Plays of the week - 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sonn, Dec 27, 2011.

1. sonn

sonn Walk On

Once again its time for the highlights of the week.

At number 3 we have a rare offensive highlight from Ped.. I mean Penn State
    QB Roger Cannon connects with WR Bobby Andrews who takes the pass the distance for a 92 yard touchdown in the Nittany Lions dismantling of the school with the stupid tree mascot.​
    The number 2 highlight of comes courtesy of Clemson RB David Webb.​
    Webb shows off nice speed on his way to a 72 yard score. The Tigers running back had a monster day rushing for 199 yards and 5 TDs on just 16 carries.​
    Highlight #1 comes from my sleeper pick for this year.​
    Hurricane WR DeAndre Moss takes a big hit in the endzone but manages to hold onto the ball for a 10 yard touchdown.​
    The picture of the week is Miami RB Ryan Parks going in for one of his four touchdowns on the day.​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Expect more offensive highlights this year than last. We are much better offensively now that we have scrapped the spread option.

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

With week 2 in the books here the plays of the week.

At #3 we have a nice run from Missouri Tiger RB Steven Hart.
    Hart had a great game fishing 221 yards and 3 touchdowns.​
    The number 2 play of the week comes from the Virgnia Tech offense.​
    RB Sean Jenkins makes a nice cut and scampers 80 yards for the touchdown.​
    The #1 play for week 2 is this 98 yard kickoff return by Miami returner Marquis Battle near the end of the 1st half. ​
    This week there are 2 great pictures to show. ​
    First we have Hurricane corner Jason Campbell making a nice grab.​
    [​IMG]
    Next we have Nebraska RB Brandon Washington celebrating his 4 yard touchdown run.​
    [​IMG]

4. PAgamer07

Nice job Sonn. Not sure what it is about Miami, but they also have quality kick returners.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sonn

sonn Walk On

Here are the highlights for week 3 and 4 in a slightly hungover truncated edition.

For week 3:

The #3 highlight is a nice play from the Miami special teams:
    Play #2 play is come RB Adam Brown who breaks off a huge 73 yard run:​
    The best play of the week comes once again from the Miami-Boise as Hurricane WR Mike Cunningham makes one of the best catches I've ever seen. ​
    The best picture comes from Northwestern defensive player Daniel Johnson making one of his 2 picks on the day.​
    [​IMG]

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

Week 4:​
    At #3 Penn State WR Bobby Andrews shows his versatility taking this reverse 9 yards for the score.​
    #2 is a excellent playaction from the Nebraska offense as TE Tate Newsome makes a diving grab in the endzone.​
    I'm a sucker for these so its no surprise that Terrapin returner David Williams returns a kickoff 99 yards for the touchdown.​
    Nittany Lion DB Michael Hughes brings us the picture of the week with this leaping interception.​
    [​IMG]

7. PAgamer07

Damn, that Newsome catch was a tough one. Shocked it wasn't picked off. Pretty big win there for Nebraska. And Michael Hughes is the man!

8. sonn

sonn Walk On

I think ZCar352 put in a cheat code to complete that pass. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. sonn

sonn Walk On

Here are the highlights for week 5. I'll have week 6 up tonight:
    The #3 play is the Miami special teams makes nice play blocking this extra point from Clemson kicker Brad Dawson​
    The number 2 play also comes from the Miami-Clemson game. Clemson Tiger CB Michael Thomas ends the 1st half with a bang returning an errant Darren Fellows pass 94 yards for the touchdown.​

The play of the week is Sooner WR Michael Cochran sidestepping a tackle on this screen pass for a 74 yard touchdown.​
    The picture for week 5 comes once again from the Tiger- Hurricane game as Clemson RB David Webb dives into the endzone.​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PAgamer07

NIce job sonn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sonn

sonn Walk On

Sorry for being behind on this.

The number 3 highlight for week 6 is from Sooner RB Adam Brown who outruns the Cyclone defense for this 31 yard score.
    Buckeye returner Kawika Brown returns a kick 98 yards for the touchdown in this highly contested 54-51 rainy affair between Ohio State and Iowa.​
    The number 1 highlight of the week is fittingly from the game of the week between Virginia Tech and Nebraska. Virginia Tech QB Adam Brown finishes off the game tying drive with a 39 yard touchdown with just 4 seconds left on the clock.​
    The picture of the week is Illinois QB Martin Williams getting laid out by a Northwestern defender.​
    [​IMG]

