Playoff Scenario Breakdown

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by HAL9100, Nov 26, 2012.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

#1 [​IMG]

The Broncos have clinched a bye and are likely the #1 seed. If they get upset by the 1-14 Bills, then it may be possible for them to fall to the #2 spot.

#2 [​IMG]

The Jaguars control their destiny for the #2 spot. A win over the Falcons will clinch a bye, but a loss to the Falcons would leave the #2 spot up for a tiebreaker with the Jets. It's uncertain who has the advantage for the tiebreaker.

#3 [​IMG]

The Jets have clinched the #3 spot at worst. They'll be hoping for a Falcons upset of the Jaguars to get a shot at the #2 seed.

#4 [​IMG] / [​IMG]

The Browns have already won this week to make them 10-6 and with a slight advantage. The Bengals have the divisional tiebreaker over the Browns though so they'll be able to win the AFC North with a win over the Steelers.

#5 & #6 [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG]

The Browns have clinched a playoff spot. So if they don't win the division, they will take a wildcard spot and get the #5 seed. The winner of the Patriots and Chargers game will make the playoffs. If they tie, then the Chargers should get it in, and if the Bengals lose to the Steelers, then the Patriots would also get in with a tie. The Bengals will make the playoffs win or lose as long as the Patriots and Chargers game doesn't tie.

[​IMG]

#1 [​IMG]

The Rams have clinched the #1 spot.

#2 [​IMG]

The Packers have clinched the #2 spot.

#3 [​IMG]

The Cowboys have already played this week to give them the advantage on the #3 spot. The Falcons can tie the Cowboys for the #3 spot and the favorable position of not having to play the 49ers in the wildcard round. Madden 12 didn't do the tiebreakers past conference record correctly, so for now, I'm considering it essentially a coin toss should these teams end up tied.

#4 [​IMG]

The Falcons have clinched the NFC South and will be the #4 seed at worst. A win over the Jaguars would tie them with the Cowboys for the #3 seed.

#5 [​IMG]

The 49ers have clinched the #5 seed.

#6 [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG]

If the Saints win in week 17 against the Panthers, they're in as the #6 seed. If they lose though and either the Vikings or Redskins win, the wildcard should go to Minnesota or Washington. If New Orleans loses and the Vikings and Redskins win, then the Redskins will claim the #6 seed. If all 3 lose, the Saints make the playoffs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Excellent work and I can't believe I still have a chance at the playoffs

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Unfortunately, I was incorrect on that. Sorry for the false hope. I reviewed the wildcard rules and realized that I missed a step. Teams within a division still go by divisional rules for the wildcard. So the Bengals get the advantage over the Ravens and the Steelers because of that.

This is how it is now:

#5 & #6 [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG]

The Browns have clinched a playoff spot. So if they don't win the division, they will take a wildcard spot and get the #5 seed. The winner of the Patriots and Chargers game will make the playoffs. If they tie, then the Chargers should get it in, and if the Bengals lose to the Steelers, then the Patriots would also get in with a tie. The Bengals will make the playoffs win or lose as long as the Patriots and Chargers game doesn't tie.