this years. Looking forward to next years game and hopefully TF will get a League going

To answer your question, No I did nt have a problem going back and forth

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I was a PS3 exclusive owner for almost 3 years. In March, I bought a 360 to become part of a 4-man Battlefield 2 online MP squad. Since the purchase of the 360, I can honestly say that I hardly ever play the PS3 anymore unless I am playing MLB The Show or watching a BD. Besides the XBL cross-game chat capabilities (private and party), the 2nd biggest thing was going to the 360 controller for its button layout.

But, I will take you it took me a long time to become comfortable with the 360 controller. I still to this day have to occasionally look down to see the layout of the letters and colors as I was programmed on PS3 for years. Even now that I am pretty much exclusive to the 360, it still gets me mixed up. So I can only imagine if you are jumping from platform to platform it will be just tough. Then again, this question is really up to the individual, right? Perhaps I am a slow learner when it comes to controller adoption versus another individual.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I hate the analog placement on the PlayStation controller so I copped this stick and it has been smooth sailing going back and forth.

[​IMG]

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

for me, it's really tough. I mean... seriously, massively tough.

I was a long-time PS owner and then when the "new" systems came out I didn't get one for awhile. But I went to one of the Madden things in Orlando back when i was a part of the inner circle... They had a tournament on the Xbox 360 version of Madden which by the way I had never played.

A lot of these guys are the in-person, "in your face" style Madden ballers who shout in your face every big play and boy was it comical as I just got my ASS handed to me because i seriously had absolutely no clue where I was going with the ball anytime I passed, with some turd just screaming in my face after every big play. Bragging and showing people up over a video game... Something I'll never get with till the day I die. It's a fucking game dude! It's like if you were good at Candyland, would you brag about that shit!? You're not on the field motherfucker you're in front of a television set with a bunch of other no-lives who should also be concentrating on their careers and families! shit. That was a bad fuckin day lol.

I eventually bought a 360, and it then took me another year and a half or so before I was good at picking out the receiver icons and pressing the correct button. I'm not joking.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    [youtube]LCYPGnJdO1U[/youtube]

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Where do you find this stuff !

"headshot, bitch"

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Now thats Hillarious(y)

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have PS3 and xbox and play avidly on both. I honestly don't have any difficulty playing back and forth between consoles but I do see a bit difference in the way the game is played on both.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I d/l'ed the demo on 360 cause it was out a day early. Had never tried any sports game on it and I REALLY sucked. I was just a button-mashing mess in every aspect.

Went back to the ps3 for a few demo games before release and felt right at home.

11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

agreed. I will say I prefer xbox 360 over ps3 because the game just feels like it runs smoother on xbox to me probably because of how much better xbox live is. If the game is avail on both systems I get it for xbox 360.

12. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

LMAO!!

13. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I juggle back and forth between PS3 and 360 and don't really have a problem with doing it. The overall layout between the two controllers are pretty similar the only tangible difference is the size of the two. The only real issue for me is that "X" on PS3 is not the same as "X" on 360. So, occasionally I'll throw the ball to the wrong receiver because of the button layout being different.

14. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I have had both systems for about a year now.

I don't play the PS3 a lot any more. Aside from The Show and God of War III I play everything on the 360 - especially sports games. Live is just that much better than the PS3.

With that said, the PS3 is a great media center - which is what I use it for the most. Streaming movies from my computer, watching streaming Netflix and watching Blu-Rays make me never regret dropping cash on it.