Playoff Hopefuls NFC

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by maniac13, Jan 4, 2013.

1. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Playoff Hopefuls NFC

With the regular season winding down, teams are competing for playoff position and the chance to compete for the Lombardi trophy. This year in the NFC most of the teams to get into the playoffs have been decided due to the separation in record from the top 7 teams to the bottom 9 teams barring a late season collapse. But the top seeds are still up for grabs and no one knows how the seeding will end up. Let's take a look at the teams hoping to gain playoff position as the season comes to an end.

1. Detroit Lions- The Lions have the most potent offense in the NFL led by Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson aka Megatron. They have put up a league high 459 points and are currently on a six game win streak. They are neck and neck with the Vikings for the NFC North lead and have split both games with the Vikings. No one wants to face this offense right now.

2. Arizona Cardinals- The Cardinals have the second highest scoring offense in the NFL behind the legs of Daryl Richardson and Ryan Williams. With both backs producing it makes it tough on opposing defenses to defend when a fresh running back can come in while the other is resting. They are currently tied with San Francisco, who they split both games with, for the NFC West lead and it looks like this race will come down to week 17.

• Like Like x 2
  2. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

3. Minnesota Vikings- The Vikings have the second stingiest defense in the league having allowed only 178 points this season. As mentioned earlier they are tied with Detroit atop the NFC North division. The Vikings are led by the immortal Kurt Warner who has come out of retirement to have a magnificent season while throwing the ball to Randy Moss and Percy Harvin. The addition of Warner has taken pressure off of Adrian Peterson to carry the team. Watch out for this team full of veterans in the playoffs.

4. San Francisco 49ers- The 49ers are currently the hottest team in the NFC having won ten straight games. They have won with a strong running attack anchored by Frank Gore and with a strong defense led by Patrick Willis. This team continues to heat up as the season progresses and looks to head into the postseason with a full head of steam.

5. Carolina Panthers- The Panthers are tied with the Falcons atop the NFC South at 8-4 apiece. They split the season series with them and this race will be decided in the final weeks. Carolina sports one of the league's top defenses and is captained by the versatile Cam Newton who has 20 total touchdowns on the season and is their leading rusher. With Cam at the helm of the offense the Panthers are always dangerous in any game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

6. Atlanta Falcons- Atlanta has one of the league's more versatile offenses with Matt Ryan at quarterback with two number one caliber receivers in Julio Jones and Roddy White, and a strong running game in the durable Michael Turner. Couple that offense with a solid defense and that leads to a competitive team. Nobody wants to play in the Georgia Dome at this time of the year.

7. New York Giants- Currently perched atop the NFC East the Giants look primed for another late season run. It has been an up and down season for the Giants, but everyone knows that they don't flip the switch until right about now. The Giants have shown when they do flip the switch that they can beat anyone regardless of homefield advantage, and that Eli is one of the elite quarterbacks in the playoffs.

8. Dallas Cowboys- The Cowboys are two games back from New York in the East, so barring a Giants late season collapse more than likely won't make the playoffs, but it should be noted since the new coach has taken over Dallas is on a two game win streak and looking to force their way in. Look for Tony Romo to continue his December greatness as Dallas tries to sneak its way in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

The Vikings are old some someone is bound to get hurt soon :) That would help all of our chances in the NFC ... lol

Nice write up maniac13 ... I was just looking over our conference a little bit ago ... definitely intriguing

• Like Like x 3
  5. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Thanks man I just figured I would take a look at the playoff situation and saw it was crowded at the top of the NFC. I plan to do one for the AFC as well. Do you know how I could fit it all into one post? When I was making the new post it wouldn't allow me to hit enter after awhile and when I previewed the format I didn't like it so I just made three posts haha.

6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I have won eleven straight heading into week 14 :cool:

I like the write up though. Should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

My bad. Or did you just play? Lol

8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Wait maybe I miss counted lol sorry

9. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

My bad. Not yours lol

• Like Like x 1