Playoffs are Here

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by BDSDIGITAL, Apr 14, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

First of all, the regular season is about 6 weeks too long.

But the playoffs are finally here and I'm stoked. Even though Cleveland is not participating. I think there are going to be some dynamite series in the semi's and conference finals.

Anyone see any first round upsets?

East:

1 Chicago v. 8 Indiania
    2 Miami v 7 Philly
    3 Boston v 6 New York
    4 Orlando v 5 Atlanta

West

1 S. Antonio v 8 Memphis
    2 Los Angeles v 7 New Orleans
    3 Dallas v 6 Portland
    4 Ok City v 5 Denver

I don't really think there will be any upsets in this first round. I could see Portland beating Dallas, but would that really be an upset for Dallas to lose in the first round? I know alot of the analysts like New York over Boston. I don't. I think it might be tight but I like Boston in 6.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these series go 6 or 7 games though....

Thoughts anyone?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Not sure how much of an upset it would be, but Atlanta went 3-1 vs Orlando this year. I still think Orlando wins the series easily, but as a Bulls fan I'd rather play the Hawks in round 2.

The playoffs look to be the best in years, especially the conference semi-finals in the East.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Merry Christmas boys

WESTERN CONFERENCE
    San Antonio vs. Memphis
    Game 1 - Sun April 17, Memphis at San Antonio, 1:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 2 - Wed April 20, Memphis at San Antonio, 8:30 p.m. ET, NBA TV
    Game 3 - Sat April 23, San Antonio at Memphis, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Game 4 - Mon April 25, San Antonio at Memphis, TBD, TBD
    Game 5 * Wed April 27, Memphis at San Antonio, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Fri April 29, San Antonio at Memphis, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sun May 1, Memphis at San Antonio, TBD, TBD

L.A. Lakers vs. New Orleans
    Game 1 - Sun April 17, New Orleans at L.A. Lakers, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 2 - Wed April 20, New Orleans at L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Fri April 22, L.A. Lakers at New Orleans, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Game 4 - Sun April 24, L.A. Lakers at New Orleans, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 5 * Tue April 26, New Orleans at L.A. Lakers, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Thu April 28, L.A. Lakers at New Orleans, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sat April 30, New Orleans at L.A. Lakers, TBD, TNT

Dallas vs. Portland
    Game 1 - Sat April 16, Portland at Dallas, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Game 2 - Tue April 19, Portland at Dallas, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Thu April 21, Dallas at Portland, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 4 - Sat April 23, Dallas at Portland, 5:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 5 * Mon April 25, Portland at Dallas, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Thu April 28, Dallas at Portland, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sat April 30, Portland at Dallas, TBD, TNT

Oklahoma City vs. Denver
    Game 1 - Sun April 17, Denver at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 2 - Wed April 20, Denver at Oklahoma City, 8:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Sat April 23, Oklahoma City at Denver, 10:00 p.m. ET, ESPN/R
    Game 4 - Mon April 25, Oklahoma City at Denver, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 5 * Wed April 27, Denver at Oklahoma City, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Fri April 29, Oklahoma City at Denver, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sun May 1, Denver at Oklahoma City, TBD, TBD

4. Blaza

EASTERN CONFERENCE
    Chicago vs. Indiana
    Game 1 - Sat April 16, Indiana at Chicago, 1:00 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN3D
    Game 2 - Mon April 18, Indiana at Chicago, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Thu April 21, Chicago at Indiana, 7:00 p.m. ET, NBA TV
    Game 4 - Sat April 23, Chicago at Indiana, 2:30 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 5 * Tue April 26, Indiana at Chicago, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Thu April 28, Chicago at Indiana, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sat April 30, Indiana at Chicago, TBD, TNT

Miami vs. Philadelphia
    Game 1 - Sat April 16, Philadelphia at Miami, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 2 - Mon April 18, Philadelphia at Miami, 7:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Thu April 21, Miami at Philadelphia, 8:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 4 - Sun April 24, Miami at Philadelphia, 1:00 p.m. ET, ABC
    Game 5 * Wed April 27, Philadelphia at Miami, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Fri April 29, Miami at Philadelphia, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sun May 1, Philadelphia at Miami, TBD, TBD

Boston vs. New York
    Game 1 - Sun April 17, New York at Boston, 7:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 2 - Tue April 19, New York at Boston, 7:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 3 - Fri April 22, Boston at New York, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Game 4 - Sun April 24, Boston at New York, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 5 * Tue April 26, New York at Boston, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Fri April 29, Boston at New York, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sun May 1, New York at Boston, TBD, TBD

Orlando vs. Atlanta
    Game 1 - Sat April 16, Atlanta at Orlando, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Game 2 - Tue April 19, Atlanta at Orlando, 7:30 p.m. ET, NBA TV
    Game 3 - Fri April 22, Orlando at Atlanta, 8:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2/ESPN3D
    Game 4 - Sun April 24, Orlando at Atlanta, 7:00 p.m. ET, TNT
    Game 5 * Tue April 26, Atlanta at Orlando, TBD, TBD
    Game 6 * Thu April 28, Orlando at Atlanta, TBD, TBD
    Game 7 * Sat April 30, Atlanta at Orlando, TBD, TNT

5. Blaza

Agree. I don't see Atlanta doing much against Orland. Dwight is playing out of his mind right now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blaza

As a Bulls fan, how what different things has Thibs done to improve the defense? I know you guys are one of the top defensive squads in the NBA.

