Playing With Rival

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 13, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Playing With Rival

I don't know if I'm going overboard with this but would you guys play in a league with your real life school's rival? I was doing my daily league surfing and I stopped in a thread in which they were choosing schools. They were naming top 3 and I noticed an aOSU fan had Indiana and Michigan as two of their top 3. No ohio state. I just found that mind blowing. As a Michigan fan just the thought of being forced to use them in a league makes me vomit in my mouth. I'd rather eat shyt and be raped by meekrats. But maybe that's just me:confused:

Do you guys play as your school's rival or even willing to play with them in an OD?

PS- If you ever want Jerzey outta ya league or don't want me to join just tell me I can't play with Michigan and I have to choose a Big 10 school or the Irish. You'll never hear from me again:D

2. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, I would rather burn myself then play an OD as tOSU. Maybe a mess around game but never anything serious.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

OSU never....I played as wisconsin in the deuce in the 09 game though...

4. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

Doesnt bother me, but as a USF fan, we dont have any "real" rivals to be honest.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Playing with UGLY or ND...just shoot me now...

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I'd rather take a taser to the groin than play as Meatchicken, ND, or Florida.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Agreed. I'd rather not play the game at all then have to play with Michigan.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I only played with FSU once since this game was Bill Walsh's college football and that was when Peter Warrick was on the team (see list in the countdown thread for explination). I have never played with Tenn or UGA. Couldn't stand to here Glory or Rocky Top play everytime i did something.

9. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Admitedly, I did use Florida in an OD and an off-line Dynasty last year. Although they are not a true rival. I don't think there's a Buckeyes fan that can stand that ugly gator chop.

10. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i could never play with ohio st. that would just be hell. any other big 10 team i am okay with. not michigan as much. penn st's big rival is ohio st, so i avoid them (no offense to minnesota)

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I wouldn't avoid using Michigan because they are OSU's rival, I just wouldn't use them because they are a bad football team with a bunch of bad QB's. I hate Florida but I will be using them for a second season in Coast to Coast.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Never never never! I wouldn't even play in the SEC if I wasn't UF. Nor would I ever use FSU or Miami. It just wouldn't feel right. I played as FSU in the demo just to check out their playbook and refused to score a TD, just running OB inside the 5.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I could care less who I use

14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Being a diehard Hawkeye, I have played using Iowa State. Now who I will not use, is basically anybody else from the Big10. The Iowa State thing is state pride, and I wanted to use a more difficult school in a wide open dynasty.

Mike

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Now here is the burning question: How many of you guys actually attended "your" University and how many of you guys are T-shirt fans who just want to hate on other institutions?

I went to Texas A&M and although I would prefer not to play as Texas, it wouldn't kill me either. I can't stand Mack Brown's corn-colored teeth or Colt McCoy's puppy face, but that doesn't mean I don't respect them as a program.

I'm all for rivalries and competition; I live for it. However, some of you guys have borderline narcissism against another institution. It's a video game. If your answer to the question I presented at the top of this post is in the latter half, then I'm curious as to what other things that you proudly bolster that you also have no true affiliation with...

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Can't do it either Jerzey...

You know how hard I'm hunting to snag the Wolverines in a TF league too. I have used Sparty in BfR a few months ago. Basically, I'll use anyone but OSU. Haven't had to use ND, but like playing against them. More of a respect thing with the Irish. Wouldn't mind playing with them I guess.

I hate the Buckeyes though. No way would I be able to.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm a Michigan alum, and just dislike OSU and would strongly prefer not playing with them. I love the rivalry, don't get me wrong, just kind of feel like I'm a traitor for playing with the Bucks though. That's all... I respect OSU, but love to hate them more.

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Drifter, I moved to Iowa when I was 20, never went to school there, I just became a fan. I had always been a fan of college football, just never really had a team. When I moved away from PA, I moved into a Hawkeye family, and was surrounded by a state that loved its football. It really helped that I started watching the year before Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and the rest of them had that amazing season. They kind of grew on me. Then I got to be there for the Cap One bowl where Tate to Holloway happened, and the love, joy, and pride of wiping the smirk off of Nick Saban's face, along with the collective whoosh felt through the stadium as LSU fan's almost died in their seats, really set in stone my love of this team. The work ethic of a guy like Kirk Ferentz, and just the ability to take undiscovered talent and cultivate a great player, that to me is what a college football program is supposed to be.

As far as hating the others, not really, just that there is no one I would rather use, in the Big10, than the Hawkeye's. I would honestly use Northwestern, because even though they have made me a miserable Hawk fan for a week many times over, I still like the way Pat Fitzgerald runs that program, and the way they play week in and week out. But still no tOSU. LOL

19. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

LSU alum, can't play with Bama, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arky, Georgia, Tennessee, or USC. Notre Dame is close to being on this list along with Texas.

Penn State is probably my 2nd favorite team followed by Nebraska and A&M.

[​IMG]

Having Saban decide to leave on Christmas and this happen on New Years really ruined my holidays that year, lol. (n)

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lol agreed...

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This, just flip the teams and remove "alum", LOL.

I will start playing with the Ohio Northern Polar Bears as soon as they become D1.:)

22. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i plan on going to penn state for college, so i guess i'm already prepping, haha. the only team i really mind is ohio state. other big 10 teams intrigue me when it comes to using them in video games. i really like wisconsin's, northwestern's, and indiana's play styles and those are the big 10 teams i would use if my nittany lions were not available.

23. Badger 8th

Badger 8th Walk On

I would have attended "my" university (Wisconsin) if my family had the money for 40 grand/year out of state tuition. I still have "what if" daydreams about it all the time. My grades were definetly good enough to get accepted into MSU, probably U of M too, but we couldn't afford it, so that's why I'm going to Northern Michigan. Does that make me less of a fan than you?

I don't mean to insult you but it hurts to be labeled a "T-shirt fan".

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would never play as aOSU or any other Big Ten team in an OD. That would be the worst punishment imaginable. That also goes for ND as well. I'd rip my skin off before I played with either of them.

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll be attending Michigan once I get out the military in four years. I'm actually about to attend Penn State (online) and use that good ol' GI bill and finish up at the love of my life.

My question is: When did you have to go to that school in order to be a fan of it? That makes no sense IMO. Not all of us are privileged or have the opprotunity to attend most of the universities we adore. I had to go to Iraq and pray an IED didn't go off or one of the rockets didn't rain down on me for my opprotunity, others may never get that chance. Sittin' on that couch every Saturday may be the closest any of us ever come to our favorite college football team and I bet most of us are probably better fans than some of the kids that attend the school.

I understand the respect aspect of it but we're grown men discussin' football to question a man's character or life is premature. Not tryin' argue with you because I know this is your site but since I'm one of the ones who hasn't attended their favorite school I felt as though that was directed towards me, a "T-Shirt" fan.

Ray