Playoff contenders

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

There are a number of user teams making a push for postseason glory - here are some of the storylines:

Eastern Conference
    NY Knicks makinpropel - currently sitting at #2 in the East, sandwiched between the surging Heat and Bulls. He will be an interested observer in what happens with the Magic in the bottom half of the bracket, but the Knickerbockers have been struggling a bit lately. Can they hold on to 1st round home court?

Orlando Magic Bondzai007 - fighting tooth and nail to stay in the playoffs. He's sitting in 8th with a 2 game lead over the Raptors. Yes, you read that right, the Raptors may make the playoffs. Bond has 7 straight user games upcoming (or so he told me last night), so his chance to make the postseason will be up to how his team performs in that stretch.

Western Conference
    Golden State Warriors bucsfan047 - continues to march along at a great clip, and he's sitting pretty at the top spot out West. His team's recent shooting struggles in user games have to concern him if he meets up with any of the other user teams in the playoffs though.

Oklahoma City Thunder Mike E - has dropped from 4th to 6th in the West due to some recent struggles, but he still has 2 of the best players in the conference and should be safe for a playoff berth.

Los Angeles Clippers Dru50 - the Clippers are surging following the flurry of trades earlier in the season, and the new look roster is really taking shape. LA is playing great defense and has moved from a lottery team to a tie for the 7th seed.

Sacramento Kings JFace907 - recently fell out of the 8th spot, but a huge matchup with the Clippers could get him right back into the playoff picture.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dru50

No discussion on this at all? :(

The Clippers win against Sac-town last night gives them the tie-breaker edge with the Kings and effectively a 2 game lead with about 13 games to play. The Mavericks, who are also about 1.5 games back of the 8th seed, have me worried because they have 18 games left I believe and could out-distance me if they play well.

Bondzai007 - Are you making the playoffs or have you fallen out of the running?

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

All i know is, if the Kings miss the playoffs, expect some serious trading going on, on draft day. Tyreke Evans could possibly be yours!

• Like Like x 1
  4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

The East is so bottled up. A team could go from 2nd or 3rd to 6th or 7th in only 2 losses. Still have no idea what the playoff projections would be for the teams. The Knicks are hoping to get at least 3rd, and play the Bucks first round. May be wishful thinking though.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I actually like my chances of making a run with Memphis , I think I can win most of my user games left if I can ever get on , and my last 8-10 games are CPU games where I should win most of them , Dru50 JFace907
    better not slip up !

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Heh, i've already slipped up.

7. Dru50

I can definitely fall out of contention if I lose 2-3 of my last 4 user games. I've got like 8-9 CPU games left, but I'm not overly concerned about most outside of the game I have with Houston. My next CPU game against the Bucks will be telling, if I can handle them, I'm confident that someone you will have to go on a pretty nice winning streak to catch me.

8. Dru50

If you decide to deal him, make sure to talk to me. I don't know if we could work a deal out, but he would totally fit in with what I'm doing with my team. A backcourt of Tyreke at PG, Terrance at SG and Paul George at SF would be a nightmare defensively for other teams.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If we both miss playoffs JFace907 maybe we can swing some draft day trades to amuse ourselves lol

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

No offense... but I'm rooting like hell for the Kings to miss the playoffs.

11. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I expect my Warriors will drop a few spots in the coming days, maybe land in the 3-4 seeds. btw JFace907 Tyreke for Al Jefferson has a certain ring to it doesnt it?

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Sounds like a ref's whistle constantly blowing the tandem of Cousins and Jefferson for 3 seconds...

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm trying to knock off some of the borderline playoff teams for Bondzai...whether he can capitalize or not is not on me :)

14. Dru50

Looks like Sacramento and Memphis are out of the chase unless they win out.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Both owners may be currently daydreaming about the Cavs :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Right now things are falling apart for the Thunder...We cannot buy a win and Kevin Durant is nowhere to be found. If not for the otherworldly play from Westbrook and Harden lately, we may just as well not be in the playoff hunt.

Seriously, KD cannot hit a damn thing! It is quite puzzling