Thibs got a ton of credit for his Boston defenses--are his schemes that much of a difference maker?

7. BDSDIGITAL

Atlanta never shows up in the playoffs. Not only have they gotten beat the last few years, they've gotten their asses kicked something awful. They quit vs. Orlando last year.

8. Dru50

To me, defense is more about hustle and effort than scheme, and that's what I think Thibs has helped the team with. This years Bulls squad is probably the hardest working group in the league this year, and it doesn't hurt that the three top guys on the team (Rose, Noah and Deng) have bought in 100% to what Thibs is selling.

Thibs has however really helped improved how the Bulls play the pick and roll, especially with guys like Noah and Taj Gibson. They show and trap the guy coming off the pick much more effectively than they did in the past (pretty similar to how Boston plays pick and roll defense over the past 3 years).

9. Dru50

Who does everyone think is taking home the crown?

I know the Lakers are the favorites, but my money is on Miami (as much as I hate to say it). They've dominated the Lakers in both regular season matchups and at the end of the day they have 2 of the top 4 guys in the league on their team. I just think that's going to be tough to beat in a 7 game series.

I'd love to see the Bulls make a run, but the team hasn't won a playoff series in years and history says in the NBA you have to fail a bit in the playoffs to succeed down the road. I think the Bulls make the Eastern Conference finals and drop a 6-7 game series vs Miami.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Miami and Chicago will meet in the Eastern Finals if they both win correct?

11. BDSDIGITAL

If the Celts still had Perkins they'd be my favorite for sure.

It's so hard to say this year. I think that any of the top 4 seeds in each conference could make a run at it.

???????

I think the winner of the Lakers v. Thunder / Spurs Western Conference Finals will win it all.

12. Dru50

Yes, if both win out they wouldn't meet until the conference finals I believe, assuming all other series hold to form.

If the favorites win in the East, you'd have Chicago/Orlando and Miami/Boston in round 2 and then Chicago/Miami in the conference finals.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I want that Chi-town and Cocaine city to meet in the Eastern Finals

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I wouldn't rule out on the Celtics, yeah they don't have perkins, but they have a 7 footer that can rebound & score when he needs to. Not sold on Miami- Wade is the Leader and needs to show it when it comes to crunch time and not have the ball in the hands of ChumpJames. Orl-Atl- should be a good series, gave up last yr, probably learned from that and when the Celtics won the Title Atl pushed them to a 7 gm series, so I'll be surprised if a sweep comes. Chi-Indi- Bulls are hot right now and will see if they can continue to play hard with the playoffs starting winning the 1st 2 games is crucial for the Bulls. SA-Mem- with all the injuries the spurs has this season, it will be crucial to end this series quick so they can heal the players with those injuries, Duncan and Mano come to mind. Lakers-NO- It will be a compatative series Lakers need Bynum to fill that middle for reb and scoring and Kobe scoring his usual points, will the bench continue to produce when the starters need a break. Dal-Port- Til the Mavericks play full tilt, i'm going with the Blazers in this series. Dallas has had 2 many up and down games and U can't have that in the playoffs or yr watching the rest of the playoffs at home. might be the last hurrah for Kidd and those Veterans. OKC-Den- when the Melo trade happened I thought Denver would Tank, But they went on a serious run to continue on and make the playoffs, They will need to contain Durant and continue their stellar play to make it to the next round.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The Hawks have played like manure the last month. I'm looking for a quick series so we can be rested up for the Bulls. Lord knows the Bulls will be sweeping the Pacers.

16. Bondzai

If the Celtics get past the Knicks, they will lose to the Heat. Mark it down.

17. Dru50

+1 on that. If your team is depending on Shaq as a defensive force, you are in serious trouble. That trade of Perkins for Green is looking like an abject disaster at this point.

18. Bondzai

I've heard that the Boston fans are starting to look down on Ainge for that trade.

19. Dru50

Working for a company headquartered in Boston, I can confirm that is very true.

20. Bondzai

If the Thunder manage to knock off the Lakers, they will give Danny Ainge a key to the city.