12. sonn

sonn Walk On

The highlights for week 7 are as follows​
    Ohio State starts off the week: Spartan QB Daniel Gould takes a big hit from a Buckeye lineman and corner Alex Newsome picks up the loose ball and returns it 48 yards for the touchdown.​
    Nebraska returner Brandon Washington starts a 24-0 run to end the game with a 87 yard kick return for highlight #2.​
    The highlight of the week once again comes courtesy of Nebraska. The Cornhusker offence uses some trickeration with Johnathon Wallace with Mike Bowling on this flea flicker. ​
    Michael Burgess does his best Tim Tebow impression following a 46 yard touchdown reception.​
    [​IMG]

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

Finally here is week 8.​

At number 3 Missouri Tiger FS Kevin Noel takes this tipped ball 13 yards for the touchdown. It was one of 9(!!!!) interceptions on the day by the Tiger defense.
    The number 2 highlight Hurricane QB Darren Fellows gets blown up on this option play by the Virginia Tech defense.​
    The highlight of the week is Joel Macklin taking a punt 78 yards for the touchdown.​
    Here's another great picture from JohnnyClutch. This time it's Cornhusker WR Paul Ross after he scored a 26 yard touchdown.​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  14. PAgamer07

lol @darren fellows

15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Really like the week 7 highlights. :)

sonn great job. Also the pic for week 8 is not showing up.

16. sonn

sonn Walk On

Fixed.

17. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Very nice work sonn, I always look forward to these!

• Like Like x 1
  18. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

19. sonn

sonn Walk On

Here are the highlights for week 9.

Cory Doyle makes a nice adjustment catching this tipped pass for a touchdown for the #3 play of the week.

Hokie CB Trey Spencer brings us highlight #2 taking back this interception 90 yards for the score.

Cory Doyle shows up once again when this great leaping grab in the endzone for a 23 yard touchdown.
    The picture this week comes from the Okahoma defence.
    [​IMG]
    DT Kelvin Vincent teams with RE Tim Leonard to strip Baylor QB Eric Nelson of the ball which was picked up by Sam Baker and returned for the touchdown.​

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  20. PAgamer07

I had an awesome pic but my shit logged me out as my results were uploading. So no highlights or pics from my game with Nebraska

21. sonn

sonn Walk On

Hmm seems like I got a little ahead of myself. Here are the highlights for week 10. This week we have a little gift as there are 5 highlights to show.​

At number 5 Buckeye HB Jason Butler makes a nice cut at near the end of this run to score a touchdown.

The number 4 highlight is this 33 yard run from Hurricane RB Ryan Parks. Watch the nice spin move to escape a would-be tackler.
    We have a 2 way tie for the second best hightlight. First up is a 99 yard kickoff return from Nebraska's Mike Bowling who breaks a tackle on his way to the touchdown.​
    Next is a 84 yard return from Nittany Lion Geoff McMillian who stumbles but manages to regain his footing on the way to a 84 yard score.​
    We got back to Miami for the highlight of the week. Miami shows some nice ingenuity on offense as it seems like HB John Merrit will take the handoff on the sweep but instead of running he passes it to a wide open Ryan Parks who takes it 76 yards to the house.​
    There is also 2 pictures to show you.​
    First is Penn State's Geoff McMillian diving into the endzone​
    [​IMG]

Finally Cornhusker Mike Bowling tells the home crowd to shut up after his score against Michigan State.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  22. sonn

sonn Walk On

Its time for the week 11 highlights.

At #3 Missouri Tigers TE Anthony Adams shrugs off a tackle for a 8 yard touchdown. Adams had a nice day with 2 touchdown receptions.
    Penn State FS Jesse Murphy brings the #2 highlight with this nice 104 yard interception return during the Nittany Lions' 38-3 pounding of Ohio State.​
    Miami Hurricane WR Larry Miller rmakes an excellent grab in the back of the endzone for his 29 yard touchdown reception. Miller had an absolute monster game with 266 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns. ​
    The picture of the week is Miller making the aforementioned grab. ​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. sonn

sonn Walk On

Here are the highlights for week 12

At number 3 Clemson RB David Webb makes a nice spin move on his way to a 17 yard gain.
    The Buckeye defender Reggie Ball makes a nice strip on Hoosier RB Eddie Woods for the #2 highlight of the week.​
    Missourah WR Cam Higgins makes a nice diving catch in the endzone in the Tigers blowout win of Iowa State.​
    Higgins also brings us the picture of the week.​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

An epic spin the wrong direction.

25. PAgamer07

LOL. Stupid AI still couldnt make the tackle.