Playoff Talk

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Oct 12, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

A little late for the Wildcard round match ups but what are your thoughts for the rest of the playoffs?

This is history! The first HK Bowl champion with a full 32 man roster!

Who do you think will win?

Who will be HK Bowl MVP?

Go through each matchup and predict what happens if you can.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Divisional Round

NFC:

Saints @ 49ers - Obviously already been played, Saints win.

Vikings @ Green Bay - From a personal stand point, I want to see the Vikings win. This gives me a home playoff game in the Championship round. Also, the Packers beat my ass when I played them earlier this season, thus, I'd rather take my chances with CP7 and the Vikqueens. Honestly though, with the way SNG has the Pack playing and the fact that these two teams met in Week 17 and the Packers appeared to dominate, I have to go with the Packers.

AFC:

Steelers @ Jets - Noles has already won two HK bowls from last release, so its obvious he knows how to win. Cade played in one as well, so hes no pushover. This is by far the best matchup of the Divisional round and I think its going to be a dog fight. With the injury to Revis and the fact that Cade doesnt have a true quarterback, I think the Steelers will squeak one out here.

Titans @ Broncos - While the Broncos did secure a first round bye and the #1 seed in the AFC, I just dont see them beating Bouncer. I think the week off is going to hinder the Broncos a bit. The Titans are rolling right now and Bouncer is a seasoned veteran when it comes to winning in the playoffs.

Championship Round

NFC:

Saints @ Packers - The Saints are lucky to even make it this far, tbqh. Judging by how badly this game went for us the first time around, I think the Packers dominate this one through and through.

AFC:

Titans @ Steelers (I cant remember who the #3 seed is, I think its the Steelers?) - Another great matchup here. Two teams that started slow but have willed their way to the AFC Championship game. I think this one should be another slug fest, but I just cant imagine a scenario where Noles doesnt pull this one out to make his way to a 3rd HK Bowl.

HK Bowl

Steelers @ Packers (in New Orleans, LA) - If this truly happens, its one of those games where you wish you could watch (I know I would). In the end though, I think SNG truly has a perfect fit for his play style in Green Bay. Final here: 31-23 (MVP: Aaron Rodgers).

• Like Like x 2
  3. controllerabuser

NFC:

Saints @ 49ers - Intriguing matchup. I thought Cougg would have his way with the Saints but the 49ers went down.

Vikings @ Green Bay - Tough to beat someone 3 times in a season. The Week 17 score does no justice to how it actually went down. 14-7, I ran a punt back that was called back on a holding. I missed a wide open, wide OPEN William Percival Harvin that was a for sure 6. So things went downhill after that. I think it's going to depend on if we can generate some turnovers in this one.

AFC:

Steelers @ Jets - Both vets and great players. I see Noles pulling out the W though. I didn't pay attention to the standings, didn't even know Moles made the playoffs?! I thought he was still in "tank" mode.

Titans @ Broncos - I haven't had a chance to play Flyin so I have no idea how good he is. Honestly cannot think how this will go down. I'll pick Bouncer though.

I'll wait to make predictions for the next rounds until I get the matchup.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

Vikings @ Packers........ While I had the pleasure of having my ass kicked by both of these guys, my bold prediction is the team with the least turnovers wins. Both of these teams take advantage of having the ball in their hands and they dont make mistakes. With all that said.... discount double check. I give the slight advantage to the Pack.

5. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

NFC:

Saints @ 49ers - I would have picked Coug in a close game, but I guess that shows why I am 8-8 and sitting home.

Vikings @ Green Bay - This should be interesting. I have the disadvantage of not having played CA so I cant really say but I have played SNG. All things being equal I say the Packers win this one in the 4th Qtr to advance on..

AFC:

Steelers @ Jets - If Revis were healthy I wold go with the Jets but seeing how the Steelers closed out the regular season I think the hot team (Pittsburgh) wins and moves on.

Titans @ Broncos - This will be interesting. If the Titans can get their ground game going I see a Tennessee win, but Flyin play good run defense. But in the end my gt says Titans in a very close one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Saints
    Vikings
    Jets
    Titans

Vikings vs Jets superbowl book it

• Like Like x 3
  7. controllerabuser

Youre Amazing

• Like Like x 2
  8. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

New
    Divisional Round

NFC:

Saints @ 49ers - Big Win for Saints... A bit suprising.
    Vikings @ Green Bay - I'm leaning towards CA because i know his skills on the sticks but with all the cheese in GreenBay I gotta say Packers.
    AFC:

Steelers @ Jets - This is one person i didnt want to face. No Revis to hold Mike Wallace scares me, plus i have no Keller to hit in the middle of the field of that zone blitz defense. Scary matchup..
    Titans @ Broncos - I know bouncers game with CJ and Flyin has this Broncos team rolling, but I think the HK vet rides Chris Johnson to victory

Championship Round

NFC:

Saints @ Packers - Aaron Rodgers vs Brees, great matchup. Cheeseheads or NOLA, This guy beat coug Saints it is...
    AFC:

Titans @ Steelers - I dont think with Revis gone I can beat Noles, so Tits/Steel City.... I think the Steelers would win the AFC but Bouncer wont go down without a fight..

HK Bowl

Steelers @ Saints- I see the Saint pulling this one out.​

• Like Like x 4
  9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Seems to be the theme.

Wow.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Divisional Round

NFC:

Saints @ 49ers - Surprising, now the sleeper

Vikings @ Green Bay - Vikes, they are showing a lot of heart and determination right now. They have someone that can control the clock and a deep threat when needed. The Packers might have all those weapons on offense but they have to get on the field to be used.

AFC:

Steelers @ Jets - Without Revis island and with juggling QBs at time, mark the Steelers down.

Titans @ Broncos - I would have taken bouncer and the Titans before knowing the outcome. They are the sleeper AFC team.

Conference Championships

NFC:

Saints - Vikings - When the regular season ended, who would have thought these two teams could represent the NFC for the Super Bowl? I'll take the Vikes again.

AFC:

Titans @ Steelers - Rivalry renewed but not in the South, as myself is with the Steelers and not with the Texans anymore. TBD.

Super Bowl

Vikings - TBD

• Like Like x 1
  11. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

A little late but never too late

Divisonal Round

NFC

Saints @ 49ers - I like the Saints but I honestly would have chose 49ers.

Vikings @ Green Bay - i love what SnG has done with the Packers and obviously the Rodger's boys (not brothers) are dangerous. It is extremely tough for any team to beat any team 3 times in one year. I am choosing Vikings

AFC

Steelers @ Jets - played both these teams and both are equal but will have to go with the team that ended up beating me and choose Noles

Titans @ Broncos- honestly would have chose Denver. Looking at Peyton's stats I was worried about the game.

Conference will be predicted when we get there

12. controllerabuser

CP7

13. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Championship Round

NFC

Saints @ Packers - Brees vs Rodgers this is an interesting matchup in the NFC championship round. On paper the Saints look to be the better team in terms of yards but can they turn those yards into points. Turnovers says they can't but this game could be different. Can Brees and the saints play a turnover free game or at least cut back the turnovers. If they can I feel the 3 headed backfield with a non-turnover Brees can win this game. But my prediction is going with the more steady and consistent Packers. 31-24