Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Playoff Race

So were is everybody at in there division/conference playoff race. As for the NFC West

Niners lead the division but have key games vs Seattle and St Louis. They can extend there division lead by beating Seattle this week and can probably clinch if they continue to win before the St Louis game.

Seattle is in 2nd place and can take division control by beating the niners this week as they own the tiebreaker. They have a big game against the Titans near the end of the season that could determine if they play in the postseason.

St Louis is in 3rd and have already lost this week to the Bears which was huge. They already have a split with Seattle and are down 1 vs SF. They need some wins to get back in this race but they are not too far out but have games vs the 49ers and Titans ahead.

Cardinals can play spoiler to anyone of these teams.

Prediction

1. 49ers
    2. Seahawks
    3. Rams
    4. Cards

2. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

I'm pretty content winning my division. The wheels would have to fall completely off and the Saints would need to win out...the loss to the Jets was a bit of a wakeup call though.

If the NFC North stays the way it is, then I'm not really looking forward to playing the Vikings in the Wildcard matchup...

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

Why would it change?

4. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

One think to keep in mind. OF does not follow NFL tiebreakers. No one knows what the hell it does but I can confirm it is not right.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

the Titans have clinched the AFC South. With a record of 10-1 the Titans, Ravens, and Dolphins appear to be in a battle for home field advantage. The overall AFC playoff picture is a pretty tight race.

Division leaders as of now are
    Baltimore, Miami, Tennessee, and Oakland.

The two wildcard spots basically have three teams shooting for them and those teams are : Denver, Buffalo, and Cincy. My picks are going to be Denver and Cincy getting in. Denver may still win the AFC West, but the other three divisions appear to be all but locked up.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Gaddy. . .you should have waited until after our game tomorrow to post this. If I pull the upset, I will be in charge of the division with basically a game lead with 4 games left. :) Can't wait.

7. Millertime

Millertime Guest

So the Jets still have hope??? (y)

8. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Predicition remains the same. That fumble was HUGE!!!!!!

9. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Jeez, what's going to happen in the NFC East!?!?

10. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

We in the NFC East don't psrticipate in such discussions. We let our records speak for themselves, and just let what happens, happen.

The only thing thiat is garunteed is that the Eagles will finish last.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Basically the Giants, Redskins, Seahakws, Rams, and Vikes are all fighting for 2 Wildcard spots. . .

Giants, Vikes, and Skins have brutal finishing schedules. Hoenstly it is set up nicely for the NFC West teams to make a run.