21. Dru50

I'm kind of surprised that everyone in the media just assumes the Lakers are winning it again. They've looked good since the all-star break, but I think OKC will give them a run in the west and any of the East contenders aren't going to roll over for them. I'd take the Bulls or Miami in a 7 game series vs the Lakers....especially if Bynum's injury hampers him at all.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The Bulls will crack in the playoffs. Something just tells me that they will be a lot like the Cavs. A great regular season team just not meant for the playoffs. I think Orlando is the team that does it to em. The Magic will get hot in the first round and ride it out against Chicago where Noah cannot body up Howard one on one so they leave the 3 point shooters wide open. Which unfortunately leads to a Heat/Magic ECF that the Heat will take. I cannot believe i'm saying this but the Heat just got a great draw by earning the 2 seed.

In the West OKC will get through Denver and San Antonio with relative ease (unless Memphis pulls the upset, Memphis could stretch OKC). On the half of the bracket the Lakers will get by Blazers and Mavs in what may combine to be 15 games necessary. That will set up OKC/LAL and the Lakers will squeak by in 7 with Kobe winning at least 2 of those games single handily.

In the Finals it will be a long series and a very physical one with LA not allowing Wade or LBJ to get to the hole without punishment. It will eventually wear down the Heat and the Lakers move on to their second 3peat and Phil Jackson retires a winner while the NBA takes a 1 year hiatus due to the expected lockout.

How's that for BOLD prediction?

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My Picks:

East:

1 Chicago v. 8 Indiania -- Chicago is too strong, Indiana is just glad to be here. Bulls win 4-0.
    2 Miami v 7 Philly -- I think my 76ers will grab one at home but in the end it'll be too hot for our young squad. Heat win 4-1
    3 Boston v 6 New York -- New York's trying to push the ball constantly. Don't think Boston's old legs can keep up. Knicks win 4-2
    4 Orlando v 5 Atlanta -- Atlanta has been up and down, Superman is looking for respect. He'll get it. Magic win 4-2

West

1 S. Antonio v 8 Memphis -- Memphis plays the Spurs well but this ain't the regular season. They'll put up a fight but... Spurs 4-1
    2 Los Angeles v 7 New Orleans -- One word... Black Mamba... ok, that was two words but you know what I mean... Lakers win 4-0
    3 Dallas v 6 Portland -- Aldridge has been playing well. I knew he was good being stationed out West for awhile. Dirk is slipping. Blazers advance 4-3
    4 Ok City v 5 Denver -- Denver is playing great team ball. OKC added some muscle with Perkins. Denver will steal a couple but in the end K.Durant will shine. OKC wins 4-2

24. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

East:

1 Chicago v. 8 Indiana -- Chicago wins 4-1... The Pacers try to make it interesting by winning Game 3...
    2 Miami v 7 Philly -- Miami wins this 4-2 maybe 4-2... Philly is solid but the Big Three are too much
    3 Boston v 6 New York -- Boston in 7.... The Knicks are another solid big guy away from really competing... Rondo dominates Biliups and Douglas, while Amare and Melo go for 30 a piece in several games during this series.
    4 Orlando v 5 Atlanta -- Why do they keep letting Atlanta make the playoffs, sorry but i hate watching Atlanta play...i know they are gonna fold up the tents, its only a matter of time, so i feel like watching them play is a waste of time........

West

1 S. Antonio v 8 Memphis -- Spurs in 6.... Memphis makes it competitive early with Manu out... but the goofy NBA playoff schedule gives Manu crazy time to heal....
    2 Los Angeles v 7 New Orleans -- Lakers in 4... Once West got hurt, the Hornets should have started playing for lottery balls...
    3 Dallas v 6 Portland -- The Blazers in 6.... if the Mavs had Caron Butler healthy, they would have more of a chance... but the Blazers are really really talented and deep...Dirk will make it closer... but the Blazers pull this off...
    4 Ok City v 5 Denver -- Thunder in 7... Best series of the first round by far...Denver is exciting, OKC is exciting... should be fun...

2nd round.....
    East
    Chicago over Orlando... in 6
    Miami over Boston in 7.... why the fuck did Ainge trade Perk again?
    West
    Ok City over San Antonio...in 6 The Thunder have alot of youth and ability, should push the spurs to the limit....
    LA over Portland in 7.... if the Blazers has Oden or one more big guy to help Camby and Aldridge or a healthy Brandon Roy to deal with Kobe....i would take the Blazers, but i think they fall just a bit short.....

Conference Finals.....
    Miami over Chicago in 6... Too much Wade and LBJ despite Rose being an absolute monster.....
    LA over OKC.... Durant and Co are one year away....

Finals..
    LA over Miami in 6..... with a Healthy Bynum... the Lakers are too big inside for the Heat to deal with as Bosh is as soft as charmin and gets exposed by Gasol...

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This is a question the entire basketball world would like to have answered. The C's haven't been the same since and Jeff Green looks like a deer caught in headlights.