Playoffs

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yay or nay?

I'm at nay right now.

2. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

same here nay , thanks for letting join ya guys anyways.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Playoffs? Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs and I can't even win a tournament.

I'm for yay but I bet most are going with nay.

4. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I dunno it felt like just going trough the motions for me the past n tournaments.

Actually been playing TW 11 the last couple of days.The true-view from 11 with the landing circle of 12 and no caddie would be best if you ask me.

We have about what 6 people left so really don't know lol.Any of you guys want to give Tournament mode try for the next tourney and take it from there?

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

What's tournament mode?

6. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    step above tour pro :no landing circle and no putting meter

on regular shots basically you can't use focus.The aiming u can get around as you can figure out where the middle of the landing is,plus u can adjust aim while zoomed in( step back in this year game imo).it is quite gimmicky and gets used to : there is no distances to the flag and elevation changes.There is also no distances of your clubs(so you have to write it down).This was the biggest stupidity with the fucking caddy.On Tournament Mode it tells you waht % and shape shot to hit,but you have to use a calculator to figure how many yards to the flag

putting is trickier as it gives you the shot in % after you hit. if you are interested i can give you the sheet for converting the % putts into feet

I played couple of rounds tonite in RTTM shot -1 @ AAC. The winning scores in the dailys are usually -6 to -7 on AVERAGE,so it is harder to score

Oh yeah also you have the true-view presentation,where you can only see a line of your shot,instead of the follow cam.So if you are hitting from a bunker or uphill you have no clue where you shot is going till it's over

7. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Basis4aDay56

So I'll assume we are done(ok with me btw)?

I've been playing some Tournament Mode in RTTM.The biggest thing about this mode is not to give up after 15 minutes after you 4 putt from 10 feet away,or miss 4 fairways and greens on a row.After that it gets easier

Scrambling is way too easy.Putting I'm getting used to.
    Tournament conditions/Live weather

Augusta 74-71-72-68 285 -3 FIR 40/56 GIR 48/72 PUTTS 125
    Sawgrass 69-68-69-75 281 -7 FIR 35/56 GIR 44/72 (last round it was blowing 25+ i only hit 5 fairways and 9 greens)
    Played 1 round at Pebble 68 FIR 10 GIR 8 :eek: (got up and down 9/10 times and had 2 eagles,so i expected higher)

For comparison I shot -24 @ Augusta and -44 @ Sawgrass in the tourneys we played

Other scores

Waeilaei -16 for the tournament (slow or average greens not sure)
    Scottsdale 66-66-71 -10 for 3 rounds (average or fast)
    TPC San Antonio 72-69-75-77 +5 for 4 rounds (fast greens)

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Those are some refreshing scores. I haven't put TW in for a while, but when I get the itch again I'll try this mode out.

9. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Any body still have this? Watching the Presidents Cup gave me the itch to play.

10. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I haven't played in about 3 months...P2P are absolutely dead online on the PS3 side...

11. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I haven't played in about 7 months ! I hope everyone is well though, i will very much be around for this years instalment !