PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY POST MADDEN UPDATE 1.03...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Sep 27, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY POST MADDEN UPDATE 1.03...

There have been issues regarding disconnects during online franchise games after downloading the latest Madden patch. I, myself, have experienced the bug. However, there is a solution (yes, it worked for me and my opponent)... As the title of the thread indicates, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY POST MADDEN UPDATE 1.03...

From the main startup menu of the PS3 under the "Game" (controller icon)...

1. Scroll to the "Game Data Utility" and select it ("X" on your controller)
    2. Scroll to the "Madden 11" file and delete it ("triangle" on your controler and select "Delete")
    3. Scroll to the "Saved Data Utility (PS3)" and select it ("X" on your controller)
    4. Scroll and delete ALL files (profile, franchise, roster, etc.) that are associated with "Madden 11" ("triangle" on your controller and select "Delete")

Once you have completed those steps, fire up the game and re-download/install the latest Madden update. Don't forget to reconfigure your profile settings (playbook, audibles, game settings, etc.). Let us know if any questions/concerns. Thanks for your attention regarding this.

2. CHUNKNESS

PLEASE NOTE... Make sure to back up any data that you want SAVED before permanently deleting your files. You may do so using an external memory device such as a flash drive or an external hard drive.

3. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

ps, this sucks

4. CHUNKNESS

don't shoot the messenger ;)

5. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

not ur fault...just wish things worked like they are supposed to :)

6. CHUNKNESS

you, me, and everyone else... Damn you EA!!! lol

7. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

So I was trying to be preemptive and do this before I ever start a game... Now I get an error that says this is a Madden 11 Beta and I cannot purchase anything. Which means I cannot impute my online code....

wth happened?

8. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Just so you know my steps.

1. Deleted all madden content on the PS3 via game utility and saved utility.
    2. When I put the game in it says I have to download patch 1.03 (Shouldn't the game DL?)

9. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

It should...

10. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Does this mean we have to roll without the old pre-snap configurations for the rest of the seson??? I mean, we have to roll with using the new Madden 11 stuff like coverage, lb and dl movement using the new way. Instead of what came out on the new patch like the old scholl way of calling ur coverage, bump and run, hot routes etc...

11. CHUNKNESS

guys, once you have deleted everything, you will be required to download the new patch. do so and everything will be the same as it was before. by doing so, it just creates a new directory for your Madden 11 files. all you will need to do is reconfigure your profile preferences, re-redeem your online code (from the back of the game manual), and upload any Madden files you wanted to keep saved.

12. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I actually did that, deleted everything like you said. But when I played my league game, it only had the new version of pre-snap adjustments and not the old ones. Thats why I asked the question.

Once I deleted everything and started up the game, it said to download the new patch and I did. Redeemed my code and everything, went to play my game and found out I could only do the quick new version of pre-snap adjustments not the old ones were u used the L1 for LB shift, triangle for hot routes etc.... What can I do to have this back???

13. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

same here (n)

14. CHUNKNESS

I've been using the new audible format with the D-pad, so I didn't notice that the old controls were no longer available with the new patch. Unless there is another update coming, I can only assume they did not include the old audible controls with the latest patch. Perhaps somebody can Tweet Mr. Cummings regarding the issue...

15. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Ok, the only thing I can tink of trying is going into the PS Store and redeeming my code. Maybe that will override things for me.

But when I am at the menu and I click Play Online I get an error message that says my game is only the "Beta" Version and I cannot purchase or redeem codes. When I just click continue to purchase or redeem codes the error message just continues popping up.

16. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I hate the D-pad controls...

EA needs to fix ASAP.

18. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

guys...go to settings there is an option to change the old option and you need to make it say on

19. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Ill try that when I get home, thanx Andy. I just hate using the d-pad too.

20. CHUNKNESS

Yes, you will need to activate your Madden online key from the PSN store. Also, I was having the same issue with my alternate account that I use for simming results. If you have created an alternate or new profile, use your original profile name to activate your Madden online key from the online store. I did so and it activated both of my accounts accordingly.

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Or you can just wait till after our game and you can mess up (y)

22. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

:eek:Noooooo, cant do that :D
    My offense sucks enuf at that, dont need any more confussion going on with them lol..

23. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

So I went through the PS3 store and it worked. However, I lost all my coins... not that its a big deal but I was saving my coins to scout Curtis, Andy, Josh.