Plea to delay launching!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Plea to delay launching!

Guys,

I know how much we all want to get this OD started! However, I think we need to be PATIENT a little while longer. Reasons?

- Difficulty/sliders: There is a good possibility that a toughened up all-american level will be better for us than heisman. Either way, after the patch, I think there needs to be expansive slider testing on both levels. We need to test beast teams vs. crap teams, beasts vs. beasts, crap vs. crap, and middle of the road teams against both. The go is realism, so IMO it would be foolish to launch before this is all nailed down.

- Rosters: We need to wait for the OS Community rosters. The work being put in by everyone will make these great, and again, IMO it would be a bad move to launch without these.

I like the recruiting system, and everything else seems to be locked down rather well. These two issues should delay the launch until we are satisfied that this product, the E-League, will be the best that it can.

Thanks for reading.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

If Basis jumped off a bridge, I'd do it too. I'm with Basis.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

And if you jump off the bridge, Ill win the ACC..(y)

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats the only way you'll win it.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I left a comment on the blog that I thought we should test out sliders before starting. Also, if you read the league description, the level in there is AA, not Heisman.

EDIT:
    And Amp, do you need an E-League sig like the rest of ours?

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I agree, with what Basis saud, I mean. I'll let you guys figure out the ACC thing.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'm definitely waiting for the patch before launching, but for a different reason - I want to be able to turn off Dynasty Accelerators.

The roster thing isn't a big deal for the TeamBuilder dynasty.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

You'd do that because deep down inside where it hurts, you KNOW,

IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO BE WITH A THAN AGAINST GATOR!!!

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'd castrate myself before I took sides with a gator. Basis is with NotreDame. You know...the place where Urban keeps telling Gayville where he ISN'T going.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Sting It!! Dont Spear It.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oh really now.......

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I totally agree with this. Even if I wasn't leaving town tomorrow for a week.

But really, there's no reason to rush. I'd like better rosters and taking some time to get the difficulty/sliders right would be nice. Not to mention the scheduling issues we're working on.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

You guys can fight over who finishes Second and Third...LOL

14. jello1717

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/336526-community-rosters-update-46.html

From what I understand, we plan on using the OS community rosters right? Are we aware that they're rerating players on there?
    And to give you an idea of the magnitude of some of their changes:
    This is all fine and dandy, but whenever people rerate teams (besides it taking too long of course) there's always the (likely) chance of favortism getting involved. I couldn't find the quote, but I read that they've only rerated teams in the Big 10.

Just some stuff to think about....

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I would rather the editors play favorites than us or EA.

Tell me FSU is that good.:)

I am fine with using whatever the OS Community Roster Project outputs.

16. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I saw that this morning. A few other teams as well. They bumped up ratings on teams like Baylor and TCU as well.....???

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We're bound to suffer from some bias if teams get edited for ratings. Me, or maybe jello will certainly get the worst of it, and FSU, Miami, and Notre Dame will get a bump. Fams will be fans, I guess.

But I think they'll probably be reasonable. Last year, OSU went from a 99 at the start, to an 89 at season's end. It wasn't a fair assessment, but it was close. Texas Tech turned out to be hugely overreated, and Ole Miss was underrated, etc. But this set of rosters was far closer to the real thing than anything else out there. We may be able to pick at this or that, but what we get will be closer to reality than anything else available.

But the season will prove that a lot of these teams aren't as good as we think they are, and some of you guys will be thankful we didn't launch just after your team took a hit for getting beat up by USC :). Many of you will benefit from the kindness of the fans doing the rosters.

AG

18. jello1717

If I got the worst of it, then I'd say overall, we did pretty well. My team actually did take a hit somehow (went from a B+ to a B) but I'm not really sure how that happened. It must be due to the position changes that are in the community roster. I think there were maybe 3 or 4 guys that went down by a point or two, but there were probably 10 guys or so that went up by 2+ points (which is why I'm confused as to why my team's rating went down), but overall, I'd say my team is stronger now than they were on the default rosters. One good example is they took my 83 OVR #5 receiver and turned him into an 87 OVR #2 HB. This is the kind of thing that worries me though as he was an HB last year, but everything I've read says that he'll move to WR this year so I think EA got that right, but someone moved him back to HB. I'm not sure if this is because they read something newer than I did or because they knew he was an HB last year and assumed that the rosters online are all wrong.

EDIT:
    I looked at my depth chart and they had some lower rated guys starting over higher rated ones. I fixed that and I'm still a B+ overall (with better players).

19. Since they will be changing more ratings and depth chart stuff in phase 2 are we just going to go with the 1st release?

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its time to play. Anytime guys start adjusting ratings I get a bit skittish.

With the way past EA games have been you dont want to mess with stuff too much or you end up with bugs and crashes and other issues.

If this is anything like past rosters to start a dynasty or franchise look out if you mess around too much.

21. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Hey guys, I just got back and I'm trying to sort out what happened to the roster project in my absence.

I'm sorry for the delay and alarm that the re-rates may have caused. All will be fixed.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Bruce, either way, we need to do slider testing now that the patch is out.